Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 9, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #19,516 of 75,569
Yes, there might be other contenders for this requirement but if you backread maybe a few hundred posts or simply search cygnus in this thread's search feature, it's sort of a general consensus that it's one of the best all arounder. Some say it's bass shy but a few of us who has let it burned in for quite some time noticed an improvement in bass. One con would be that the cable turns green eventually due to oxidation but doesnt affect the sound. Please search so you can confirm for yourself, there's also a thread for the cygnus if you want more reading. Also known as one of the best for vocals. i wanted to try qfred if it trumps cygnus for vocals but too expensive just for that for me

Edit: if you'll go with cygnus, might as well order heigi donut foams. It doenst come with extra foams from what i remember and it works awesome with donut foams

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #19,517 of 75,569
HI All,

just wonder if there other review for yinman 600ohm ? only found 1 review from user here, seems this model not really popular ? how about yinman 600ohm compare with seahf 650 ohm and also k's500 ohm ? i owned k's500 v2 and loved it, just thinking to add 1 more between yinman 600 or seahf 650. any thought will be appreciate. thank you.

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #19,518 of 75,569
How do you like the k500? They're on their way to me... If one finds aw awesome bud like the 500 why does one need more buds? They're not just great all rounders? By the way, can you use them on your phone without amping?

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #19,519 of 75,569
hi, k's 500 ohm is a very good all rounder, bass, mid, high, all in order. i never try from phone but direct from fiio x5ii need me to turn volume to around 80 to get good sound. you will love yours, i guarantee.

i only want to add some earbud in my collection :)

Apr 9, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #19,520 of 75,569
Just gave a short run of the recabled Qian39 and below are some of the tracks i've used:
Celine Dion - All By Myself
Sarah McLachlan - Fear
Enya - Aniron
Star*****er - Pop Song
The Black Keys - Everlasting Light
Wilco - Pieholden Suite

Rest at at random while i was typing:
Cheer Chen - Child (Mandarin)
Benji Hughes - Do You Think They Would Tell You?
Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
Of Montreal - Gronlandic Edit

The setup for me is through my desktop with stock Walnut V2 as an amp and the line out is a generic copper cable which i have gotten from AE. Side note is that the Walnut with the copper cable is actually pretty bassy, and i have certainly gotten used to the sound lol. I used 2 donut foams over the Qian39 as i dont want to muffle the trebles as i kinda enjoy brighter sounds but not for extended period.

Abit of foreword, the stock Qian39 is very well know for its bass and comfort, as it has one of the smallest body among all earbuds i must apologise that i actually have very limited vocab with sound description so bare with me for awhile. And one more thing is that i have not used the stock Qian39 for abit, and alot here is based on my memory.

Bass: The bass quantity is still there, but i would say is sound more refined now. Previously, i must say tho they are there, the purpose is like "hey bro, i am here" kind of bass. Now it sound like, "check out that hot chick (bass) over there". Its there and u can notice how pleasant it is. I dont know if my idea of midbass is correct (my idea is the shake at the end of the notes which is super nice to hear), if it is, the quantity and smoothness is there too.

Mids: Are always pleasant for the stock Qian39, i didnt notice much difference and honestly, i cant tell them apart if they excel in the mid range LOL

Trebles: Still not the best, but i must say it sound abit better than stock. The KZ cables i've used actually dont really improve much in the upper regions as they are copper (? unsure if the material really matters or its a placebo effect, but i havent had any silver replacement cables at the moment, and will update once i have a good listen to a recabled one).

The cable replacement did smoothen up the bass, with minimal impact to the highs. I would definitely love the highs to be more apparent but i definitely prefer this version compared to stock. To compare this with the recabled SHE3800, E808+ and the taobao replacement version of recabled PK2, i would probably place it joint 1st with the SHE3800 but the SHE3800 is heavily retuned to my taste. The E808+ abit behind on 3rd, and the PK2 4th as the shell is too hollow and made the bass very airy. I might not be a basshead but honestly listening to the Walnut and all the bassy buds made me brain-burnt to like them LOL.

How does it sound?

Apr 9, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #19,521 of 75,569
Guys, what earbuds are best suited for mobile phones? I mean the zen 2, ty 650 an etc' need amping... But what buds sound great just by plugging them to your phone?

It also depends on your phone. For example the LG v10, LG v20 and ZTE Axon 7 have enough volts to easily drive HP 650. Some lower end smartphones, budget ear buds would be fine since not quality source.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #19,524 of 75,569
  are the DIY yuin PK2 worth the money? are they upgrade from the low end monk+ Qian39 earbuds? 

There are different Yuin pk2 DIY makers, so its difficult to gauge quality. The ones I have had in the past were not as enjoyable as the Qian39. 

As of today my favourite all rounder are Faaeal 32, Ty Hi-Z 32 and Ty Hi- hp150, and this mx500 shelled bud. ( As of right now Faaeal is maybe best allrounder or mx500 , haven't made up my mind on which one i like the best, ty hi z 32 is bassier and more vintage maybe, the hp150 is more nuanced with no distorted low and good highs. ).  Hope that helps you. 

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #19,525 of 75,569
  are the DIY yuin PK2 worth the money? are they upgrade from the low end monk+ Qian39 earbuds? 

I would second @tinkertailor, mind didnt really sounded that good and Monk+ easily sound better. The shells for PK2 is too hollow and i bet they did alot of tuning to make them sound good, though i dont have one of the original stock myself

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #19,527 of 75,569
  I would second @tinkertailor, mind didnt really sounded that good and Monk+ easily sound better. The shells for PK2 is too hollow and i bet they did alot of tuning to make them sound good, though i dont have one of the original stock myself

Which seller and model did you buy?

I bought these but I don't have them yet:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-New-NICEHCK-DIY-PK2-Earbud-In-Ear-Earphone-Earbud-Flat-Head-Plug-Earplugs-Headset-Free/32801437048.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.PBZrJk

If Monk+ sounds better, that's terrible to me. I paid $25.00 CAN for these. :frowning2:

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #19,528 of 75,569
  Which seller and model did you buy?

I bought these but I don't have them yet:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-New-NICEHCK-DIY-PK2-Earbud-In-Ear-Earphone-Earbud-Flat-Head-Plug-Earplugs-Headset-Free/32801437048.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.PBZrJk

If Monk+ sounds better, that's terrible to me. I paid $25.00 CAN for these. :frowning2:

I think I had the DASETN ones, this company that was selling a bunch of cheap buds a few years ago, not even sure they are around anymore. Yours might be great, I hope they are!

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #19,529 of 75,569
I looked in AliExpress and saw that most orders were for faaeal 64 not 32, are they the same? Also what's the difference between ty 32 regular and ty 32 balanced? Those earbuds are considered good all around and need no amping?

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #19,530 of 75,569
I looked in AliExpress and saw that most orders were for faaeal 64 not 32, are they the same? Also what's the difference between ty 32 regular and ty 32 balanced? Those earbuds are considered good all around and need no amping?

The Balanced model will have a 2.5mm TRRS (4-pole) plug for audio-only - rather than a 3.5mm TRS (3-pole) plug for audio, or possibly a 3.5mm TRRS (4-pole) plug, if there is an optional cable with a Microphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back