Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 20, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #1,321 of 75,229
and for ClieOS, Jiushao E300 v E600 which one will you prefer?
biggrin.gif

#from the SQ not the price

Won't say one of obviously better than the other. For mainstream music, I'll pick E300. For instrument and Classical, probably E600.

The worst option for that sir?

Add $9 more to your $50 budget and you can get Etymotic MK5, which is about as reference flat as it can be under $100. But it is an IEM, not an earbud. To mix with earbuds, or with any kind of headphone, you need to beware not to over compensate. The point is to understand what you listen on headphone will not be the same as on loudspeaker.

Jul 21, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #1,324 of 75,229
Philips SHE 1360/97 -  Not sure if this has been discussed here before, just wanted to share my experience with these cheap earbuds. I bought these for Indian rupee 90 (roughly US$ 1.5) few months back from amazon. For such low price, these earbuds are surprisingly very good sounding ones for me.

I am no aural expert but to my ears, these are sounding more airy, 3 dimensional, and lively than many of the costly earphones/buds that I have used before. I also couldn't find any exaggerated bass or treble peaks (though i do feel there is a slight bit of prominence of mids) with these. I found them to be easy to drive with most of my audio devices (especially with my 6 years old Nokia N97, 3 years old Galaxy Y) but when used with Topping NX1, these excels even better.

These are relatively bigger sized buds which may cause discomfort around the inner ear (or whatever it is called) when worn for long hours. In my case, by wearing it not too tight (i mean not pushing it too closer/inside the ears) and adding a earbud cover/cushion makes away with inner ear discomfort and I can use it for extended periods of listening. #YMMV

http://www.amazon.in/Philips-SHE1360-97-Headphone-Black/dp/B005YH826S

Jul 22, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #1,325 of 75,229

I ended up getting a pair.  $6USD on Lunashops.  http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=1116

If they were my first pair of earbuds, I would be happy with them, but they are just OK IMO.

The cable is a little prone to microphonics.  They are just a tad muddy for my taste as well.

One of the more comfortable earbuds I have tried and they are surprisingly light.

The Suvov S20 is still my top budget earbud, though I am EAGERLY waiting the arrival of the VE Monk.

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #1,326 of 75,229
Koss is having a 20% off promotion on their website, which brings the price down to about what they normally cost everywhere else
tongue_smile.gif

Anyone rate their earbuds at all? They even have some camoflage ones, in case you're a Treant or something...

Jul 22, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #1,327 of 75,229
How would you compare the Earbell E100 to the JiuShao offerings? I'm still waiting on them but so far I'm super impressed with the E100, it just sounds amazingly good (for an earbud), sound seems to be improving, not sure if it's burn in or I'm just getting addicted to their sound signature.

Jul 22, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #1,328 of 75,229
  How would you compare the Earbell E100 to the JiuShao offerings? I'm still waiting on them but so far I'm super impressed with the E100, it just sounds amazingly good (for an earbud), sound seems to be improving, not sure if it's burn in or I'm just getting addicted to their sound signature.

If you like E100, keep it. JiuShao is more like side-stepping and the sound signature is very different.

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #1,329 of 75,229
I was listening to the Monk today, and I think its pretty impressive, specially considering their price. They are supposed to get better with a bit of burn in as well (the bass especially). I wasn't expecting it to sound as well it does, so needless to say I was pleasantly surprised! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back