Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 5, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #7,801 of 75,348
  should be there soon now

Brooko to the rescue?
i still need to hear the original mojito anyway..

i hope to god Brooko gets to review it, easily one of if not the best reviewer on the site. great writer.

Also desperately holding myself back from buying all the TY Hi-Zs.... gotta be patient!

i still just want to hear the mojito new version. If anyone in the boston area wants to do a mini-meet...

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #7,802 of 75,348
  What is for me then ? 

I can only think of Zen Black balanced. A warmer complement to the brighter Mojito. Best of both worlds. The pinnacle of earbuds.

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #7,803 of 75,348
  I only want to collect ultra high-end tbh

a) Go a completely different route in sound signature and get either:
   i) Zen 2.0 (Normal, Balanced, or Balck Edition)
  ii) NOS Zen 1.0
b) Go the vintage route and get the following brands:
  i) Aiwa (Most notably the Aiwa HPV-99)
 ii) Sony (Most notably the Sony MDR E-282)

Or:
c) go back to budget earbuds again.

I went this "c" route myself starting with budget, then I went to high-end and then returned to budget again and I must admit this is the place where the real fun is.

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #7,804 of 75,348

Or:

I went this "c" route myself starting with budget, then I went to high-end and then returned to budget again and I must admit this is the place where the real fun is.

Mojito can´t be "ultra high end", because Wild Lee posted recently, that real high end buds don´t need foams, so.....  
biggrin.gif

Quote: "foam if paired with high quality earbud will do more harm than good" (VE Monk thread)

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #7,805 of 75,348
Today I spent my afternoon reading taobao listing and read many interesting (albeit google translated).

to my limited understanding TY high Z earbud is not that hard to drive since they're quite sensitive?

can @haiku or @AudioNewbi3 or @vapman any other owners confirm this?

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #7,806 of 75,348

Or:

I haven't come there yet. Still, I do buy some budget stuff even if I want to stick to high end earbuds. TY HI-Z32 is really great and I think I prefer it to original Monk, Monk+ and AuGlamour RX1. RX1 does have some of the nicest mids I've heard in a pair of earbuds, though...

The only problem with buying budget earbuds is that you buy much more. Do you really need 30-40 earbuds? My aim is to stick around 20 but it's hard...

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #7,807 of 75,348
Aug 5, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #7,810 of 75,348
  Today I spent my afternoon reading taobao listing and read many interesting (albeit google translated).

to my limited understanding TY high Z earbud is not that hard to drive since they're quite sensitive?

I read the Teiba thread that the new 400Ohm by TY is significantly easier to drive than the 320Ohms if SeaHf. How true is this, I have no idea, as I always use my buds on a stack.

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #7,812 of 75,348
600 Ohms for an Earbud, i think this will be first of its kind :)

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #7,814 of 75,348
Aug 5, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #7,815 of 75,348

For Seahf 200 mw and up at 16 Ohm for all of them. Nothing to use with a smartphone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back