Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 5, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #7,816 of 75,343
  The only problem with buying budget earbuds is that you buy much more. Do you really need 30-40 earbuds? My aim is to stick around 20 but it's hard...

Yes... but that's the beauty of earbuds - they are so easy to store - you can have like 200 in one carton box - think what real storage problem cars and motorbikes collectors must have.
  Mojito can´t be "ultra high end", because Wild Lee posted recently, that real high end buds don´t need foams, so.....  
biggrin.gif

Quote: "foam if paired with high quality earbud will do more harm than good" (VE Monk thread)

2007 - Steve Jobs - "Nobody wants a stylus."
2015 - iPad Pro with stylus (sorry - Apple Pencil)

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #7,818 of 75,343
I haven't come there yet. Still, I do buy some budget stuff even if I want to stick to high end earbuds. TY HI-Z32 is really great and I think I prefer it to original Monk, Monk+ and AuGlamour RX1. RX1 does have some of the nicest mids I've heard in a pair of earbuds, though...

The only problem with buying budget earbuds is that you buy much more. Do you really need 30-40 earbuds? My aim is to stick around 20 but it's hard...

I prefer now TY 32 over Monk and Monk+, it's personal preference and now lurking on Seahf 320v1 or TY 320m.
Hmm puzzled to try rx1.

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #7,819 of 75,343
Just some Friday fun !

Quote:
T-Music Professional DIY Earphone 3.5mm Hifi Noise Cancelling Bass In-Ear Headset With Package
http://s.aliexpress.com/FFVr2u6R
Quote:

Oh, I know how they will sound just by looking at them but...

Nice deep bass, recessed mids and slightly rolled off highs. Warm signature :p

... Bass response is EXCELLENT...
... Highs are nice and clear but not sibilant at all. Mids are nothing too amazing...

I don't know... did I get it right? :)

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #7,820 of 75,343
I prefer now TY 32 over Monk and Monk+, it's personal preference and now lurking on Seahf 320v1 or TY 320m.
Hmm puzzled to try rx1.
when i got the ty32 i prefer over the monk. Now i prefer the rx1 over ty32 and zen 2.0.

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #7,822 of 75,343

I don't know... did I get it right? :)

I think you got it bro
beerchug.gif

still using mine and no desire to use anything else. Truly great sound especially for the money. No other earbuds are seeing use except the Remaxes when I make phone calls (not for listening unless i am desperate for earbuds and travelling) and the RX-1 which I busted about to battle it off against the T-Music.

The T-Music isn't a bed for everyone. I don't think any are. i think cygnus are closest to "good for everyone" because even the monk has their haters. It's not wrong it's just how it is..

People who love both their bass and earbuds should get one of these. i do love them alot.

One note regarding the Senheiser logo on them... whereas they look nothing lke my legit MX500's (I have two) and the shells are very notably different in design. That said, I busted out an old recabled set of MX500, ran it thru a 100 ohm impedance adapter to tame the highs and allow the bass to come out more... this no question better than they previously were (bass light, sibilant, shrill) but somehow modding them a bit has made them sound closer to the T-Music sound. So I guess the mystery of why they have the Senn logo remains a mystery. That said... definitely sounds better than the Mx500 that is for sure.

I like mids but I don't love them. I hate treble but will take any bright headphone if it's not too bright to give me ear pain. Bass is of the utmost importance to me.

Just remember a true basshead isn't looking for farty muddy one note mid bass;;; that is why I would recommend these easily to bassheadds wh00 might want to have a earbud in their collection and doesn't want to amp or have to use a  phone/DAP compatible bass oriented earbud... and again even though I say bass orients, the mids are great and clear and not velied.

The SeaHf 400 had a SERIOUS veil problem i am not experiencing with these.. Even if the SeaHf can take more power and has a little more sub bass force is it really worth spending the extra $60-70 for an earbid you need to a,p?

Thanks agian @golov17 for finding these and now that they are known on head-fi I can only assume T- Music is about to get swamped with orders.

P.S. It looked to me lkike it would come with the crappy tangle nightmare that is the KZ IEMs but this cable is very lightweight and comfortable and does not tangle.

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #7,823 of 75,343
When ever i used Donut foam on any earbud, i nev got it right,
But on Mojito, whao, Donut bud doesn't come out :) Atlas, i got the combo, Hiegi Donut Foam+Mojito :)

Now i realized what i was missing with full foams with Mojito :frowning2:

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #7,825 of 75,343

When ever i used Donut foam on any earbud, i nev got it right,
But on Mojito, whao, Donut bud doesn't come out
smily_headphones1.gif
Atlas, i got the combo, Hiegi Donut Foam+Mojito
smily_headphones1.gif

Now i realized what i was missing with full foams with Mojito
frown.gif

any rubber rings?

No my ears are small, so with only one donut foam, and i am in bliss :)

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #7,826 of 75,343

well that has me convinced enough to buy them, I was considering them for the look of the cable, alone, but having earbuds that are easily driven with nice sub-bass closed the deal for me...

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #7,827 of 75,343
well that has me convinced enough to buy them, I was considering them for the look of the cable, alone, but having earbuds that are easily driven with nice sub-bass closed the deal for me...

If you get em and don't like it, it wouldn hurt to have a second second set...

Here is hoping this not a TMUSIC limited run affair affair these will continue to to made and improved upon.

PS screw Aliexpress sellers w give you a tracking numb but doesn't sh up as "accepted to China post office" more than days after your othe AE stuff arrives :frowning2: where's my remax and other rx1 and bundle of KZ;s?!

Aug 5, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #7,828 of 75,343
FYI, some measurements of buds I own. Measured on my DIY measurement rig, most probably not comparable to measurements on other systems. I am providing this to give you some visual information on differences of the buds on this very measurement system.

All measurements taken with Cygnus donut foams for better comparison.

Cygnus (blue) - Ting (yellow) - RX-1 (red):

Cygnus (blue) - Ting (yellow) :

Cygnus (blue) - RX-1 (red):

Aug 5, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #7,830 of 75,343
  How do you guys use your ty hi-z 32? Full foam? hiegi donuts? naked? other options?

I use the donuts that I got with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back