Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 5, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #7,771 of 75,343
my brother at home always building power amps and guitar amps 

maybe I can persuade him to do diy for me

buts it's hard enough to ask him to build me headphone amps

sigh..~

Aug 5, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #7,772 of 75,343
Uh, I don't know what you guys are hearing, and it might be because I'm such a basshead I always use high gain and EQ up my sub bass, but the T-Music Noise Cancelling Bass Buds (i'll call them the T-Musics from now on, lol, even though Noise Cancelling Bass is my favorite thing) has some SERIOUS bass action going on.

I am pretty surprised by its overall clarity and balance. Cygnus killer? no way.... but I would rank it near the RX-1.

Bass response is EXCELLENT. I was hoping and praying they would actually rock bass because of the name and I can promise you they do.

Their only competition is the SeaHf 400. And these can be driven by a phone and still give you that bass.

They are capable of reaching much farther in bass depth and having MUCH stronger bass impact than any other earbud I know, exception being the SeaHf 400.

Highs are nice and clear but not sibilant at all. Mids are nothing too amazing, but I don't have any complaints either, so overall they are good to me.

I forsee myself using these a LOT more. There is a bass test tone CD I love to use when I get any new set of headphones (I have listened to this CD thousands of times without a doubt) and 95% of earbuds simply can't reproduce the lowest sub bass notes. They will just go silent or at best make a faint sound of struggling to do anything. These actually pump out the sub bass power.

Compared to the RX-1 the mid bass seems to hit harder on the RX-1, and the mids are MUCH more forward on the RX-1 than the T-Music but I have to admit I like the highs of the T-Music more than the RX-1!

Don't get me wrong, the RX-1 can have huge bass, but it's mostly mid bass or influenced by the strong mids. The T-Music is a more neutral sound with  the exception of the powerful sub bass.

A sure keeper in my opinion. Very glad to have these. I forsee a lot of head time with these.

I agree completely - accurate description of sound for these good buds :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Aug 5, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #7,773 of 75,343
  my brother at home always building power amps and guitar amps 

maybe I can persuade him to do diy for me

buts it's hard enough to ask him to build me headphone amps

sigh..~

If he can do a power amp or guitar amp he can do a headphone amp.

A headphone amp is easier to build than both a power amp or a guitar amp. Well, unless it's a really crappy power amp.

I speak from experience as a longtime power amp junkie and recording musician who services his own gear...
wink.gif

IMO if you get him to make one.... do what Bengkel Macro does (@irgunawan rocks) and have both a normal headphone output and a 75 ohm output. Really nice when you have sources too powerful for earbuds.

Aug 5, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #7,777 of 75,343
Just a heads up....

The Rose Mojito's can be had with a discount now for the next few days on Aliexpress. I got it for $215 when using coupons and ordering via the phoneapp. Couldn't resist after reading through this thread for the last few days.

Aug 5, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #7,779 of 75,343
  Patiently waiting for a bud to beat the Mojito...

I only want to collect ultra high-end tbh

What is for me then ? 

What happened to not buying anymore gears
tongue.gif
?

Jokes aside, mate, as mentioned previously, I highly doubt that you can find any other earbuds which can compare with the Mojito for that specific "sound signature".
The only other real option, as again previously mentioned by others is to 

a) Go a completely different route in sound signature and get either:
   i) Zen 2.0 (Normal, Balanced, or Balck Edition)
  ii) NOS Zen 1.0
b) Go the vintage route and get the following brands:
  i) Aiwa (Most notably the Aiwa HPV-99)
 ii) Sony (Most notably the Sony MDR E-282)

Aug 5, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #7,780 of 75,343
What happened to not buying anymore gears:p ?

Jokes aside, mate, as mentioned previously, I highly doubt that you can find any other earbuds which can compare with the Mojito for that specific "sound signature".

ii) NOS Zen 1.0
or this for 316usd :wink:

Aug 5, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #7,781 of 75,343

What happened to not buying anymore gears
tongue.gif
?

ii) NOS Zen 1.0

.. or be strong, determined, breath in and out a lot... and wait for Mojito 3.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back