Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 4, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #7,757 of 75,349
Uh, I don't know what you guys are hearing, and it might be because I'm such a basshead I always use high gain and EQ up my sub bass, but the T-Music Noise Cancelling Bass Buds (i'll call them the T-Musics from now on, lol, even though Noise Cancelling Bass is my favorite thing) has some SERIOUS bass action going on.

I am pretty surprised by its overall clarity and balance. Cygnus killer? no way.... but I would rank it near the RX-1.

Bass response is EXCELLENT. I was hoping and praying they would actually rock bass because of the name and I can promise you they do.

Their only competition is the SeaHf 400. And these can be driven by a phone and still give you that bass.

They are capable of reaching much farther in bass depth and having MUCH stronger bass impact than any other earbud I know, exception being the SeaHf 400.

Highs are nice and clear but not sibilant at all. Mids are nothing too amazing, but I don't have any complaints either, so overall they are good to me.

I forsee myself using these a LOT more. There is a bass test tone CD I love to use when I get any new set of headphones (I have listened to this CD thousands of times without a doubt) and 95% of earbuds simply can't reproduce the lowest sub bass notes. They will just go silent or at best make a faint sound of struggling to do anything. These actually pump out the sub bass power.

Compared to the RX-1 the mid bass seems to hit harder on the RX-1, and the mids are MUCH more forward on the RX-1 than the T-Music but I have to admit I like the highs of the T-Music more than the RX-1!

Don't get me wrong, the RX-1 can have huge bass, but it's mostly mid bass or influenced by the strong mids. The T-Music is a more neutral sound with  the exception of the powerful sub bass.

A sure keeper in my opinion. Very glad to have these. I forsee a lot of head time with these.

Aug 4, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #7,758 of 75,349
Well rx1 is ahead of the cygnus according to clieos ranking. Again personal preference. No right no wrong.

Aug 4, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #7,759 of 75,349
hmm, the T-Music's have made an ugly electric pulse sound quite a few times now. Might have to let them burn in overnight and see if they still work tomorrow...

@golov17 have you got this "popping" sound on yours?

My mistake. The T Musics are fine.

Aug 4, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #7,760 of 75,349
  hmm, the T-Music's have made an ugly electric pulse sound quite a few times now. Might have to let them burn in overnight and see if they still work tomorrow...

@golov17 have you got this "popping" sound on yours?

Is that something similar to a blown driver? You can check here the problem testing some low frequencies, this generally occurs with bad drivers, some hair/dust or excessive gain with EQ at low frequencies. But... I hope that isn't your case!

Aug 4, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #7,761 of 75,349

Is that something similar to a blown driver? You can check here the problem testing some low frequencies, this generally occurs with bad drivers, some hair/dust or excessive gain with EQ at low frequencies. But... I hope that isn't your case!

It ended up being a little too much bass boosting. Sometimes I forget not everything can take +32dB of sub 50hz.

Aug 4, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #7,762 of 75,349

It ended up being a little too much bass boosting. Sometimes I forget not everything can take +32dB of sub 50hz.

Wow! +32dB is too much IMO for an earbud, from The Art of Equalization:

Remember, a lot of boost at the extreme low end can route excessive infrasonic energy to the loudspeakers, which could damage them. Similarly, too much ultrasonic content can damage tweeters and overload the tape deck. 

If you're using a low-shelf filter for bass it can reach inaudible frequencies like <10Hz but your amp can work with those frequencies and the driver could damage with that extra energy. 

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #7,764 of 75,349
Mojitos and RX-1 incoming. Endgame city I hope!

Aug 5, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #7,768 of 75,349

I do not believe those are official MusicMaker Earbuds, as I do not see them on their official Taobao page:  https://musicmaker.world.taobao.com/

I juts visit that taobao link, seems they also selling individual drivers.. interesting

anybody build diy earbud from scratch here? I guess in china forum theres loads of info but sadly I can't read chinese 

edit

oh it seems from the diameter its for headphones? 

Aug 5, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #7,769 of 75,349
  I juts visit that taobao link, seems they also selling individual drivers.. interesting

anybody build diy earbud from scratch here? I guess in china forum theres loads of info but sadly I can't read chinese 

They also have a nice collection of Wires as well: 

Aug 5, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #7,770 of 75,349

edit

oh it seems from the diameter its for headphones? 

I laughed out loud that one was labeled HD800.

But seriously I would love to get my hands on a bunch of these and empty shells and throw together my own buds. I always wanted to learn how driver tuning works.

@rggz I have been known to blow speakers out from overbassing. The only earbud I ever killed with bass EQ is the Hifiman ES100. I also ruined a Peavey PA once at a show. That's a very unrelated story though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back