Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 12, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #70,201 of 75,625
DUNU ALPHA 3 Earbud
  • 14.2mm dynamic driver
  • Stainless steel shell
  • Aluminum alloy stem
  • Stealth acoustic cavity open system
  • High-purity single crystal copper silver-plated Litz wire
  • 3.5mm single-ended price: 399 yuan (~US$ 55)
  • 4.4mm balanced price: 419 yuan (~US$ 60)
  • June 15 release date

dunup2.jpg
The lettering/patterns on the matte finish looks so dope.

Jun 12, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #70,202 of 75,625
I found this company called Japan Dics when I was looking at headphone cables at e-earphones.jp. When I saw their website they had a picture of earbuds in their product page, but I couldn't find any links to where they were sold. Anyone know anything about them?

1686612420348.png

Edit: This was the link in the product email I got. Small size tips LOL XD

1686612678860.png

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #70,203 of 75,625
Jun 12, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #70,204 of 75,625
e-earphones.jp でヘッドホンケーブルを見ていたら、ジャパンディックスという会社を見つけました。同社の Web サイトを見ると、製品ページにイヤホンの写真が掲載されていましたが、販売場所へのリンクが見つかりませんでした。彼らについて何か知っている人はいますか?

編集: これは、私が受け取った製品メール内のリンクでした。小さいサイズのヒント (笑) XD

They manufacture products. And they also write that they are in the business of procurement. I wonder if earphones are in one of those categories.

Jun 12, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #70,205 of 75,625
Indeed I am too very much looking forward to the FF5 as it is rumored that FiiO has solved some of the fatigue and timbre issues exhibited by the EM5. Even more importantly the FF5 is supposed to be tuned as an all-rounder. Hoping that these rumors are true in all regards and keeping my fingers double crossed for FiiO that there are no QA/QC issues like they had with the EM5. FiiO has had some really stellar products in the past and generally treat their customers extremely well so I think they deserve some good fortune in regards to the FF5.

The FiiO EM5 is a nicely performing and great sounding earbud but they have had some concerning QA/QC issues which do seem to have been fully rectified by FiiO (FiiO is actually very good at responding to such problems so not surprised if they have been fully solved and corrected). The FiiO EM5, like the Moondrop Chaconne, is not an all-rounder per se but rather a one or two-trick pony. It is wonderful for specific music genres and/or preference'd signature tastes but will fail miserably for all-use purposes. It is most definitely a nice accompanying earbud to have in your collection for specific roles. Also, those hyper-sensitive to certain peaks in the upper midrange and treble may find the EM5 fatiguing as it may exhibit some "bright" and "aggressive" secondary sound characteristics especially with longer listening sessions and with specific music genres and certain recordings. I really liked them though but personally found them quite fatiguing and a little lacking in timbre compared to some other God-Tier models.

i have fiio ff3, ff5, and em5. and they all seem to need the foam tips on to help fix their default sound signatures. also needing some EQ from there afterwards as well

the foam tips seem to increase bass and reduce treble alot. which they need. so if using them without the foam tips you will have to eq up the bass and down the treble alot.

but either way good sound can he had just by playing with the eq enough

at least these models have the bass ports so we can actually get bass and sub bass from these classic style earbuds unlike other brands.

the open back ff5 definitely has wider soundstage. I run the closed backs ff3 and em5 with a 13% simulated sound stage increase to help simulate a wider soundstage

so the ff5 will sound better in quiet environments but worse in loud environments

ive also had problems with ESD static shocks. especially on the chrome ff3 with no foams. but spraying clothes with water + fabric softener mixture the night before fixes it

main benefit of these 3 earbuds are:
1- you can get good bass with a classic style earbud
2- because there is no rubber plug there is no cord banging noise therefore the cord does not have to run over the ear
3- because there is no rubber seal you are connected to the environment more. you can talk to poeple or hear things without having to remove them

the shiny chrome ff3 have a fancy bling look to them., especially with no foams. but are heavier and colder then the resin em5's

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #70,206 of 75,625
i have fiio ff3, ff5, and em5. and they all seem to need the foam tips on to help fix their default sound signatures. also needing some EQ from there afterwards as well

the foam tips seem to increase bass and reduce treble alot. which they need. so if using them without the foam tips you will have to eq up the bass and down the treble alot.

but either way good sound can he had just by playing with the eq enough

at least these models have the bass ports so we can actually get bass and sub bass from these classic style earbuds unlike other brands.

the open back ff5 definitely has wider soundstage. I run the closed backs ff3 and em5 with a 13% simulated sound stage increase to help simulate a wider soundstage

so the ff5 will sound better in quiet environments but worse in loud environments

ive also had problems with ESD static shocks. especially on the chrome ff3 with no foams. but spraying clothes with water + fabric softener mixture the night before fixes it

main benefit of these 3 earbuds are:
1- you can get good bass with a classic style earbud
2- because there is no rubber plug there is no cord banging noise therefore the cord does not have to run over the ear
3- because there is no rubber seal you are connected to the environment more. you can talk to poeple or hear things without having to remove them

the shiny chrome ff3 have a fancy bling look to them., especially with no foams. but are heavier and colder then the resin em5's
Welcome to the thread if you haven't been here before. Welcome back if you have :) If you have those 3 buds, you are definitely in the right place.

First time I've ever heard of ESD static shocks for the FF3. Calgary is a pretty dry place, though, so it makes sense that those things would pop up.

Jun 13, 2023 at 12:34 AM Post #70,207 of 75,625
Welcome to the thread if you haven't been here before. Welcome back if you have :) If you have those 3 buds, you are definitely in the right place.

First time I've ever heard of ESD static shocks for the FF3. Calgary is a pretty dry place, though, so it makes sense that those things would pop up.

it actually blew out the left side where the big shocks were happening

and i think it might have messed up my ap80 player too, im having some bugs with it now

so like 400$ in damage

but i got warranty on the buds and just ordered a new ap80 pro-x, so i will try the 2.5 balanced port with the em5's

Jun 13, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #70,208 of 75,625

My FF3 shocks my left ears sometimes when I use it at my desk with a desktop amp 💀

Jun 13, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #70,209 of 75,625
it actually blew out the left side where the big shocks were happening

and i think it might have messed up my ap80 player too, im having some bugs with it now

so like 400$ in damage

but i got warranty on the buds and just ordered a new ap80 pro-x, so i will try the 2.5 balanced port with the em5's
Eep. Static is nasty. I'm going to spend a few weeks in Arizona soon, so I guess I won't bring my FF3's.

Jun 13, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #70,211 of 75,625
My FF3 shocks my left ears sometimes when I use it at my desk with a desktop amp 💀
Eep. Static is nasty. I'm going to spend a few weeks in Arizona soon, so I guess I won't bring my FF3's.

putting the foam tips on does reduce esd static shocks some

em5's have less shocks then ff3 or ff5 due to being resin not metal

wearing baggier clothes creates more static. but the main thing for me was spraying clothes with 20% unscented fabric softener + 80% water mixture in a spray bottle every night

also at home maybe using a humidifier or swamp cooler in summer might help spread electrons out more in the room

the static shocks can eventually ruin the buds and whatever they are connected to

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #70,212 of 75,625
putting the foam tips on does reduce esd static shocks some

em5's have less shocks then ff3 or ff5 due to being resin not metal

wearing baggier clothes creates more static. but the main thing for me was spraying clothes with 20% unscented fabric softener + 80% water mixture in a spray bottle every night

also at home maybe using a humidifier or swamp cooler in summer might help spread electrons out more in the room

the static shocks can eventually ruin the buds and whatever they are connected to
So living in Florida USA with 80 percent humidity finally has an advantage 😂

Jun 13, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #70,215 of 75,625
My first RikuBuds has arrived, only tested a few songs so impressions can come later. But yeah its L- shaped sound with good bass to be earbud.

DSCF2621 1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back