Earbuds Round-Up
May 1, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #69,587 of 75,654
Now I need a reliable seller on AliExpress.
I sent a message to Jim from NiceHck, they will have them in stock soon.
The 2 others sellers : one doesn't seem that reliable, the other sells them 45 Euros dearer with fast shipping I don't need...
Where did you get yours ?
RW-3000 at VS Audio Store. Both myself and @samandhi got ours from VS Audio Store.

May 1, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #69,589 of 75,654
I got my RW-2000 at VS Audio Store (and have purchased other items from them), and I bought the RW-3000 at the NiceHCK store. Both are reliable (in my experience).

I got my RW-2000s at VS and my RW-3000s at NiceHCK. Both are totally legit, IME.

May 1, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #69,590 of 75,654
Got a little bored and decided to revisit my first earbud CAD model. Who knows where this is going to go! Basically the Val39 used in some known buds. No plans to make this public however. Need to work some things out!

mx500_2023-May-01_11-11-29PM-000_CustomizedView30856238933.png

May 1, 2023 at 7:37 PM Post #69,591 of 75,654
RW-3000 at VS Audio Store. Both myself and @samandhi got ours from VS Audio Store.

I got my RW-2000 at VS Audio Store (and have purchased other items from them), and I bought the RW-3000 at the NiceHCK store. Both are reliable (in my experience).

I got my RW-2000s at VS and my RW-3000s at NiceHCK. Both are totally legit, IME.

Good to hear that VS store is legit!

Some stores on AliExpress rate badly on apps, since they don't fit the usual profile (eg. Audiosense Official Store). Particularly small boutique stores, since they tend to get very good feedback and have smaller sales volumes. As these are the only sources for some specialty items, it's good to have feedback from people actually using them. Happens when stores are rebranding too. Tin Hifi Official Store ran some very good specials on startup!:ksc75smile:

May 2, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #69,592 of 75,654
Good to hear that VS store is legit!

Some stores on AliExpress rate badly on apps, since they don't fit the usual profile (eg. Audiosense Official Store). Particularly small boutique stores, since they tend to get very good feedback and have smaller sales volumes. As these are the only sources for some specialty items, it's good to have feedback from people actually using them. Happens when stores are rebranding too. Tin Hifi Official Store ran some very good specials on startup!:ksc75smile:
I can second what everyone else has said - VS Store is not only legit but also very helpful - got both the RW2000 & RW3000 from there as well as some other buds.

May 2, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #69,593 of 75,654
I want to buy a Yincrow rw-3000 or a ksearphone bell-ti plus when they become cheaper in bargain sales, but which has better sound quality?
I have a Yincrow rw-2000 and a ksearphone bell-ti onmyoji, , the respective old flagship models. And the onmyoji has a relatively preferred sound than rw-2000 but the bell-ti plus is very expensive...

If you have a rw-3000 or a bell-ti plus or both, please give me your opinion!

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #69,594 of 75,654
is there a tip that acts like AirPods regular that focuses sound into a bore?
You can get them on AE but it will be an experiment at best as to whether they sound good or not. Most buds aren't tuned to be heard in this manner, and you may or may not like them. I tried it with a couple sets and really didn't like them at all. But, as usual YMMV.
RW-3000 at VS Audio Store. Both myself and @samandhi got ours from VS Audio Store
Yes, I have ordered quite a few things from the VS store and I have yet to have any issues. With AE, sometimes you just have to take a chance because I have have good experiences with poorly rated stores and bad experiences with well rated stores. Of course it is sometimes a crap shoot either way IMO.
I want to buy a Yincrow rw-3000 or a ksearphone bell-ti plus when they become cheaper in bargain sales, but which has better sound quality?
I have a Yincrow rw-2000 and a ksearphone bell-ti onmyoji, and the onmyoji has a relatively better sound than the bell-ti plus, but the bell-ti plus is more expensive...

If you have a rw-3000 or a bell-ti plus or both, please give me your opinion!
I can't speak for any of the Bells because I haven't heard any of them.

The RW3000 are TOTL in sound quality. But it is hard to say it would sound better because that is purely subjective. At that point it will come down to if the tuning sounds best to you. Having said that, the RW3000 do nothing wrong, and if they align to your preferences, you won't find better. Sorry for sounding sort of vague.

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #69,595 of 75,654
Dailymusic PipeBud-SB, from South Korea.

Another artisan earbud maker. I simply love to get these kind of earbuds. Fully handmade - not just the tuning, even the unique shells are completely made by himself from epoxy and resin.

The sound is warm and smooth. Midbass has a distinct emphasis, on the verge of boominess, but never invasive. Subbass presence is substantial too, moving a nice bit of air.

Midrange is clear and smooth with a nice bit of crispness. Lower mid is full and organic, upper mid is energetic but within control. It is musical but not smothered.

Treble has sufficient energy but the notes have smoothened edges. The region is distinctly present yet not piercing. Definitely not dark.

Stage is BIG, with very nice depth. Separation is quite nice with lots of air between notes. Imaging is simply delightful.

All things considered, these are bang for the $80 that I paid. Both visually AND sonically pleasing, the PipeBud-SB provide a nice fun and relaxing sound.

https://instagram.com/daeil_lee_music?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

20230502_151812.jpg

20230502_150632.jpg

20230502_150520.jpg

May 2, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #69,597 of 75,654
May 2, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #69,598 of 75,654
Dailymusic PipeBud-SB, from South Korea.

Another artisan earbud maker. I simply love to get these kind of earbuds. Fully handmade - not just the tuning, even the unique shells are completely made by himself from epoxy and resin.

The sound is warm and smooth. Midbass has a distinct emphasis, on the verge of boominess, but never invasive. Subbass presence is substantial too, moving a nice bit of air.

Midrange is clear and smooth with a nice bit of crispness. Lower mid is full and organic, upper mid is energetic but within control. It is musical but not smothered.

Treble has sufficient energy but the notes have smoothened edges. The region is distinctly present yet not piercing. Definitely not dark.

Stage is BIG, with very nice depth. Separation is quite nice with lots of air between notes. Imaging is simply delightful.

All things considered, these are bang for the $80 that I paid. Both visually AND sonically pleasing, the PipeBud-SB provide a nice fun and relaxing sound.

https://instagram.com/daeil_lee_music?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

20230502_151812.jpg

20230502_150632.jpg

20230502_150520.jpg
Looks quite unique man.

May 2, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #69,599 of 75,654
Another thing! I wanted to play around with Bell shaped shells myself, adjust around fit and play with venting in my own design. I happened to come across the conclusion that yes, bells are flawed for sound. Even with some of my best drivers I own, they all do the same thing of bass becoming thin and weak. I'm sure you guys already know that as well. However, vocals are pushed because of this, making them a great focus of the sound and I actually really enjoy that. I used a Bery 130, various LCP speakers and so, but these are definitely a flavoured pair of buds. I also have to mention, depending on your ears, these fit me incredibly well! Like much better than an mx500. So I guess not all is lost after all.
DSC_00862.jpg
DSC_00772.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004326067676.html? Speakers used in this model which Ive tuned around this shell I designed.

May 2, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #69,600 of 75,654
Another thing! I wanted to play around with Bell shaped shells myself, adjust around fit and play with venting in my own design. I happened to come across the conclusion that yes, bells are flawed for sound. Even with some of my best drivers I own, they all do the same thing of bass becoming thin and weak. I'm sure you guys already know that as well. However, vocals are pushed because of this, making them a great focus of the sound and I actually really enjoy that. I used a Bery 130, various LCP speakers and so, but these are definitely a flavoured pair of buds. I also have to mention, depending on your ears, these fit me incredibly well! Like much better than an mx500. So I guess not all is lost after all.
DSC_00862.jpgDSC_00772.jpg
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004326067676.html? Speakers used in this model which Ive tuned around this shell I designed.
Will these be available to order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back