Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 5, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #60,466 of 75,853
Shouldn’t that be a “Debby Downer”? Oh wait, I think that was the sequel to the famous “Debbie” movie from the 70s. down chicka brown cow, or is it bow chicka wow wow?
Lol! Yeah prolly should have been.

I think it depends on the person asked, and how much weed mood altering substances have been partaken of at that time. :sunglasses:

But I thought it was "brown chicken, brown cow"?! And I thought that was every adult movie from the 70s?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 5, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #60,467 of 75,853
Get your minds out of the gutter... Here's some real 'pron'...

Shanling M3X - FiiO EM5.jpg

Mar 6, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #60,468 of 75,853
Mar 6, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #60,469 of 75,853
Mar 6, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #60,470 of 75,853
Last edited:
Mar 6, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #60,471 of 75,853
Are the Qian39 considered to be PK-style shells? I don't personally find the Q39 all that compelling from a sound POV, but dang, they fit me so nicely. I need to at least try to find higher end buds (mostly interested in top-notch build quality, tbh) that would fit me like the Q39.

My use case for earbuds: 50% Youtube video or Netflix; 45% video conference calls; 5% music. So, I am an oddball as music listening is the least of my needs for earbuds, **though that may change in the near term if I can't get my ear issues sorted (preventing IEM use**

Mar 6, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #60,472 of 75,853
Or if you use Neutron, you can just do a search for those buds in the app and automatically apply the "auto EQ ". Wait, can't you also search for those buds in Wavelet and import the settings that way too? Just curious, because I can't install wavelet on my DX300.

Hey Sam, thanks! Is that a custom EQ or built-in AutoEQ Harman correction EQ? I like messing around with AutoEQ. I'm thinking it's your own custom EQ because AutoEQ is mainly IEMs and headphones, not buds. Well, I didn't look for EM5s in AutoEQ.

Edit: OK, found your thread Earbud target curve tests, nice work you did there. 👍
Ah IC. I digress.

Mar 6, 2022 at 2:33 AM Post #60,473 of 75,853
Are the Qian39 considered to be PK-style shells? I don't personally find the Q39 all that compelling from a sound POV, but dang, they fit me so nicely. I need to at least try to find higher end buds (mostly interested in top-notch build quality, tbh) that would fit me like the Q39.

My use case for earbuds: 50% Youtube video or Netflix; 45% video conference calls; 5% music. So, I am an oddball as music listening is the least of my needs for earbuds, **though that may change in the near term if I can't get my ear issues sorted (preventing IEM use**
No, although mistaken as being a MX500 or even PK styled shell they are considered a Type IV Other Variant. Similar to the Qian39 are the VE Zen LL/Lite, VE Monk Lite, and Edifier H180.

Mar 6, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #60,474 of 75,853

@ValSuki has a 3d printed shell that fits like the qian39, consider getting a DIY bud from him.

Mar 6, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #60,476 of 75,853
Hello guys, i need some recommendation here.
its been a long time since i am reading post here.

Which good earbud that is worth to buy for now?(2019-2022 thing is okay) since i never bought any earbud since 2018.

For preference, i Like great separation and detail with good soundstage wide and depth, i like my Old Mojito, but i found it to peaky in high section, and i love MX985 too.

Any suggestion? I ve been eyeing Yincrow RW2000, DQSM PT21, is it a step up from mojito?

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #60,478 of 75,853
Hello guys, i need some recommendation here.
its been a long time since i am reading post here.

Which good earbud that is worth to buy for now?(2019-2022 thing is okay) since i never bought any earbud since 2018.

For preference, i Like great separation and detail with good soundstage wide and depth, i like my Old Mojito, but i found it to peaky in high section, and i love MX985 too.

Any suggestion? I ve been eyeing Yincrow RW2000, DQSM PT21, is it a step up from mojito?
A few others to consider would be the Rose Technics Martini, MoonDrop Chaconne 夏空, and the reissued Shozy 大黑 Big Black (BK) Stardust. But without knowing your budget and few other key preferences it will be hard for us to provide good recommendations.

'THE CHECKLIST' FOR EARBUD RECOMMENDATION REQUESTS
For those looking for a flathead-earbud recommendation from the Earbuds Round-Up thread gang, the following data is extremely helpful:
  • source (Smartphone, DAC, AMP, DAP, PC, Streamer, etc.)
  • preferred connection (termination type e.g. 3.5TRS, 4.4TRRS, 2.5TRRS; single-ended vs balanced)
  • listening level & session length (volume level and for how long?)
  • listening environment (mobile, office, home desktop, home listening room, etc.)
  • preferred sound signature (bright, dark, warm, aggressive, bassy, neutral, balanced, L/U/V/W-shaped)
  • preferred music genre (rock/pop, metal, classical, OST, hip-hop, R&B, EDM, podcasts, audiobooks, etc.)
  • preferred shell and cushion type (please see here and here)
  • preferred brand (only applicable if you are asking for a model recommendation within a single brand)
  • budget (what are you willing/looking to spend? e.g. price range)
  • special need and/or consideration (e.g. mic/no mic?; fixed cable or mmcx?)

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #60,479 of 75,853
Have any smaller-eared people tried the Linkbuds? Really curious about them but the only couple of sellers I could see (I'm in Canada) don't take returns on such things.

The only buds I can wear for any amount of time are smaller ones like the Monk Lite, Qian39 or Smabat M1 Pro (MX500-type shells and the Apple side-ported type ones are a no go). I also can't do on-ear headphones which is probably also a bad indication for how the Linkbuds fit and hold. (I can't do Koss Portapros but can use KSC75 all day).

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back