Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 4, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #60,436 of 75,478
Still in my R/D phase when it comes to other lineups/drivers, but at least I have one model I am putting my name on atm.

Still looking for that Moondrop Chaconne alternative/upgrade and another one with more balanced/w-shaped tonality (at least that is the plan atm).

But I do want to ask, how many of you guys would be interested in my buds? So I have an idea on how many drivers I need to order at least...
(particularly the Yincrow X6 upgrade.)
If the end result a x6-ish tuned earbud, put me down for 2 or 3

Mar 4, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #60,438 of 75,478
Fantastic! Glad they worked for you as well as they do for me. I don't know if you noticed, but the ear-hook part is semi-adjustable, and will stay how you adjust them (for the most part)?!
I did. You know these are radically more comfortable that shark fins. I can wear them for hours without an issue.

Mar 4, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #60,440 of 75,478
Sennheiser Omx 90

It's the earbuds that sell almost every earbud I've used, in my opinion it's a miniaturized hd800.

Attachments

• 20201116_070257.jpg
    20201116_070257.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Mar 4, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #60,441 of 75,478
Last edited:
Mar 4, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #60,442 of 75,478
My own DIY model. :wink:
I’ve got to be honest with you: nearly every bud I’ve built has actually even an improvement over an X6 and I’ve built a couple dozen with over a dozen drivers that have had multiple tunings each before reaching anything final. Changes verified with quality, realistic measurements all along the way. I think you’ll find as you do more of this that the bar of an X6 upgrade is pretty easy to achieve. I was enamored with my first couple sets as well, but you’ll see, you can get better over time.

Mar 4, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #60,444 of 75,478
I’ve got to be honest with you: nearly every bud I’ve built has actually even an improvement over an X6 and I’ve built a couple dozen with over a dozen drivers that have had multiple tunings each before reaching anything final. Changes verified with quality, realistic measurements all along the way. I think you’ll find as you do more of this that the bar of an X6 upgrade is pretty easy to achieve. I was enamored with my first couple sets as well, but you’ll see, you can get better over time.
I don't know why are you still talking about X6 "true upgrade". It's pointless :wink:
People who are in DIY hobby for a long time know that there are a lot of drivers which sound excellent (stock or retuned) which are not only the better but cheaper than X6.
I don't say it's bad, but again, why do you think that X6 have such value to be the reference?

Mar 4, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #60,445 of 75,478
I don't know why are you still talking about X6 "true upgrade". It's pointless :wink:
People who are in DIY hobby for a long time know that there are a lot of drivers which sound excellent (stock or retuned) which are not only the better but cheaper than X6.
I don't say it's bad, but again, why do you think that X6 have such value to be the reference?

@RikudouGoku started it lol!

Well guys, how many of you want the true upgrade to the Yincrow X6? :fire:

(And no, its not the PEQed LBBS.)

Mar 4, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #60,446 of 75,478
Absolutely agree @furyossa! I was just responding to @RikudouGoku. The value the X6 (same as Vido) has is that many people own them and they make a good reference point: like the LBBs. I wouldn’t consider any of these very highly, though not bad for the money as far as prebuilts go. They are the gateway drug that gets people excited about earbuds because they are cheap and popular, but they are easily outdone in the DIY world. I’d say they are handily beaten by other low cost prebuilt buds as well. Nonetheless, they are a common reference point. They are like the HD650 of the buds world, but not as good.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #60,448 of 75,478
Absolutely agree @furyossa! I was just responding to @RikudouGoku. The value the X6 (same as Vido) has is that many people own them and they make a good reference point: like the LBBs. I wouldn’t consider any of these very highly, though not bad for the money as far as prebuilts go. They are the gateway drug that gets people excited about earbuds because they are cheap and popular, but they are easily outdone in the DIY world. I’d say they are handily beaten by other low cost prebuilt buds as well. Nonetheless, they are a common reference point. They are like the HD650 of the buds world, but not as good.
What got me excited (again) for earbuds was seeing an old set of Senn's on the DX300 thread and pulling out my OG Apple earbuds (the ones that came with the iPod Photo) and listening to them. :)

Mar 4, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #60,450 of 75,478
I want a set of OG Senns, but pricing is Bob Marley, Snoop Dogg, and Willy Nelson all rolled into one high.
OK! I literally almost snotted my pop out of my nose because I was taking a drink when I read this... Good one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back