Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 13, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #59,326 of 75,148
hmm the viridis seems interesting now.
what about the cheaper rose's like masya?
Although the Mojito, Masya, and Masya 2 (aka Masya Pro) are/were all great buds in their time, just like the Svara-Smabat series they should be viewed as a chronological work-in-progress with the Maria I & II being definitely the better (newer, improved) versions of the Rose house sound.

Dec 13, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #59,328 of 75,148
Welcome to the rabbit hole!

The Yincrow RW-3000 is so new that it may take some time to get recommendations (reviews) on this one... thus far it is looking (sounding) very promising from the few who have heard it you believe it is an improvement of the RW-2000 though the high price tag is of concern. The PD21 is a banned brand on Head-Fi so doubtful you will get much feedback on that one either (surprised the brand name was redacted in your post... you might consider removing it as the Admins/Mods may remove the post... which does lead me to wonder if this brand is in fact still banned or not).

Though your signature does help some... will this be for both mobile and desktop use?

If you desire more in-depth earbud recommendations the following data is usually extremely helpful for us:
  • source (using a DAC/AMP/DAP/PC/smartphone/streamer; audio file type including bit & sample rate)
  • preferred connection (termination type e.g. 3.5SE/4.4TRRS/2.5mm; single-end vs balanced; mic/no mic)
  • listening level & time (volume, and for how long?)
  • listening environment (mobile/office desk/home desktop/listening room)
  • preferred sound signature (bright; flat/neutral; balanced/natural/smooth; dark/warm; extra bass/bassy; L/U/V-shaped)
  • preferred genre (rock, heavy metal, pop, classical, OST, hip-hop, R&B, Korean-Pop, EDM, podcasts, audiobooks, etc.)
  • preferred shell type (depends on your ears and personal comfort; please see here)
  • preferred brand (applicable if asking for a specific model recommendation within a single brand family)
  • price range (probably the most important; what are you willing/looking to spend?)
  • any special need, consideration, and/or request
Thank you for your help! I edited my original post to remove the offending brand and to add some more info.

Dec 14, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #59,329 of 75,148
Personally, I have the same issue. Mostly I'm looking to move overseas soon enough, and can't just haul a collection of headphones in my luggage. My whole earbud collection (8+) can be packed in my pockets.

The comparison of earbuds to headphones, I'd say earbuds get you better value and performance under the $300 range--where earbuds hit the ceiling for TOTL tuning.

But if travel friendly is your focus, there's IEMs as well. I think IEMs smash earbuds in detail retrieval in specific price brackets due to the design limitations of earbuds. But then earbuds smash IEMs in terms of comfort, soundstage, layering, and timbre.

It all just depends on your personal preferences and tastes. Me, personally, I'm not a detail chaser. I like comfort and sound presentation, and earbuds just add on that special uniqueness with different drivers, tuning, and DIY options.
Could not agree more ! I used to despite earbuds due to its loose fit, however after using Monk Plus and LBBs, I found them more comfortable and less intrusion to my ear drum in comparison to IEMs. I only have collected 4+ earbuds so far, but looks like my earbuds journey is still a long way haha

Dec 14, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #59,330 of 75,148
(surprised the brand name was not redacted in your post... you might consider removing it as the Admins/Mods may remove your post... which does lead me to wonder if this brand is in fact still banned or not :thinking:).
now I understand a lot of things... first of all the strange names on your earbuds listings! :scream::smiley:

is it possible to knnow why certain brands are banned? (although we can still read their names here and there in the forum?)

Dec 14, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #59,331 of 75,148
Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #59,332 of 75,148
A week ago I started to use my TC300 with double cushions. I was using with one cushion which I sewed them for prevent them from dropping. Sound changed in a good way when I started to use them with double cushion. First of all, the sound signature is not flat anymore yet mids became fuller. You can find it a little bit muffled in first days but you will get used to it or you can reduce Bass since mid-bass kills other parts of EQ. I have done it on my iPod via Rockbox Bass menu, took it down to fully 12. Unfortunately treble gone away (maybe this method will work better with TC200). I took 1 on my iPod Rockbox Treble settings and it become something 'open'. It was more center-focused now I can feel the sides. Mono to Stereo! If you are using at home, keep using them with one cushion since it is already silent place but if you are using them at outside, you should use them with double cushion which seals much better and it is a good deal to lose trebles. Better coverage, fuller mids, stereo sound!

EDIT : Oh, by the way, if you are going to sew it like me, don't sew them with streching out, sew them from the most outer line to keep them puffy as much as they can. After losing my pads couple of times with my MX series, I started to sew them like this and problem solved. LOL

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #59,334 of 75,148
Took the second foam out from the left one to make it visible clearly :

20211214_203604.jpg

After sewing it around like this, give it a strong tie for two times then cut the excess rope. Be sure to sew it from the most outer line to keep the foams puffy! If you don't and sew it from the inner sides with streching, you will feel like you are not using foam, thin sound, no coverage, slipping problems. This is only for preventing them from falling in your pocket, bag or even while taking out from your ear. (Anybody, is this familiar?)

--------------

Also another tip, if you are having problems of slipping at one ear, you can shorten the wire of unslipping side with twist ties wire which very common in my country :

20211214_204532.jpg

The side does not slipping won't slip anyway so you are taking the heavy-ness from the one slips. You are not damaging the cable, just twisting the thing to make it sit like that. You can use pliers to twist it more, then cut the excess part to make it look more 'not eye-catching".

The thing I am talking about (I don't know the name, we are using for food packages etc.) :

bc6844e78e1629b5d5c8147ce6e1bae95605c116_original.jpeg

Double cushion doubles the goodness. (More proven unslipping haha)

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #59,335 of 75,148
Hello everyone,
Just received today a pair of Newbsound 32Pro. I am listening today right now while working.
I'll make a full review later but my first impressions are extremely positive. I own some quite good earbuds (Astrotec Lyra Nature, Ksearphone Bell LBBS, Shozy BK) and a lot of good entry level (EMX500, Yincrow X6, etc.) and the 32Pro are among my favorites, maybe my favorites (time will tell).

Extremely musical buds, very smooth but with good bass and they still pack a good level of clarity and energy. Warm earbuds without being muddy. I find the same type of qualities than the Shozy BK (smooth, a bit warm, non fatiguing but punchy enough and detailed on complex music). I still have to compare them but i think the 32Pro are more refined.

For now, the complete very well with the LBBS (more analytical and insanely resolving for earbuds).

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #59,336 of 75,148
Took the second foam out from the left one to make it visible clearly :

20211214_203604.jpg

After sewing it around like this, give it a strong tie for two times then cut the excess rope. Be sure to sew it from the most outer line to keep the foams puffy! If you don't and sew it from the inner sides with streching, you will feel like you are not using foam, thin sound, no coverage, slipping problems. This is only for preventing them from falling in your pocket, bag or even while taking out from your ear. (Anybody, is this familiar?)

--------------

Also another tip, if you are having problems of slipping at one ear, you can shorten the wire of unslipping side with twist ties wire which very common in my country :

20211214_204532.jpg

The side does not slipping won't slip anyway so you are taking the heavy-ness from the one slips. You are not damaging the cable, just twisting the thing to make it sit like that. You can use pliers to twist it more, then cut the excess part to make it look more 'not eye-catching".

The thing I am talking about (I don't know the name, we are using for food packages etc.) :

bc6844e78e1629b5d5c8147ce6e1bae95605c116_original.jpeg

Double cushion doubles the goodness. (More proven unslipping haha)
wow, nice work! love the obvious commitment to the hobby.

Dec 14, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #59,337 of 75,148
That's an exceedingly hard question to answer. If you're thinking of buying one over the other, I'd would get both the headphone you're considering and a sub $50 earbud. You can experience plenty of the uniqueness of earbuds in the under $50 range.

I lack the patience and the detailed observational power that someone like @RikudouGoku possesses to compare TOTL earbuds with equivalently priced headphones. They really are different animals

.IMG_0398.jpg

Dec 14, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #59,338 of 75,148
I bought Rose Maria as upgrade to Rose Masya (mk2), as Masya had become one of my top favorite earphone. Masya has bright but very smooth signature, with spacious soundstage width and depth, and quite decent bass extension for earbud. Maria is clear upgrade to my ears as could be expected, except not quite as smooth sounding as Masya (although it could get smoother with burn-in). Maria has wider and deeper soundstage, imaging and layering are much better. Masya has slight veil in midrange which Maria doesn't have at all. Treble extension is rather similiar in both Masya and Maria, but Maria has some kind of emphasis in upper midrange which makes Maria brighter sounding. I quite like it, and don't find it too bright at all. Bass is simply amazing for earbud, and actually reminds more of open back headphone than earbud. Bass goes very low and it's really punchy and clean (but good seal needed). If Masya's sound was like half way between earbuds and headphones, Maria is very close to headphone experience in earbud form. Very good!

Fit is a bit more fiddly business on Maria. Maria shell is obiviosly heavier than Masya, and nozzle part is slightly narrower on Maria. Single foam isn't enough to get decent seal. Double foam, or rubber ring + foam works best for me. Decent seal is essential to get best bass performance. Shirt clip also helps to keep them in place, although there isn't one included in the box, but who head-fier wouldn't have several of them lying around! I see Maria II has addressed this fit problem by offering version with a larger nozzle. Also worth to mention that Maria uses same 0.75mm 2 pin connectors as Masya since cables are interchangeable between them. I've seen some specs mention 0.78mm connectors which isn't true for Maria.

Didn't know that about the pin spacing for the Maria. It's definitely .78mm for the Maria II.

Dec 14, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #59,340 of 75,148
@irv003 how is the synergy of the Newbsound 32 pro with the TRI TK2? Would you know how Moondrop Liebesleid/ Chaconne and K's LBBS sound on it? I saw your Instagram and am quite curious about it
I don't have the Moondrop Liebesleid/ Chaconne. I only tested the LBBs & 32pro and both sounds good with it. TK2 is warm and smooth, synergize well with LBBs.

Attachments

• 488CBD91-9230-4B92-B91C-00CEF12EE08D.jpeg
    488CBD91-9230-4B92-B91C-00CEF12EE08D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back