Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 28, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #29,656 of 63,834
I like the black more, but It may be that the silver one is better...May I go with the latter?

Either one is fine. My silver TRN has not turned green, but I haven't used it yet.

Just to be clear
I have a KZ silver upgrade that hasn't turned green because I haven't used it and I have a KZ silver upgrade that has turned green because I have used it. Both KZ cables are eighteen months old. I believe the oxidation process accelerates as the cable is used (as the cable bends oxygen permeates the acrylic coating and the copper wiring reacts).

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #29,657 of 63,834
Either one is fine. My silver TRN has not turned green, but I haven't used it yet.

Just to be clear
I have a KZ silver upgrade that hasn't turned green because I haven't used it and I have a KZ silver upgrade that has turned green because I have used it. Both KZ cables are eighteen months old. I believe the oxidation process accelerates as the cable is used (as the cable bends oxygen permeates the acrylic coating and the copper wiring reacts).

But are those both like the one i linked? Because there's two types, there's the thinner one, and the one with 4 silver wires.

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #29,659 of 63,834

Just to be clear
I'm using silver kz cables from the very moment kz zs5 came out to market...and no green signs either.

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #29,660 of 63,834
I'm using silver kz cables from the very moment kz zs5 came out to market...and no green signs either.
One of the KZ silver plated copper cables I got has the lead to one earphone going green, while the other is still bright silver. Oh well, at least I can tell my left from my right more easily now...

Mar 28, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #29,661 of 63,834
ZS10 going for a great price in the anniversary Aliexpress sale.
Which seller do you see it for a great price on Aliexpress? I can only see it for £40 for some reason

EDIT: Sorry bhazard, it looks like your response was deleted, I hope I did not get you in any trouble

EDIT2: BTW could someone PM me what "the-store-that-shall-not-be-named-nor-linked-to" is and why it is "the-store-that-shall-not-be-named-nor-linked-to" so I do not get anyone else/myself in trouble?

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #29,662 of 63,834
But are those both like the one i linked? Because there's two types, there's the thinner one, and the one with 4 silver wires.

The one you linked.....
https://m.pt.aliexpress.com/item/32...&terminal_id=cbb64a9d5f47470389347423475ddb52

.....is on the right.
2018-03-28 14.31.30.jpg

The other two are the KZ ZST/ZSR/ES3 upgrade cable.
20180328_140000.jpg

The one still in the package is the TRN silver upgrade.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #29,663 of 63,834
I received the Tennmak ear tips (similar to KZ turbo ones) today, I really liked it but these are a bit shallow.

I'm trying to figure out a better way to extend the stem to get a proper length. Adding o-rings isn't a good option for IEMs without lips since it can't hold a secure fit. However, no problems so far using on ZST.

Mar 28, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #29,667 of 63,834
I am getting ZS10, Tin Audio T2, **** PT15, a cable and few cases. The waiting game starts now :slight_smile:

The Waiting -Tom Petty (RIP) and the heartbreakers:

Mar 28, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #29,668 of 63,834
  • EDIT2: BTW could someone PM me what "the-store-that-shall-not-be-named-nor-linked-to" is and why it is "the-store-that-shall-not-be-named-nor-linked-to" so I do not get anyone else/myself in trouble?

Here's the boiled down summary of banned topics:

Sellers:
- Easy Earphones (ie EE)
- W.o.o.e.a.s.y
- WTSUN Audio

Brands:
- Y.i.n.Y.o.o (all products made by them)
- DQSM (all products made by them)
- S.e.n.f.e.r (all products made by them)

Individual Products:
- Knockoff/fake products (aka DIY versions, counterfeits, etc)
- Revonext QT2, QT2S, QT3, QT3S, QT5 and RX8 models ONLY**

** OTHER Revonext models are OK though, and NOT banned (ie NEX202, NEX602, etc).

"Banned" means no discussion/reviews about the banned products, no mention of the sellers/product names (including indirect or ‘roundabout’ references like Y**Y** etc), no links to the products on shopping websites like Aliexpress/Amazon, etc.

There are other banned sellers/websites, but the above list are most appropriate ones when discussing ChiFi.

If you want to read the background story of how they got banned, as well as the full list of posting guidelines (from the admins themselves), here are the links you should read:
And here’s the info on the Revonext stuff:

Mods, please don't delete this post. I'm trying to be helpful until HF gets stickies in place!

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #29,669 of 63,834
Well at least I didn't get a warning PM this time around for mentioning the unmentionable because I now know to edit the quote and make sure that it isn't even in the quote. Just seems a bit catch-22 wanting to keep it low key and not make a big deal about it yet still removing posts mentioning there.

Back to on topic. I decided to forgo getting the pre-sale of the ZS10. I got burned by getting the ZS6 for over $40 when it first came out only to see Gearbest sales under $25 less than 2 months later. Add to the problem that the sound wasn't very different from the ZS5 v2 I already had. So I'm going to wait and see if KZ actually put some effort into the crossover and tuning.

Instead I'll keep being amazed at how much changing the opamp in my little bear tube amp b4 to the sample Burson sent me of the V5i and work on getting a new nice write up and review for them for it. I was trying a number of different IEMs not just my favorite choices just to get an overall impression of what the changes do in real terms. I had initially decided against any of the KZ I have because they fall into 2 roughly 2 groups: under $8 single driver designs or the brighter than I prefer but wouldn't say they scream ZS5 v2 and ZS6. I was thinking of what simple hybrids I have, single DD + single BA. Totally forgot about the ZSR I have. So they're on the listening pile now.

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #29,670 of 63,834
I decided to forgo getting the pre-sale of the ZS10. I got burned by getting the ZS6 for over $40 when it first came out only to see Gearbest sales under $25 less than 2 months later. Add to the problem that the sound wasn't very different from the ZS5 v2 I already had. So I'm going to wait and see if KZ actually put some effort into the crossover and tuning.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back