Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 18, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #58,906 of 75,352
i was listening to some disney princess soundtracks yesterday (lol) and noticed some female vocals can feel a bit too husky or chesty with the warmth of the 32pro and it took away from the song. specifically jodi benson's "part of your world," it got in the way of some of the breathiness and emotion in the more quiet passages. but that's what the LBBS and chaconne are for :)
Did you try any Blur model, some of them has wide soundstage and beautiful female vocals.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #58,907 of 75,352
Uh oh - my EM5 have a fault! There is a rattle coming from the right ear from kick drums, tried a few tracks and quite obvious, not there when I switched to 32pro. I bought from Amazon so I've initiated the return process...

Nov 18, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #58,908 of 75,352
Uh oh - my EM5 have a fault! There is a rattle coming from the right ear from kick drums, tried a few tracks and quite obvious, not there when I switched to 32pro. I bought from Amazon so I've initiated the return process...
Oh no, are you swapping them for another em5 set?

Nov 18, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #58,909 of 75,352
Oh no, are you swapping them for another em5 set?

They were bought from a marketplace seller on Amazon so I'll see what options they provide. I did read about QC issues in this thread but thought resolved, I know faults happen but it does cause me concern.

Nov 18, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #58,910 of 75,352
They were bought from a marketplace seller on Amazon so I'll see what options they provide. I did read about QC issues in this thread but thought resolved, I know faults happen but it does cause me concern.
Yeah I’d heard off some Qc problems but thought that was sorted now, I got mine from advanced mp3

Nov 18, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #58,911 of 75,352
Yeah I’d heard off some Qc problems but thought that was sorted now, I got mine from advanced mp3

I'm not sure if the issue developed or was there from the start - I was trying some dub techno, deep kickdrum and it was clearly noticeable - like when there's a rip in a speaker woofer. I've pretty much only been listening to chilled music on EM5.

Nov 18, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #58,912 of 75,352
I'm not sure if the issue developed or was there from the start - I was trying some dub techno, deep kickdrum and it was clearly noticeable - like when there's a rip in a speaker woofer. I've pretty much only been listening to chilled music on EM5.
It could be a peace of hair/lint stuck on the driver. Try to blow it of.

Nov 18, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #58,914 of 75,352
It could be a peace of hair/lint stuck on the driver. Try to blow it of.

Tried that but no luck, thanks for the suggestion.

Weirdly though, I notice it stops if I reposition the bud in my ear - I don't see how it's position to create a rattle from low end though? It's like a vibration, very obvious. Although, even while I'm typing now - it has come back again since I adjusted.

Nov 18, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #58,915 of 75,352
I’m not an expert but do earbuds get driver flex?

Nov 18, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #58,917 of 75,352
i think they can, at least in some shells if i push hard enough against my ear/skin i can hear a crinkling sound and feel a suction like effect, then bass response is reduced. some suction (i'll leave that to your imagination) or pressing them again resolve it
Have you checked the PM :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nov 18, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #58,918 of 75,352
I'm considering venturing back into the earbud realm. I had the VE Zen back in 2016 and enjoyed them, but at that point my audiophile budget wasn't enough to justify my limited use of them. Anyway, much of my listening is acoustic music, especially jazz and classical, and the descriptions of the Chaconne and their great timbre and natural sound have captivated my imagination. Those adjectives are what I most care about in music reproduction, followed by a realistic sense of space. However descriptions of the Chaconne's bass concern me that even for acoustic music they may be wanting. Will they convey the deep textured thud of an upright bass, for example? Also, is there anything Chaconne lite like, perhaps with a touch more bass, that might be a safer bet to dip my toes back in the earbud waters?

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #58,919 of 75,352
Considering venturing back into the earbud realm. I had the VE Zen back in 2016 and enjoyed them, but at that point my audiophile budget wasn't enough to justify my limited use of them. Anyway, much of my listening is acoustic music, especially jazz and classical, and the descriptions of the Chaconne and their great timbre and natural sound have captivated my imagination. Those adjectives are what I most care about in music reproduction, followed by a realistic sense of space. However descriptions of the Chaconne's bass concern me that even for acoustic music they may be wanting. Will they convey the deep textured thud of an upright bass, for example? Also, is there anything Chaconne lite like, perhaps with a touch more bass, that might be a safer bet to dip my toes back in the earbud waters?
K's LBBs with HieGi full foam. it's been discussed in this thread heavily. if you get it on aliexpress make sure it's Bell LBS and not the ones with microphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back