Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 18, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #58,921 of 75,350
I saw a review calling them neutral-bright. Not so? Or does full foam tame them?
Neutral bright is what you want for classical lol.

Full foams is what I use on them.

Nov 18, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #58,924 of 75,350
Yes, but I listen to more jazz than classical :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and prefer to err on the side of analog/tube neutral warm rather than digital neutral bright.
As mentioned by @Ronion changing the foams will help. Hiegi full foams for example.

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #58,925 of 75,350
+1 on the SMABAT M0. But, I can also suggest the JCALLY EP09, which also includes detachable cables and will sound excellent with the included sponges installed. If you still want to give Yincrow a try, for a little more than the X6, you can get the Yincrow RW-9, which offers better non-detachable wires and sound, and outlast the Yincrow X6 in durability. The wires come in different attractive colors, too. :point_left:

SMABAT M0
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003125110620.html

JCALLY
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003280681102.html

YINCROW RW-9
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32868456063.html

Hope this helps...

-Clear
How is JCALLY EP09 in terms of Sound Signature and overall? Is there any review or comparison with other buds? Can it be considered for nice smooth sound with lots of lots of details and clarity + good Bass and Sub Bass too?

Nov 18, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #58,926 of 75,350
Newbsound Pro
chef-kiss.gif

20211118_170508~3.jpg

Nov 19, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #58,928 of 75,350
You think you can pull a driver out of an MX500 shell @Stuff Jones ? Many people do it with a bottle opener. It’s probably safer than with your teeth. If so, for a few dollars you can tune a Tingo TG38s and have a world class bud. Particularly for natural,
acoustic instruments AND doubly so for recordings inside real spaces. I have it and the LBBs and I’m sure you’ll find that they are 2 different leagues of resolution and spaciousness. It’s the real diamond in the rough, but it does require tuning to get there. If you don’t want to attempt it, the LBBs isn’t a bad way to go. Comes tuned very nicely and has a great fit for me—better than an MX500. The Cacophony is a notoriously poorer fitting bud….

Nov 19, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #58,930 of 75,350
What about the midbass on the Chaconne? Do they do a good job with upright bass?
i unpacked mine and gave them a spin tonight, i think they sound good for stringed bass. warm and clear. but basically no drum impact (kicks sound like snares sort of) and no subbass (i completely missed some melodies in a pop song until i used my bassier buds lol).

i put hiegi full foams on them too and they are nicer than in the bass than i remember. especially if the track has female vocals or something else that they do very well for you to focus on, you kinda dont realize that they lack slam, weight, and rumble. some pure electronic tracks just dont make sense with them, but even pop songs that aren’t totally acoustic sound good with vocals.

i compared a pure female vocal track — Colors by Stella Jang — on the Newbsound 32pro and Chaconne. Chaconne obviously slays that track, ultra clear and airy and intimate with a natural effortless timbre. 32pro like I mentioned has that ever so slightly too warm and fuzzy characteristic to the vocals and anything approaching the lower range stands out more than it probably should so it can seem distracting. It doesn’t sound bad at all btw, but in a critical listening session the Chaconne comes out on top for that kind of track.

I am now back on the fence whether I want to keep the Chaconne in my collection still. Its like a cold sip of water after waking up in the middle of the night, just calmly refreshing. The 32pro are like warming up with your favorite mug of tea or coffee, warm, smooth, sweet, with just enough buzz to keep you engaged. Great complementary pairing.

Nov 19, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #58,931 of 75,350
Yeah 100% agree @n00b - they make a perfect pair and between them address all of music needs in buds.

Absolutely concur also in terms of bass, they won't serve the need for the slam of a kickdrum or go down deep in sub bass, but the bass representation in jazz for example is sublime - I was listening to Salute to the Sun by Matthew Halsall earlier and the lifelike timbre was hair-raising. The overall sense of imaging, soundstage, timbre and natural presentation of an album such as that is the best I've heard... yes the bass goes deeper when I compared to an IEM, but the trade-off was a loss of an organic, realistic presentation.

Chaconne does electronic ambient incredibly well too as no need for bass kick.

Nov 19, 2021 at 2:34 AM Post #58,932 of 75,350
How is JCALLY EP09 in terms of Sound Signature and overall? Is there any review or comparison with other buds? Can it be considered for nice smooth sound with lots of lots of details and clarity + good Bass and Sub Bass too?
If your intentions are to use them with the sponge covers included in the package, then it will sound nicely balanced with plenty of details. And, while sub-bass/bass is not the deepest, it actually provides a broad, rich and punchy signature. It is tuned very well for those that are willing to use them with the included sponge covers for excellent balance with life-like vocals and hi-end micro details. Now, if you decide to use them without the sponge covers, chances are you might find them on the bright side. There has only been several impressions and talk about them including my own many pages back on this thread. So, you can checkout my impressions on them at the link below...

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/post-16316946

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Nov 19, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #58,933 of 75,350
Actually, I should add, I still prefer EM5 for ambient electronic music but I could probably live without it - I'll see what happens with the return. Plus I paid full price which was €280, they dropped the price significantly for 11.11 and I expect the same for Black Friday or January sales so maybe I'll buy again at a better price, I'll be more comfortable then with the QC risk!

Nov 19, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #58,934 of 75,350
To those interested, I have made some substantial updates to the Earbud Timeline

A correction in your earbud timeline. I emailed Penon audio and they confirmed by contacting Shozy that there is no Shozy Cygnus II and that they have always used a 16Ω driver. There is no change is impedance of Shozy Cygnus from the launch of the earbud till now.

The 32Ω listing was a mistake by Penon audio and now they have corrected that on their website, they also made it clear by contacting Shozy that it was always 16Ω and not 18Ω.

Nov 19, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #58,935 of 75,350
Actually, I should add, I still prefer EM5 for ambient electronic music but I could probably live without it - I'll see what happens with the return. Plus I paid full price which was €280, they dropped the price significantly for 11.11 and I expect the same for Black Friday or January sales so maybe I'll buy again at a better price, I'll be more comfortable then with the QC risk!
Damn thats a lot at RRP - take the money! My EM5s due today or tomorrow - i think that'll work well for jazz/classical, from what i read the timbre is pretty good on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back