Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 17, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #58,891 of 75,152
How do they compare against Blurs?

Very different in that certainly the pk32 is much more energetic/lively, much more bass and like the 32pro, more of an all-rounder. I really don't see me listening to Chaconne much outside of a small few genres... but for those genres, I expect it will be hard to beat.

Nov 17, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #58,892 of 75,152
The Chaconne fit but like mx shells, work their way out and I need to readjust. I saw a post on Facebook earlier with double foam - a donut with a regular foam over it. I decided to try and after some stressful manipulation of the foam, managed to do it! Makes a big difference and I'm not noting any negative impact to sound.

20211117_174512.jpg
showoff! Every talks about how hard it is to fit one foam on this and you go and do two…. Lol. Just kidding brother.

Nov 17, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #58,894 of 75,152
just received my lbbs after a month in customs. Nice packaging with like 6 sets of foams and hooks. I expected a plastic baggy tbh ha.

My Ry4s and brown cable just has some great imaging capabilities and quickly became my reference. I think I should get a x6. I don’t think m2s pro or lbbs have specifically as good as imaging, or soundstage as the ry4s but as much as those characteristics are dialed back in lbbs, they exchange for more low end and balanced which makes me want to keep listening to lbbs. I can’t wait to receive my asura 3.0fe and compare.

Now I’m really going to try and apply double foams and budloks to my lbbs as the upper mids are a little thin for my taste but these could easily be an edc for me right now.

Edit. Budloks and foams aren’t my friends.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #58,895 of 75,152
The Ry4s (I believe it is a “Plus” model) is another that @furyossa recommends (or at least used to). His take on the Tingo-38s was so spot on. It’s a standout in the technicalities department. I know neither the LBBs or M2s pro are in its class but they are both tuned better out of the box. You’re making want to try the Ry4s

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #58,897 of 75,152
Just received, this night I´ll give you my early impressions without burn in.

1637257817050.png

Nov 18, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #58,899 of 75,152
one thing I've been thinking about with the 32pro, since I got it in 3.5mm to test. Unbalanced isn't my usual go-to, I opt for 4.4mm since I fell for the Sony scam (half sarcasm) and got 4.4mm on all my cables and DAPs now.

But with the 32pro, the tuning has the bass full and vocals and detail clear and tastefully forward. So even on single ended, I'm finding myself listening at like, 18/120 on my WM1A. I simply don't need to turn up the volume to hear what I want in a song, which is usually bassline melody and female vocals. That makes the added power potential of balanced connections less valuable to me, while limiting the types of sources I can use them with compared to 3.5mm single ended.

I think with other gear, earbuds especially since many have anemic bass, I was cranking up volume to hear a song feel more 'full.' Now I'm trying to get most of my gear to match that 32pro and Sony house sound which is relaxed, full, detailed but smooth, and then I can listen pretty quietly. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #58,900 of 75,152
Nov 18, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #58,901 of 75,152
Listening to 32pro right now myself, a brilliantly tuned set of buds that work with any genre I throw at them... excellent all-rounder.

one thing I've been thinking about with the 32pro, since I got it in 3.5mm to test. Unbalanced isn't my usual go-to, I opt for 4.4mm since I fell for the Sony scam (half sarcasm) and got 4.4mm on all my cables and DAPs now.

But with the 32pro, the tuning has the bass full and vocals and detail clear and tastefully forward. So even on single ended, I'm finding myself listening at like, 18/120 on my WM1A. I simply don't need to turn up the volume to hear what I want in a song, which is usually bassline melody and female vocals. That makes the added power potential of balanced connections less valuable to me, while limiting the types of sources I can use them with compared to 3.5mm single ended.

I think with other gear, earbuds especially since many have anemic bass, I was cranking up volume to hear a song feel more 'full.' Now I'm trying to get most of my gear to match that 32pro and Sony house sound which is relaxed, full, detailed but smooth, and then I can listen pretty quietly. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

You guys are killing me lol!

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #58,902 of 75,152

i got the best of wm1a thru its balanced output even with mr walkman mod in my experience anyway. the difference is very audible between the two.

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #58,903 of 75,152
i got the best of wm1a thru its balanced output even with mr walkman mod in my experience anyway. the difference is very audible between the two.
if i listen pretty closely, i can tell the difference between balanced modded wm1a vs unbalanced modded AW-55 for example. but i think in my listening habits it's usually while im doing something else or walking around, so im rarely ever in a critical listening mood. usually just want something relaxing and enjoyable, and that's how i ended up with the sound signature i like most right now (which i think 32pro does well). I guess i didnt mean to make this too much of a discussion about bal vs SE, moreso about listening volume with buds for different sound signatures and what people here prefer

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #58,904 of 75,152
Listening to 32pro right now myself, a brilliantly tuned set of buds that work with any genre I throw at them... excellent all-rounder.
Totally agree with you on first listening

1637263989396.png

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #58,905 of 75,152
i was listening to some disney princess soundtracks yesterday (lol) and noticed some female vocals can feel a bit too husky or chesty with the warmth of the 32pro and it took away from the song. specifically jodi benson's "part of your world," it got in the way of some of the breathiness and emotion in the more quiet passages. but that's what the LBBS and chaconne are for :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back