Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 27, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #47,356 of 75,537
And which ones are better than Snow Lotus and Yincrow w6 for up to $ 20?
Which sound signature you like depends on, there are many options. Ry4s Plus MMCX not a bad option and TinGo TC200, Kube v1

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #47,358 of 75,537
Mar 27, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #47,359 of 75,537
Hello everyone, I've been lurking around this thread for a long time and finally decided to make an account after purchasing a "couple" pairs of earbuds. I got the PK2 DIY Docomo from Chitty's Store recently and I can say that it is one of my favourite pairs in my collection so far :). These and the SR2 DIY are my go-to pairs of earbuds. At least for now...

Mar 27, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #47,361 of 75,537
I spoke to some sellers today, they said the main difference between the original SMABAT ST10 and the new ST10S is that the longer labyrinth structure thing in the ST10S gives is a bass of lesser quantity than the original ST10.
Smabat said lows performance is gonna be even better than the st10.

Second-generation ST-10S have the following characteristics than the ST-10: a longer maze-shaped structure, the bass is more flexible than before, the mid and treble are very clear, and the music is very comfortable; the sound field is larger, the instrument and the person Sound positioning is more accurate.
The seller told me the bass is of lesser quantity but better quality in the ST10S. Not sure how legit their info is as they are just sellers and not the actual tuners/manufacturers.

But the AE sellers are quite desperate for sales on AE. Most of the sellers there offered me a straight up 10% discount up front to buy it today (before coupons). I'm a bit hesistant to pull the trigger now as I'm a basshead and now I hear the bass quantity is less.

Length changes the resonance peaks. Longer means the peak resonance points become lower in frequency.
Longer = lower frequency (IE: more sub-bass)
Shorter = higher frequency (IE: more towards mid bass)

Plus maybe new diaphragm, voice coil, magnet and tuning.

My guess is they've slightly shifted the peak of the bass response of the ST-10S towards or even into sub-bass. Which would possibly be perceived as less 'bass' but more balanced. Given that audible sub-bass reproduction by earbuds is usually quite rolled off, due to lack of seal. I think when they mentioned 'flexible' its a slight mistranslation and they mean more dynamic or better range. IMO

Mar 27, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #47,364 of 75,537
Can't seem to find any info on the K's LHF earbuds anywhere. @ClieOS , Is the K's LHF bling bling 24K gold earbuds an upgrade over the K's k300 Samsara? Or is the sound quality more or less the same with a nicer shell?
It's not even a nicer shell. It's the same plastic shell, just wrapped in a jacket.
AK-2018-K-s-LHF-In-Ear-HIFI-Earphone-Earbud-Flat-Head-Plug-Earplugs-DJ-Earbud.jpg_q50.jpg

Mar 27, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #47,365 of 75,537
Can't seem to find any info on the K's LHF earbuds anywhere. @ClieOS , Is the K's LHF bling bling 24K gold earbuds an upgrade over the K's k300 Samsara? Or is the sound quality more or less the same with a nicer shell? Any impressions are greatly appreciated ~

I won't say one is noticeably better than the other.

It's not even a nicer shell. It's the same plastic shell, just wrapped in a jacket.

You want a nicer shell? YOU CAN'T HANDLE A NICER SHELL!!!

/ insert K's Poseidon $4K custom platinum+gold shell /

:smiling_imp:

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #47,366 of 75,537
Mar 28, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #47,368 of 75,537

Users who are viewing this thread

Back