Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 12, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #47,000 of 75,756
Yes it is, although I wish it did not have a mic

Usually I would have also preferred my earbuds without a mic, but this time I'm specifically looking at something to take calls and communicate when playing some casual games. Do you think it will be a good choice to go with the EO320?

BTW I have already gifted my E1008 to a good friend, and it will be great to know if you can compare their sound? Built wise I feel that they are quite similar, apart from their price and packaged accessories.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #47,001 of 75,756
My Willsound mk2 mmcx arrived today. Pretty quick shipping from Rholupat. Listened to them for roughly an hour or so - no burn in. These aren't bad for 37 bucks.
Warm and relatively smooth, and they actually have some sense of sub bass. Mid bass is a bit fat and bloated. Surprisingly, there seems to be more focus on decay than attack. Mids throughout are noticeably congested. Not terrible, but a bit more so than the **** Bk2. I found the upper mids a little bit too pushed back, but some EQ helped with that. Top end is definitely rolled off. The upper mids and treble don't seem to be the focus here, unlike most every other earbud I've heard. Perhaps they will come a little more alive in this area after thorough burn in. They sound full with no hollow character. Another nice change from my other buds. After listening EQ free for a while, I had this feeling I should switch to my 99 Classics EQ settings, as these remind me of a mini version. Worked like a charm. Now if I could find a similar sounding bud with better clarity, resolution, extension, and sparkle, I think that would nail it for me. I haven't purchased a whole lot of earbuds thus far, but my keepers are the mk2, bk2, and M1. I'm still waiting on my TK TO180.

So the bk2 are better to your ears than mk2?

Feb 14, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #47,002 of 75,756
"It's been a while that we haven't seen Shozy releasing earbuds since the great white and black , and now on the valentine's day we've got news that they will be releasing their latest earbuds very soon. Interesting to see they didn't use the Pk1 shell this time and rather switching to the Dp100 instead. More importantly this will mostly be LIMITED as what we've known so far . Price will be roughly around 888rmb, name TBC."
a11d044f77.jpg

Feb 15, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #47,003 of 75,756
-242003050.jpg

New Shozy, no English name yet except for a Chinese name called "little gold". MSRP around US$130.

Feb 15, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #47,005 of 75,756
I just bought the Headroom MS16 and they sound really great for the cheap price (aside for the questionable bass performance). I can't believe these are just 199 php! (3.94 usd)

They are my main gaming buds, always connected to my laptop. Biggest soundstage I've ever heard, exaggerated, sure, but it helps a lot in fps games.

Feb 15, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #47,007 of 75,756
They are my main gaming buds, always connected to my laptop. Biggest soundstage I've ever heard, exaggerated, sure, but it helps a lot in fps games.
Yeah, they quite do the sound staging very well, probably due to it's open back nature.
I usually use the MS16 at home because yeah... Open back and sound leaks.
How's the bass & mids?
Don't expect fully bodied bass, it lacks the sub bass performance. The mids are kinda warm and really vivid.

Feb 15, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #47,008 of 75,756
Can you guys suggest a pair of earbuds with decent sub bass as well as no rolled off highs within $70 please? Detachable cables are highly preferred at that price point. Thank you!!

Feb 15, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #47,009 of 75,756

For gaming I am using the Dragon Simphonio 2 plus. It has a nice frequency response between harman and U.

But it presents itself like an Hd800s. With an almost speaker like coloring. Really great for gaming; I use them with my Nintendo Switch.

Really great subbass extension.

... But the price. XD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back