Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 14, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #44,702 of 75,148
Could somebody please compare b40 with snow lotus 1.0 plus?

Hi, do you already have one of these and want to know how the other compares? If so, what do you have? Also are you talking about the original Snow Lotus 1.0 plus or are you talking about the Snow Lotus 1.0 plus commemorative edition (the blue one)?

Keep in mind that the Snow Lotus uses an MX500 shell and the B40 uses the smaller PK shell. What fits you best? Fit affects the sound.

Edit: what sources do you use? phone, DAP, laptop, desktop gear? Between my husband and myself, we have several Faaeals but should try to compare using similar equipment to yours.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #44,703 of 75,148
20190910_174904.jpg
15683984370892896283910382002198.jpg

Some earbuds to be shipped out: Modded Shozy Cygnus w/ MMCX and SPC cable (toneking to600 cable).

Tuned for full or donut foams (VE donut sounds great on these as does full foams).

Awhile back I was sent these for a repair job as the cable was broken and the inner tuning foam was mostly disintegrated (seems to be a regular thing with shozy earbuds). So now they get a second life and a bit of an upgrade lol.

@Tayyab Pirzada may post a review once he receives them.

Sep 14, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #44,704 of 75,148
@Willber owns both I believe, he might be able to give you that info.

I only own the Snow Lotus 1.0+ CE. It's bass is quiet average, lacking a bit in quantity and not as tight/refined as I would like. The mids quite neutral, maybe slightly lean and not mid forward but not overly recessed. The treble is the highlight if you enjoy some sparkle and air in the highs. Again it's a leaner sounding treble as the lower treble is not too emphasised but the extension and refinement is good.

Over all not my cup of tea (although i do like the extra air and extension in the treble) but a good earbud if you prefer articulated neutral mids and highs over a full bodied and warmer sound. I do wish the bass was more impactful and tighter, then the balance would be better to counter the slightly leaner mids and highs.

They sound a bit like my beyer dt1350, just without the excellent deep and tight bass response of that headphone.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #44,705 of 75,148
Hi, do you already have one of these and want to know how the other compares? If so, what do you have? Also are you talking about the original Snow Lotus 1.0 plus or are you talking about the Snow Lotus 1.0 plus commemorative edition (the one with the blue cable)?

Keep in mind that the Snow Lotus uses an MX500 shell and the B40 uses the smaller PK shell. What fits you best? Fit affects the sound.

Edit: what sources do you use? phone, DAP, laptop, desktop gear? Between my husband and myself, we have several Faaeals but should try to compare using similar equipment to yours.

I've got Snow Lotus 1.0 plus commemorative edition. Haven't used a PK-shells yet, but MX can fall out of the ear only while in motion.
I use a PC via creative soundcard and Meizu pro 6 plus.
Would appreciate your help :)

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #44,706 of 75,148
I've got Snow Lotus 1.0 plus commemorative edition. Haven't use a PK-shells yet, but MX can fall out of the ear only while in motion.
What would like to change/improve about the sound of your snow lotus, i own it myself and could point you in a general direction if you were to describe what you like or dislike about its sound.

Sep 14, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #44,707 of 75,148
I've got Snow Lotus 1.0 plus commemorative edition. Haven't use a PK-shells yet, but MX can fall out of the ear only while in motion.

If you would like to try a PK shelled bud without spending much I think the B40 is an excellent choice.

Sep 14, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #44,708 of 75,148
What would like to change/improve about the sound of your snow lotus, i own it myself and could point you in a general direction if you were to describe what you like or dislike about its sound.
I agree in terms of bass quantity and tightness.
SL 1.0 plus is quite enjoyable to listen, but i'd prefer more lows.
I like my vidos a lot, ordered tc200 and want to try something new with warm sound in the price range of 10-15$

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #44,709 of 75,148
I retired my SL 1.0+ (CE) early because I preferred the 1.0 (one of my favourites) so haven't listened to them for a while. I found the 1.0+ to be technically good but not as natural sounding as the 1.0. But as I like the B40 more than both of them I suggest you get those, although it's very subjective.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #44,710 of 75,148
I retired my SL 1.0+ (CE) early because I preferred the 1.0 (one of my favourites) so haven't listened to them for a while. I found the 1.0+ to be technically good but not as natural sounding as the 1.0. But as I like the B40 more than both of them I suggest you get those.
Could you please compare all three in terms of bass?

Edit: Guess I'll order B40 at least to try PK shells :)

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #44,711 of 75,148
Bass is more elevated on the NicHCK B40 compared to the Faaeal Snow Lotus 1.0+ CE. The B40 is more lively, I have to agree with @Willber the Original Snow Lotus is closer to the B40 than the Plus

20190914_134603[1].jpg

Sep 14, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #44,712 of 75,148
Sorry, my 1.0+ are packed away, but from memory I would say the 1.0+ has the most bass quantity but the B40 has more quality and control. The 1.0 falls somewhere in between.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #44,713 of 75,148
I agree in terms of bass quantity and tightness.
SL 1.0 plus is quite enjoyable to listen, but i'd prefer more lows.
I like my vidos a lot, ordered tc200 and want to try something new with warm sound in a price range of 10-15$
Can't go wrong with the kube v1. More linear bass than the vido with similar quantity. For me the kube bass is slightly cleaner in the mid bass. More full bodied mids and smoother highs. Could be said to lack some detail because of the relaxed presence region. But there's no major dips or offensive peaks. Worn with thin foams the sound becomes more neutral and more clear with a hint of warmth, but full or donut foams give you that bass thump.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #44,714 of 75,148

Edit: Guess I'll order B40 at least to try PK shells :)
If you haven't tried the PK shell that's a good place to start. I find them more comfortable that the generic MX500 shell. And the B40 is my favourite of my PK buds.

Edit: Actually, the B40 is my favourite of all my phones, and my spare has just arrived.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #44,715 of 75,148
The b40 having one port closed may sound similar to a stock docomo or shozy cygnus driver in the same setup. I tried closing one vent on the cygnus i was modding with some blu-tack. Coupled with an open 1.5mm bass port on the stem and sealed cable port.

The result is a stronger bass response with a surprising amount of thump around 50-75hz. Infact it was a near perfect bass response for earbuds. Tight, punchy and full bodied. With enough depth to satisfy.

The issue was however, you lose some soundstage over having both vents open. It sounded a little congested but i really loved the frequency response in that setup.

In the end I couldn't justify the lack of space in the staging, so i left both open and coupled with the right amount of damping the soundstage and separatation was more than adequate, infact the cygnus has excellent separation once you tame it's mid bass.

The bass depth is still there, but the punchy bass around 50-75hz is subdued slightly.

So I'm guessing the b40 may struggle with soundstage/spaciousness with only one vent open.

Can anyone confirm does the b40 sound less spacious than other pk buds with both vents open?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back