Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 6, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #44,521 of 75,423
So would you say these are better than EarPods?

I'm probably in the minority but I actually like how EarPods sound, maybe the good fit just helps the sound.

I recently did come into possession of a pair of earpods and was quite surprised by how nice they sound. I have not tried to compare the sound head to head with these other pods so I cannot say which is "better." Often it is not a matter or better or worse... just different... or sometimes not THAT different. The build quality though on the Memt T5 is so good. I guess part of it is the looks... do you want white earpods... or something different...

I know, I am no help at all. I am not usually up this early and my brain will not wake up. There is no way I can even listen to anything this early in the morning.

Sep 6, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #44,522 of 75,423
Got the ty hi-z awk-F150T1 , just do diffused and textured and powerful

I also look at it. say what sounds better Smabat ST-10 or TY Hi-Z F150TS ?

Sep 6, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #44,523 of 75,423
I had the SWD2+ and though they were detailed and spacious sounding, they can come off as borderline bright or a tad too harsh for me on some tracks.

The Shozy B.K on the other hand, I listened for about a day but unfortunately had to send them back for repairs due to failed right driver. I find them really smooth sounding and there is an appeal to the smoothness in presentaton. I was initially also afraid it might be lacking in bass but that was proven not the case. I cannot wait to get them back for a proper assessment...

As it stands and if nothing is changed with the returning pair, I will say I prefer the B.K over the SWD2+.
Thank you for your answer. So the questions are left for Super Nightingale (harshness, comparison vs Shozy BK)...

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #44,525 of 75,423
Recently got the Qian69s - Loving them. Incredible value for money. Is anyone able to recommend something vaguely similar, but with more bass - particularly subbass ? Preferably under $50, but interested in all options.

Vido, Fengru EMX500
but better
The Kube v1, Sabia v7, Willsound MK2

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #44,528 of 75,423
Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #44,530 of 75,423
Well, I pulled the trigger on some earbuds. Half a dozen, actually.
  • HE 150PRO
  • RY GM500
  • RY RY4S HI-Cable
  • Toneking TP16
  • TY Hi-Z 150S
  • the something-something BK2
Which ones should I be most excited about? Any that are horrific mistakes?

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #44,531 of 75,423
Which ones should I be most excited about?

I had HE 150PRO, Toneking TP16 I did not like, RY RY4S HI-Cable good but lacks sub bass and bass. In your place I would try TY Hi-Z 150S or TS

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #44,532 of 75,423
  • HE 150PRO
  • RY GM500
  • RY RY4S HI-Cable
  • Toneking TP16
  • TY Hi-Z 150S

I especially like the first one. The others I have not heard but have models by some of the same brands.

With any choices you will find some who hate it and others who love it. Just wait and see what you think. Don't try them all in one day :)

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #44,533 of 75,423
I especially like the first one. The others I have not heard but have models by some of the same brands.

With any choices you will find some who hate it and others who love it. Just wait and see what you think. Don't try them all in one day :)

Trying them all in one day would be a tall order, especially since delivery dates are all weeks apart for some reason. But, your point is a good one. I think it's better to get accustomed to an earbud before passing judgment and moving on to the next one. The question really is: which ones do a I try first and which ones do I save for last?

Sep 6, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #44,534 of 75,423
Trying them all in one day would be a tall order, especially since delivery dates are all weeks apart for some reason. But, your point is a good one. I think it's better to get accustomed to an earbud before passing judgment and moving on to the next one. The question really is: which ones do a I try first and which ones do I save for last?

Depends on which one arrives first:)

Although, I had 5 things arrive together back when I was just beginning with buds. That was overwhelming.

Sep 6, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #44,535 of 75,423
  • HE 150PRO
  • RY GM500
  • RY RY4S HI-Cable
  • Toneking TP16
  • TY Hi-Z 150S
A very good selection. Use one one day, then sleep ,use another after a brain reset. You will find your favourite ones for whatever genre. Then all will be fine. I have the RY GM300 and it is very good. I also possess the Toneking TP16 which is easier to drive. The BK2 is also a very good earbud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back