Earbuds Round-Up
May 29, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #42,301 of 75,149
I received my Smabat ST-10 replacement few days ago. Jim at NiceHCK provided an excellent support and took care of all the expenses.
Everything works very well now. They fixed the problem with the cable and the MMCX connectors. I moved the connector around a lot while listening to check if I could recreate the problem and I was never able to do it.
I continually used the ST-10 in the past days, only switching them, here and there, with the NiceHCK EBX for comparison.
The EBX sound is very similar to the ST-10, the EBX has a little more balanced sound across the frequency spectrum but the ST-10 has better lower bass.
I mostly listen to Jazz and Progressive Rock and the ST-10 proved to be a great all rounder with these two genres.

I would like to thank ClieOS for recommending it and Jim at NiceHCK for the outstanding support.

Does your second pair sounds the exact same as your first batch? (just for stats purpose)
My second seems to have very slight more forwarded mids (which is not bad depending on tracks, but I still prefer my first batch for electronic musics)

May 29, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #42,302 of 75,149
u3Vhc1W.jpg

Ah.....K's LBB....
@ClieOS. Thank you for recommending a nice buds.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #42,310 of 75,149
Proud to present you my new little creation
These are now my new DIY reference

Still my yet best 150 ohm drivers but with a new high quality copper cable
Cheers'

They look gorgeous! Nice work.

May 29, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #42,313 of 75,149
Also, is there any change in sound quality or signature in new FiiO EM3 with Mic. As far as I know, they are launched again with some changes cpl of years ago (2018 I guess). Basically, I am looking for some earbud which is not too expensive but have great details and clarity while having warm and smooth sound and not harsh. And Having a Mic is necessary so pls suggest according to that.
I am particularly talking about the Left one from this image. Does anyone has any link to the left Earbud with Mic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_earbuds#/media/File:IPod_Earbuds.JPG

Any link on AE or somewhere else?

Any reply pls?

May 29, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #42,314 of 75,149
Any reply pls?

Those are the very old of the very old iBud, phased out many many years ago - there is almost no way to find a new one these days, but used one can sometime still be found on Taobao. Do note that early iBud has different suppliers so they might not all sound identical to each others.

May 29, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #42,315 of 75,149
Those are the very old of the very old iBud, phased out many many years ago - there is almost no way to find a new one these days, but used one can sometime still be found on Taobao. Do note that early iBud has different suppliers so they might not all sound identical to each others.
Ok. Do you have any link from Taobao or somewhere else. Hope you are referring to the left one form the image? But with mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back