1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. CheeseInTheSky
    I got the Japan earbuds from a Malay forum mentioned here before (Lowyat)
    It looks like the Kube V1's will be my daily drivers, the fit combined with the lightweight noodle cable makes it sit much more easily in my ears, and the sound is great.
    I agree, the bass is something else on these, the Sabia's sound great too tho.
    I still cant choose a clear winner, although the Sabia's seem to be louder without the sound becoming crackling or anything, it just sounds so detailed even at louder volumes.
    I might end up trying to recable the Sabia for a more lightweight cable, as it seems the cable used for the Sabia is quite stiff and thats the reason it falls out so easily when going about.

waynes world and Chris674 like this.
  2. nick n
    Have you tried shirt clips at all?
    If I can get the KUBE2 to stay put with a clip, the KubeV1 should be easier than that.
    It's hard to figure out which I like best, so I gave up trying.
    Sabia maybe perhaps a bit more refined, the quality of the bass is amazingly great, ( well on Kube V1 too ) but when I recall hitting female vocals on the Sabia it's excellent.
    Plus the way notes are portrayed , the edges of the notes and body to them. Hard to describe.
    It's late and I am overly tired.
    Very glad to see some positive reactions overall.

What colour(s) did you get?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    waynes world likes this.
  3. CheeseInTheSky
    The Elibuds Sabia V6 Experimental are White, and the Kube V1 i got in white too.
    The Kube V1 sit great in my ear, and due to the noodle cable stay in, the connector is crap tho.
    It's the Sabia thats pulling out of my ear during walking.

4. subwoof3r
    Listening to SL 1.0+ at work since few hours (after 20 hours of proper burning) and they sound very good to me (I switched to ali thin foams on them which is the best compromise).
    It is just lacking a bit of subbass and rumble in bass departement so I have to play a bit with EQ, but other freqs are close to perfection. Nice job done by faaeal :)
    I tried to dismantle them but seems like they are glued like hell, can't open them very easily... unlike 1.0 :frowning2: so I think I will let them like that (had too much bad experience killing both my drivers from EMX500S, RY4S, GM500, etc, while trying to open them glued...).

waynes world and HungryPanda like this.
  5. palestofwhite
    Removed.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    waynes world and DBaldock9 like this.
  6. ClintonL
    Is there anything up to $250 usd that is a noticeable upgrade for the shozy bk.

7. BadReligionPunk
    Well At $25 I put in my email to try em. Who knows?

The reddit is pretty funny reading. People killing this thing, but haven't tried em yet. Funny stuff.

8. subwoof3r
    Budwoof3r :beyersmile:

tvou88 and BadReligionPunk like this.
  9. minnyB
    Thank you for your referral. They are very popular earbuds for recabling.

Just for your info, I also have access to the NTT Docomo Earbuds in 3.5mm balanced plug. According to my customer, this NTT Docomo used the driver unit of Shozy bk stardust.

[​IMG] ntt docomo.jpg

DBaldock9 and rahmish like this.
  10. minnyB
    [​IMG]

11. clovermau5
    i tried to check, its $34.95 now. hmm is it worth ?

12. BadReligionPunk
    Probably not...

Ira Delphic likes this.
  13. BadReligionPunk
    I can stand to throw away $25, but $35 is too much.

subwoof3r likes this.
  14. NymPHONOmaniac
    Very detailed and analytical, layering is out of this world for the price and highs sparkle are to die for. But performance is inconsistant and some shrill in bass or vocal can happen at very high volume...still need more listen to them cause sometime im blown away and other time i feel they are defect. But near neutral and ultra detailed, small soundstage but excellent layering.
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!

I'm utterly confuse....but as said...its not write tingo on it...so, this is why I guess I should include a aliexpress link (even if I hate to do that). I find these because on earbuds anonymous one person praise them, but with intense sincerity, so months after I take the plunge. The mids are to die for and soundstage is biggest in sub 20$ earbuds IMO They are warm but far from dull sounding and for some less crowded music I prefer them over EBX. We need at least some person that have them in hands to share proper impressions.
    As well, 2 other dude from NBBA facebook group buy them and really love them and both talk about vast soundstage....

What was you audio source at the time (surely not a phone I guess)?????

I buy them here:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot...073.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d3d33L1

drey101 and subwoof3r like this.
  15. NymPHONOmaniac
    I really love my PMV A01 MK2 earphones...still wait for another 50-150$ iem from this company....about scarf, did they give it when you buy stuffs or just for reviewer so they can make Penon publicity in winter?

No but seriously....im curious to know how they compare to the Nicehck EB2 (wich I didnt love alot...).