Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 29, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #39,541 of 75,321
Hi. Need some advice. Just had some birthday money. What would be great totl earbuds for a black/death/doom metal listener? I can spend up to £350.
Thanks

Jan 29, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #39,542 of 75,321
Its late but I take an hour to fastly share my ultimate love about TINGO TG-38S (or more like EMX985). Perhaps it already became know by more peps, but for me its the best sub 10$ all arounder earbud. A MUST have. No BS. As always...
sorry for bad pictures but I need to share this thing so its impulsive.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tingo-tg-38s.23556/reviews#review-21513

I just say BUY IT SHARE IT LOVE IT in fact....
Sadly, I don't have the same thinking :frowning2:
I remember well those TINGO TG-38S, they were my first ever "audiophile" budget earbuds and I wasn't happy with them at all, I really didn't enjoyed the sound overall: bass anemic, thin soundstage, not much details, only the mids were just ok (far from perfect), definitely it was designed for vocals first and piano, but nothing else (or my pair had serious issues).
If I remember well, I wasn't alone to think the same on a french audiophile board (isn't it @DarkZenith ? :) )
But the build quality was good for the price, this was my only pros to them.

Jan 29, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #39,543 of 75,321
I got the Kubes and the SL 1.0+ Commemoratives in last week. I've been spending a lot of time with the Kubes. I've never heard bass like that from an ear bud and the soundstage is exactly as advertised in these forums. I'd be interested to hear your comparison to the Sabia after you've listened a bit more. eBay seller says they're very limited and he has 3-4 pairs to list. Wondering if I should stalk his listings or just be happy. Oh, and how the heck yo get Docomos and JVC's? Keep seeing them but have no idea where they're sold.

I got the Japan earbuds from a Malay forum mentioned here before (Lowyat)
It looks like the Kube V1's will be my daily drivers, the fit combined with the lightweight noodle cable makes it sit much more easily in my ears, and the sound is great.
I agree, the bass is something else on these, the Sabia's sound great too tho.
I still cant choose a clear winner, although the Sabia's seem to be louder without the sound becoming crackling or anything, it just sounds so detailed even at louder volumes.
I might end up trying to recable the Sabia for a more lightweight cable, as it seems the cable used for the Sabia is quite stiff and thats the reason it falls out so easily when going about.

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #39,544 of 75,321
Have you tried shirt clips at all?
If I can get the KUBE2 to stay put with a clip, the KubeV1 should be easier than that.
It's hard to figure out which I like best, so I gave up trying.
Sabia maybe perhaps a bit more refined, the quality of the bass is amazingly great, ( well on Kube V1 too ) but when I recall hitting female vocals on the Sabia it's excellent.
Plus the way notes are portrayed , the edges of the notes and body to them. Hard to describe.
It's late and I am overly tired.
Very glad to see some positive reactions overall.

What colour(s) did you get?

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #39,545 of 75,321
The Elibuds Sabia V6 Experimental are White, and the Kube V1 i got in white too.
The Kube V1 sit great in my ear, and due to the noodle cable stay in, the connector is crap tho.
It's the Sabia thats pulling out of my ear during walking.

Jan 29, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #39,546 of 75,321
Listening to SL 1.0+ at work since few hours (after 20 hours of proper burning) and they sound very good to me (I switched to ali thin foams on them which is the best compromise).
It is just lacking a bit of subbass and rumble in bass departement so I have to play a bit with EQ, but other freqs are close to perfection. Nice job done by faaeal :)
I tried to dismantle them but seems like they are glued like hell, can't open them very easily... unlike 1.0 :frowning2: so I think I will let them like that (had too much bad experience killing both my drivers from EMX500S, RY4S, GM500, etc, while trying to open them glued...).

Jan 29, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #39,549 of 75,321
Anybody tried this earbuds to headphone mod yet?

e0e8ee9c-headphones-03-fixed-00000_0le0ld0le0lc000000.png
Well At $25 I put in my email to try em. Who knows?

The reddit is pretty funny reading. People killing this thing, but haven't tried em yet. Funny stuff.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #39,551 of 75,321
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back