1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. mbwilson111
    Here is a tip that will help with aliexpress links so that you will not hate to share them. If the link is super long with all that extra spam type stuff you delete everything after the .html Headfi actually expects us to do that.

So the one you posted ends up like this. Links are always appreciated because the search function on aliexpress is horrible.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot...-Flat-Head-earphone-Pk-Mx985/32805136073.html

This one looks to be the one that people were praising... including my husband @HungryPanda We just refer to it as the Fengru Silver. It does not seem to have a name.

edit... actually he has it in his list as Fengru DIY 16 ohm Silver (AA-0122)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  2. Ira Delphic
    I wish you people would just stop it LOL! It looks like there are two types of cables? the ones in the last two links more like a standard Monk + black cable, as opposed to the silvery cables. I'm not sure that I need another pair of budget earbuds. I'm trying to just say no :triportsad:. Marie Kondo would say no!

ValSilva likes this.
  3. subwoof3r
    In the link you shared there is nothing that says beeing the TINGO TG-38S, are you sure you bought a TG-38S ? (or maybe your link is wrong?) otherwise physically it looks like a TG-38S.

NymPHONOmaniac likes this.
  4. mbwilson111
    She would say no to almost everything. You might be allowed one bud.

This does not look like a Monk+ cable to me... this is like the one we have here.

[​IMG]

DBaldock9 likes this.
  5. antdroid
    I have not heard the EB2, but it was something I was considering buying too.

As for the scarf, I have no idea why it was included. I bought the PMV AOEDE and the Moondrop Kanas Pro (not review samples). They have a tiny iron on Penon logo on the bottom of it. haha. I'll have to take a photo. Penon has usually always thrown random free stuff in their packages. Usually its free ear tips or foams or a greeting card, but a scarf is new to me. I do buy from Penon often (every couple months), so maybe it's just a random gift for frequent customers.

drey101 and NymPHONOmaniac like this.
  6. NymPHONOmaniac
    Yeah, your right....i make this assumption after hesitating between 2 store and choosing the one that have free shipping cause im too cheap. I'm pretty sure they are but without official branding and pretty sure the one from this store that show tingo sell the same...but we never know with chifi, wich would explain the opposite impressions we have...but another time, they can change tuning or drivers lot of time with same models as well. Was thinking its better to call them Tingo but MX985 is perhaps more appropriate. Capture d’écran (221).png Capture d’écran (222).png

EDIT: will change it for PK MX985 then.

subwoof3r likes this.
  7. Ira Delphic
    Nevermind... I viewed at higher res. When "Color" is selected it shows a longer shot of the earbuds. The rings (seaworm) pattern isn't as evident in the cable.

8. NymPHONOmaniac

[​IMG]

Always nice to have gift.
    Wow man....KAnas Pro, congrats! Thats serious stuff (me jealous).

9. waynes world
    But where did you get Tingo from?

Edit: I see it now. But you didn't get those ones. You got the other "Fengru Silver" ones that mbwilson111 has. Got it.

NymPHONOmaniac and subwoof3r like this.
  10. mbwilson111
    I don't have them but I have seen them close up. HungryPanda has them. BTW, we rarely listen to each others stuff... when would we have time?

HungryPanda and DBaldock9 like this.
  11. mbwilson111
    The MX985 was an expensive model of Sennheiser.

Thing is, it is not a PK shell. I think sellers just put things like that in the title so that the item will come up in various searches. That is also why they used to say "Monk killer" in many product listings... because then anyone searching for a Monk would find the listing.

Willber and HungryPanda like this.
  12. mochill
    So I'll be getting 5 new earbuds altogether, kube1, kube2, shiny ivory white Victor earbud , Sweden happy plug gold , and the JVC Victor bud. Thanks you for my wallets (^_^♪)

rahmish, golov17, nick n and 3 others like this.
  13. Willber
    I agree - it's search bait.

HungryPanda likes this.
  14. NymPHONOmaniac
    No im very confuse...i dont know how to call them! think I will go back to tingo....ugh.

15. waynes world
    Why not call it "Fengru DIY 16 ohm Silver (AA-0122)" like mbwilson111 suggested?