Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 2, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #38,627 of 75,871
Oh yikes.

I said I was getting a Black Panther from him later in the year but I might have to reconsider.

I am very happy with my Blur Black Panther. Many people have been happy with their dealings with him. But, don't do it if you are not comfortable.

Edited after reading @DBaldock9 s post. So, Wong does make most of his own cbles and the one in question was for gifts. He tried to help by saying it could be found on aliexpress.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #38,628 of 75,871
I just want to share that my experience with Wong was all good, I bought a pair of Dark Chocolate earbuds and later I asked him to please make some cable holder/winder for me and everything went fine.

I'm not taking sides, just wanted to share my experience.

Regards and happy new year to all.

Jan 2, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #38,629 of 75,871
Just because of a conversation between two languages on facebook, which I thought was a little rude to repost here, there is no reason to discredit Wong. He makes excellent earbuds and does not rip people off. I make my own earbuds and depending on cable, drivers, shells, jacks and tuning foams it can soon add up if you make rather good ones. There is also time spent making them and researching tuning.

Jan 2, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #38,630 of 75,871
Hi everybody,

Just a quick message to warn you about the guy behind « Blur » earbuds, aka « Wong Kuan Wae » on facebook.

I just gently asked him a basic question on facebook messenger today to know if he was maybe selling the cables he do for its earbuds (you guys can see the screenshot of our discussion below), but looks like he didn’t really understood my question. After trying to explain him again, he told me to check aliexpress, so it is an interesting info, since it looks like he don’t do the cables by himself, but just buying something ready made on aliexpress (which is a bit crazy for the price asked of its earbuds..).
After trying to rexplain him what I wanted, he looked like offesensed and just blocked me from its facebook, which just show how the guy is in reality..
So, be warned, be extremely careful to all people who want to give a try to buy him some of its Blur earbuds. Personally, he is now also in my blacklist now, as I don’t really like this kind of attitude..
This guy should be avoided from selling earbuds, really.

Screenshot of the discussion here :

Cheers,

That was my post that you quoted from the Earbuds Anonymous Facebook group. A while back, Wong mentioned that he had modified/re-wired some Vido earbuds, and was going to send them to people who had bought certain Blur earbuds. I sent a PM, asking whether my hALF/hALF were included. They weren't, but he ended up with an extra pair of Vido, so he offered to send them to me - hence my post when they arrived.
For the modded/re-wired Vido, Wong never claimed those cables were handmade - and he wasn't selling them, just giving them away as gifts.
For his Blur earbuds, he does use high quality wire, which he hand twists, and assembles into cables.
So, his comments about looking on AliExpress for the cables he used on the Vido earbuds, was a correct response to your question.

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #38,631 of 75,871
That was my post that you quoted from the Earbuds Anonymous Facebook group. A while back, Wong mentioned that he had modified/re-wired some Vido earbuds, and was going to send them to people who had bought certain Blur earbuds. I sent a PM, asking whether my hALF/hALF were included. They weren't, but he ended up with an extra pair of Vido, so he offered to send them to me - hence my post when they arrived.
For the modded/re-wired Vido, Wong never claimed those cables were handmade - and he wasn't selling them, just giving them away as gifts.
For his Blur earbuds, he does use high quality wire, which he hand twists, and assembles into cables.
So, his comments about looking on AliExpress for the cables he used on the Vido earbuds, was a correct response to your question.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Jan 2, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #38,632 of 75,871
Hi everybody,
below), but looks like he didn’t really understood my question. After trying to explain him again, he told me to check aliexpress, so it is an interesting info, since it looks like he don’t do the cables by himself, but just buying something ready made on aliexpress (which is a bit crazy for the price asked of its earbuds..).

If the complete cables are purchased from Aliexpress, it should not be too difficult find the them, maybe a day or 2 searching the site. If the wires and plugs are bought separately, it will be a bit harder, but still possible. Usually surprisingly cheap; effort and time is typically the main cost involved.

I don't know anything about Wong's earbuds nor the person, but reading the post, it seems to be a case of miscommunication. For example: you could have elaborated on "making cables manually". To an engineer, like me, that could imply drawing the wires out from raw metal/plastics; it's extremely costly to do so, if not done in bulk.

Jan 2, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #38,633 of 75,871
Thanks everyone for your messages,
For sure, he a well known guy into earbuds scene, but not sure why he decided to ban me without any real reason for such a basic question like this :frowning2:
Anyway, it's just a warn for people and future new buyers mainly, I really hope everything will be fine with your future transactions with him, but for me it will be a no go, definitely.
Cheers'

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #38,634 of 75,871
Happy new year!

Sadly my beloved yuin pk3 has stopped working. I liked not having to use a amp and ran them off my htc10 whilst walking to work.

Reading the threads here there seems to be a gap in the $20-50usd range for a yuin pk shell for earbuds. I'd love another pk shaped earbud as I love the fit and I'm happy to spend in that 20-50 range but not the $165 for e.g the shozy bk's which are commonly recommended. Nicehck don't seem to sell pk's currently from what I can tell.

Any thoughts? Sorry if I've missed a recommendation, I have gone through the thread extensively to find an answer but seem to have missed it.

Cheers

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #38,635 of 75,871
I buy a lot of my earbud parts and cables from Chitty's Store on Aliexpress. He is great to communicate with and fast to ship things out

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #38,636 of 75,871
Happy new year!

Sadly my beloved yuin pk3 has stopped working. I liked not having to use a amp and ran them off my htc10 whilst walking to work.

Reading the threads here there seems to be a gap in the $20-50usd range for a yuin pk shell for earbuds. I'd love another pk shaped earbud as I love the fit and I'm happy to spend in that 20-50 range but not the $165 for e.g the shozy bk's which are commonly recommended. Nicehck don't seem to sell pk's currently from what I can tell.

Any thoughts? Sorry if I've missed a recommendation, I have gone through the thread extensively to find an answer but seem to have missed it.

Cheers

From NiceHCK store, I found DQSM Panda

In recent months, the other ones which have been talked about are Fengru DIY PK1 (this is 2.5 balanced so you will need an adapter if you don't have a balanced source) and Willsound PK16 / PK32 (contact Willsound on Facebook or order from Rholupat)

Hope that helps you with a few more options.

Jan 3, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #38,638 of 75,871
Yeah i thought better of it and decided not to buy them even though originally i had almost convinced myself to... If I was buying id have went directly to K's and look for their price direct to seller.

But honestly I came to my senses. I wasn't prepared to risk $460+ on an earbud i couldnt hear first, and to my knowledge that has no real solid warranty (like a 1-3 year long free repair etc) so in the end I decided to relax and stick to what I have right now.

If I could somehow hear it first and decide this is my perfect 'endgame' earbud then sure I'd probably have saved up and bought it. But there's too many risk factors as is.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #38,639 of 75,871
But honestly I came to my senses. I wasn't prepared to risk $460+ on an earbud i couldnt hear first, and to my knowledge that has no real solid warranty (like a 1-3 year long free repair etc) so in the end I decided to relax and stick to what I have right now.

Couldn't agree with you more. Dropping $500+- without reviews and audition is kinda crazy. (Not a problem if one has an unlimited budget)

If I could somehow hear it first and decide this is my perfect 'endgame' earbud then sure I'd probably have saved up and bought it. But there's too many risk factors as is.

I realised long ago that Endgame stuff is a myth in hifi audio. There's always newer stuff that will catch ya interest. Unless one stops coming to this site ever. Even if you take a few years break, once you start peeping again it's back to square one.

Just enjoy the journey......Life is short

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #38,640 of 75,871
On the contrary, I wish I could see more expensive earbuds coming. It implies that the earbud market is growing up. Money doesn't matter as far as It could reach my ideal sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back