Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 3, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #38,641 of 75,869
Thanks for the replies so far!

Here's some of the suggestions:
Chitty PK 16/32/150 ohm (3 options $23usd)
DSQM Panda ($15usd)
Fengru PK1 ($22usd) & (???PK2 $12usd)
Willsound pk16 ($40usd) /pk32 ($? not in stock on Rholupat)

Aside from price how can you compare any of these buds? Not finding many comparison reviews via search

Jan 3, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #38,642 of 75,869
Thanks for the replies so far!

Here's some of the suggestions:
Chitty PK 16/32/150 ohm (3 options $23usd)
DSQM Panda ($15usd)
Fengru PK1 ($22usd) & (???PK2 $12usd)
Willsound pk16 ($40usd) /pk32 ($? not in stock on Rholupat)

Aside from price how can you compare any of these buds? Not finding many comparison reviews via search

i don't know the state of the newest PK32, but the ones I've tried a while ago seems to have unstable sound from ootb and during burning period. maybe willy already perfected the tuning nowadays, but i haven't check yet.

the PK16 on the other hand is Etymotic ER4XR incarnate on earbuds form, well, a bit warmer, but still similar. definitely one of my favorite

Jan 3, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #38,643 of 75,869
Today's musical fun is via my new Late Fall Monk Plus. Cheers Lee.

20190103_110142.jpg

Jan 3, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #38,644 of 75,869
Does anyone know of any list (however small) of earbud frequency response graphs?
I'm trying to get an idea of how other buds tend to measure, or something close to how they 'should' measure, so I can get an idea of how accurate my test measurements are before I start recklessly posting them up.

Jan 3, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #38,645 of 75,869
Today's musical fun is via my new Late Fall Monk Plus. Cheers Lee.

Today seems like a good day for both of us!

I received my ZOE too... Now only waiting for the upgrade cables which I decided and ordered mere days later.

To think that I can finally re-acquaint with the ZOE again, which is now also discontinued, makes it even more special in my collection.

BTW how's the Fall Edition? :ksc75smile:

Jan 3, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #38,647 of 75,869
I have received the Snow Lotus 1.0 plus and it's very good. Very natural sound with good extension on both sides. On par with the EMX500 and R4YS, maybe better.

I see they are not available any more :frowning2: but the Snow Lotus 2 is.

Does anyone have the 2.0 and how does it compare to the 1.0 plus?

Jan 3, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #38,650 of 75,869
I just want to share that my experience with Wong was all good, I bought a pair of Dark Chocolate earbuds and later I asked him to please make some cable holder/winder for me and everything went fine.

I'm not taking sides, just wanted to share my experience.

Regards and happy new year to all.

How is Wong? Haven't bought a bud from him since a year ago. I imagine he has plenty of new buds by now.

This one looks spectacular - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqb1yHQgkU9/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Cypherus ZoomFred Pro in da house )))
Analog sound in my ears )))
Awesome winter mix )))

Should really buy these again, at least for a collection of my favorite buds.

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #38,654 of 75,869
On the contrary, I wish I could see more expensive earbuds coming. It implies that the earbud market is growing up. Money doesn't matter as far as It could reach my ideal sound quality.

I disagree, money does matter, even to the ones who have plenty of it and especially to those who have less. Would you recable your €15 buds with a €1000/metre cable if it gave you ideal sound quality? No you wouldn´t because you could get to 95% ideal for much less, more money doesn´t necessarily equal better sound quality, this is especially true with our beloved earbuds. When bud prices start getting into good headphone category, where in my opinion they can´t compete, we have a problem, I wish to see better sounding earbuds coming out not more expensive ones.

Jan 3, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #38,655 of 75,869
@Narayan23 : In the present, there are many earbuds stuff that would meet your criteria if you seek for cheap (less than 100 usd) but still high cost per performance ratio earbuds. Many people here could recommend you. However It is difficult for me to please those stuff and sound quality they offers. Many stuff that are better to me tend to be the flagship model level stuff. I believes there are many makers that produce stuff to serve customers in the segment you are, therefore you should be fine. But in high-end and high-price tag (more than 300 usd) segment, there are pretty few earbuds available. For your think-for-oneself question, I didn't do it yet because those stuff I tried are still not fit my liking. But in my country there are a few people who did that and they seem happy with the outcome. Last words I want to say is "The good ecology always has high biological diversity". Each person has different thought of purchasing is included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back