Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 29, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #32,491 of 75,855
@DBaldock9 would you happen to know how many ohms has Wong's black panther

No - don't remember what he said about it, on the "Earbuds Anonymous" Facebook group, when he introduced it.
But, I suspect that if it's fairly new, it's probably in the 32Ω - 150Ω range.

Jun 29, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #32,492 of 75,855
No - don't remember what he said about it, on the "Earbuds Anonymous" Facebook group, when he introduced it.

I was just searching the group for that info... found posts where he had introduced it but saw no specs. Guess who has one on the way (ordered anyway... maybe not on the way yet). I wonder if he provides tracking numbers.

Jun 29, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #32,493 of 75,855
They don't sound so good naked though, vocals sounded a little unnatural. I also got tired the white foam, felt like female vocals were hurting. Now I am trying the thin pads from VE I had lying around. Very nice balance...but I can feel that they will get scratchy soon :S

Edit: back to naked...needed more sexy upper mids...still want a little more violin and piano texture, but maybe it will come in as they burn in...
Put some clothes on, this is a respectable site! lol! Sorry couldn’t resist it :wink:

Jun 29, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #32,494 of 75,855
Jun 29, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #32,495 of 75,855
I was just searching the group for that info... found posts where he had introduced it but saw no specs. Guess who has one on the way (ordered anyway... maybe not on the way yet). I wonder if he provides tracking numbers.

If you want a tracking number, ask for one.
Wong was very social - answering a number of questions, via Facebook PM, when I was considering ordering the earbuds I bought - and also explaining how he used a modified Neutrik plug, to create the small profile right-angle 2.5mm TRRS plugs. He uses a "rubber" based epoxy, which is apparently available in Asia, but I haven't been able to track it down, here in the USA.

Jun 29, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #32,496 of 75,855
If you want a tracking number, ask for one.
Wong was very social - answering a number of questions, via Facebook PM, when I was considering ordering the earbuds I bought - and also explaining how he used a modified Neutrik plug, to create the small profile right-angle 2.5mm TRRS plugs. He uses a "rubber" based epoxy, which is apparently available in Asia, but I haven't been able to track it down, here in the USA.

My Black Panther will have a regular 3.5mm straight plug. I prefer straight plugs on all my gear but of course I often have no choice. Just works out better ergonomically for me. Really looking forward to them. The shell looks comfortable and I know I will like the sound.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #32,498 of 75,855
How about a "guesstimate" on the sensitivity rating (SPL dB/mW) of other Blur 300 Ω earbuds... anyone? This is in continuation to my other post here.

Before I read your linked post, I did a comparison with a few of my earbuds (that have published sensitivity specs), and I believe that my Wong Kuan Wae "Blur 魔音" (2.5TRRS) 300Ω is in the range of 105dB - 108dB /mW, being driven by the Balanced Output of my Onkyo DP-X1B.

Jun 30, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #32,499 of 75,855
Which blur did you order?
I ordered the Blur 美魔女 "Beautiful Witch" 300Ω with a 3.5mm plug; thanks again @capnjack for steering in me the "Blur" direction :wink:

Before I read your linked post, I did a comparison with a few of my earbuds (that have published sensitivity specs), and I believe that my Wong Kuan Wae "Blur 魔音" (2.5TRRS) 300Ω is in the range of 105dB - 108dB /mW, being driven by the Balanced Output of my Onkyo DP-X1B.
Sincerely appreciate your checking that out for me @DBaldock9; many thanks good man. I was thinking that I might need to get my O2 headphone amp back from my best friend in California but now with your information I think my DragonFly will be more than fine if the earbud is 105 dB or higher...

AudioQuest DragonFly Black 1.5 - Power Output & Impedance: 1.3 Vrms (1.85 Vmax; 3.68 Vp-p) @ 0.61 ohms
Blur 美魔女 "Beautiful Witch" 300 Ω - Impedance & Sensitivity: 300 ohms @ ~105 db/mW SPL (~110 dB/V SPL)

i.) DragonFly Black Power Output with Blur 美魔女 300 Ω: (1.3 Vrms * 1.3 Vrms)/300 ohms = 5.6 mW (Pmax)
ii.) SPL from Power for Blur 美魔女 300Ω & DragonFly Black: 105 dB/mW + 10 * LOG (5.6 mW Pmax) = 112.5 peak dB/mW
iii.) SPL from Voltage for Blur 美魔女 300Ω & DragonFly Black: 110 dB/V + 20 * LOG (1.3 Vrms) = 112.3 peak dB/V​

...Wong was very social - answering a number of questions, via Facebook PM, when I was considering ordering the earbuds I bought - and also explaining how he used a...
Concur, Wong has been extremely friendly and responsive with me as well; one can immediately tell how passionate he is about his earbuds!

@DBaldock9 would you happen to know how many ohms has Wong's black panther
...found posts where he had introduced it but saw no specs...
Below (attachment) is what Wong shared with me regarding his Black Panthers: I take it that "modified from docomo earbuds" means the Docomo DIY PK1 series which are 16 32 150Ω, that is if I am not grossly mistaken. Unfortunately, besides impedance I don't think he has much information as I asked him about the response and sensitivity of the Blur 美魔女 300Ω that I ordered and he quickly and honestly replied that he didn't have those exact specs. I wonder what drivers he is using and from where... China, Taiwan, or Japan??? I thought about asking him but refrained as I didn't want to come across as a "cheeky monkey".

IMG_20180630_140757.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #32,501 of 75,855
Finally, everything fits really nicely in a case! I don't have to carry two cases around!
KIMG0922.JPG
KIMG0923.JPG

I have been listening almost semi-nonstop to the MK2 since yesterday. I carry the player in my shirt pocket now and it is just long enough.

I went back to the Yincrow X6 and noticed a lot of details were missing in the low end I never noticed before! Looks like I ruined another pair of buds.

The MK2 reminds me of my A900s, without the super hot cups. I enjoy them, and will probably get the pk32 soon! They are absolutely amazing, but I want more mids with the same extension and detail, so I can concentrate on lyrics more easily.

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #32,502 of 75,855
Finally, everything fits really nicely in a case! I don't have to carry two cases around!

I keep seeing photos of that little purple thing in multiple threads... why do I want it? Maybe because it is so cute and so purple:) I already have several daps and two of them are small...the Hidizs AP60 II and the Ruizu A50.

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #32,503 of 75,855
I keep seeing photos of that little purple thing in multiple threads... why do I want it? Maybe because it is so cute and so purple:) I already have several daps and two of them are small...the Hidizs AP60 II and the Ruizu A50.

It's my first dap, but it was either that with the clip case or the radsone earstudio...with kids it's important to keep out of their little arm's reach!
That being said, it is pretty awesome. I have a crappy phone, so it sounds much better than what I had before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back