Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 30, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #32,521 of 75,756
Guys, I was talking to Wong about his line-up and he recommended trying the BP for the ‘Blur sound’
He could’ve recommended others and I would’ve been non the wiser. I tried it and it’s a regular in my bag for a 3.5se bud! I now have the White Chocolate in 2.5trrs as my go to, and yes it’s a better bud, but at about twice the price point. I’m sure you guys will love the BP it is a really great sounding bud imho.

If you ask anyone to recommend something to check the sound signature of the VE buds i dont think anyone will recommend the 150$ Zen but the way cheaper Monk+ ( or Monk Lite ) so I think its fairly normal for him to recommend his entry level priced earbuds.

Dont get me wrong, everyone said good things about the BP, just that its a modded Docomo, akin to the Vido and Yincrow x6.

Jun 30, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #32,522 of 75,756
If you ask anyone to recommend something to check the sound signature of the VE buds i dont think anyone will recommend the 150$ Zen but the way cheaper Monk+ ( or Monk Lite ) so I think its fairly normal for him to recommend his entry level priced earbuds.

Dont get me wrong, everyone said good things about the BP, just that its a modded Docomo, akin to the Vido and Yincrow x6.
I have all 3 of those buds, but as good as the vido and x6 are, they're not a patch on the BP imho. Wong could have pointed me to any of his buds, but after we chatted about what sort of sound I was looking for we decided they would be best for my tastes.

Jun 30, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #32,523 of 75,756

You say "Docomo and Vido and Yincrow x6 are similar".
I had all "original" three of them. (Since Yincrow x6 overlaps with Vido, I returned it.)
So, I can not think that you have Docomo.
Vido and Yincrow x6 is Earbuds just for Bass-Head , but I know that Docomo has sound quality comparable to Shozy Cygnus.
But if mod is destroying Docomo, the story is different ...

Jun 30, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #32,524 of 75,756
I have all 3 of those buds, but as good as the vido and x6 are, they're not a patch on the BP imho. Wong could have pointed me to any of his buds, but after we chatted about what sort of sound I was looking for we decided they would be best for my tastes.

I was never trying to say that the vido or x6 can come close to the BP, i was pointing them as an example since the x6 is using vido drivers. I didnt question the quality of the buds...i am just saying what they are, modded Docomos, not that theres anything bad with them.

Jun 30, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #32,525 of 75,756
You say "Docomo and Vido and Yincrow x6 are similar".
I had all "original" three of them. (Since Yincrow x6 overlaps with Vido, I returned it.)
So, I can not think that you have Docomo.
Vido and Yincrow x6 is Earbuds just for Bass-Head , but I know that Docomo has sound quality comparable to Shozy Cygnus.
But if mod is destroying Docomo, the story is different ...

Read my post again, maybe my english is bad and I cant express myself clear enough, they are similar in that the x6 uses vido drivers and the BP is basically a modded Docomo. Not that those 3 are similar.

Jun 30, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #32,527 of 75,756
...Wong could have pointed me to any of his buds, but after we chatted about what sort of sound I was looking for we decided they would be best for my tastes.
Same for me. After thoroughly discussing my listening preference, volume, and music genre, Wong thoughtfully recommended his Blur 美魔女 "Beautiful Witch" 300Ω.

Jun 30, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #32,529 of 75,756
I was never trying to say that the vido or x6 can come close to the BP, i was pointing them as an example since the x6 is using vido drivers. I didnt question the quality of the buds...i am just saying what they are, modded Docomos, not that theres anything bad with them.
No, I agree with you that the BP is a modded Docomo and I personally prefer it to the other 2.
However if you talk to Wong he will tell you that he is all about the sound quality as will tune his buds to your preferred sound or recommend the best one to your taste. I have recabled my own vidos and the sound does improve over the stock cable, but still it’s not as good. Again though, we all have different taste and hear things differently and this is just my opinion.

Jun 30, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #32,531 of 75,756
I'm just about to recable my vidos, mire power to us
SPC cable would be my recommendation, maybe even 2.5 balanced too depending on your choice of dap.

Jun 30, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #32,532 of 75,756
@DAndrew I have read your posts and words like "akin" say they are practically the same when that is not true

What I meant with that was that the situation is the same, the x6 uses vido drivers and the BP uses docomo drivers. English is not my first language and I may not express myself correctly, sorry about that

Jun 30, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #32,533 of 75,756
No, I agree with you that the BP is a modded Docomo and I personally prefer it to the other 2.
However if you talk to Wong he will tell you that he is all about the sound quality as will tune his buds to your preferred sound or recommend the best one to your taste. I have recabled my own vidos and the sound does improve over the stock cable, but still it’s not as good. Again though, we all have different taste and hear things differently and this is just my opinion.

Yeah he is really a great seller and I love the Blur 300. After a CAX earbud his brass Blur is my next purchase

Jun 30, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #32,534 of 75,756
To be honest I do not have a Docomo, have no idea what they sound like and now I bow out gracefully. I just hate disinformation and the other stuff. Rock on

Jun 30, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #32,535 of 75,756
Yeah he is really a great seller and I love the Blur 300. After a CAX earbud his brass Blur is my next purchase
That’ll be a costly earbud! :) Worth it though I suspect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back