Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 30, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #32,536 of 75,756
I love blur earbuds. I have a 4.4 chocolate blurs, 32ohm blurs and black Panthers. The black panther is a great introduction and opens up a lot after some burning in. I think I may get some white chocolate in the future

Jun 30, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #32,539 of 75,756
Hey guys, any recommendations for earbuds that are analog sounding with clear and transparent mids and sweet treble? Budget can go up to $100 and I will pair it with the Hiby R3, so 2.5 balanced buds are definitely welcome.
If Willsound PK32 can ordered with a balanced cable (think it can) that might be a good one to consider. Sweet treble and analog mids, clear and detailed. Can’t comment on the bass until I get my second pair but many others enjoyed it!

Jun 30, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #32,540 of 75,756
Anyone else here own the K's Black Ling? (I know ClieOS does but that's to be expected haha)

I feel like I'm isolated on an island of audio goodness and with no one to compare my opinion of this earbud with :)) After EQ + foam mods it's my favourite earbud hands down. I know it's expensive so itwon't be as common but I was hoping someone else had it to compare to their other TOTL's.

I ran into a weird situation with the mids being way off the mark tonally out of the box, dunno if i had dodgy tuning or it's just the K's house sound but I needed to apply drastic EQ'ing to the mids to get it sounding natural (with my MK2 and Mojito as a reference).

IMG_1005.JPG

You can probably see in that picture how specific an area I had to EQ down, other than that it's got an amazingl balanced signature with modded AE thin foams. So someone has gotta buy one so we can form an appreciation group for this earbud :)

@ClieOS we spoke awhile back about the issues I was hving with my Ling now completely fixed with the EQ above. Any chance you can run this quick test on youtube

when you get a chance and let me know if the tone peaks majorly from 1khz to 2khz? That's the area that was extremely peaked on my ling. Thanks.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #32,541 of 75,756
I disnt say you had to worry, just gave some details on them is all

I had just shared that I was excited to have the Black Panther on the way and you basically said I had made a poor choice in selecting them. You have not even heard them. I know I will like them. You have not heard a Willsound but you are certain that Blurs are better. Whether or not they are is not the point. You would have to hear them first before making that judgement. "Better" is very subjective anyway. People have different preferences, different music , different ears.

Anyway, why not just enjoy it all? Does it always have to be a competition? Personally, I enjoy and adapt to various sound signatures.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #32,542 of 75,756
Anyone else here own the K's Black Ling? (I know ClieOS does but that's to be expected haha)

I feel like I'm isolated on an island of audio goodness and with no one to compare my opinion of this earbud with :)) After EQ + foam mods it's my favourite earbud hands down. I know it's expensive so itwon't be as common but I was hoping someone else had it to compare to their other TOTL's.

I ran into a weird situation with the mids being way off the mark tonally out of the box, dunno if i had dodgy tuning or it's just the K's house sound but I needed to apply drastic EQ'ing to the mids to get it sounding natural (with my MK2 and Mojito as a reference).

You can probably see in that picture how specific an area I had to EQ down, other than that it's got an amazingl balanced signature with modded AE thin foams. So someone has gotta buy one so we can form an appreciation group for this earbud :)

@ClieOS we spoke awhile back about the issues I was hving with my Ling now completely fixed with the EQ above. Any chance you can run this quick test on youtube

when you get a chance and let me know if the tone peaks majorly from 1khz to 2khz? That's the area that was extremely peaked on my ling. Thanks.

Huh, tested the signal frequency of the MK2 compared to my ER4XRs, below 40Hz they don't have much. I know it's not fair, price and tech being completely different, but the ER4XRs sound like an airplane going off or an earthquake, while the MK2s just rumble a little. After 40Hz though, the bass is similar.
Now I can't take the ER4s out anymore...I wonder if I will ever find an earbud that sounds this good :S

Jun 30, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #32,543 of 75,756
Now I can't take the ER4s out anymore...I wonder if I will ever find an earbud that sounds this good :S

Can you get a backup pair or is it too old?

Jun 30, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #32,545 of 75,756
I meant to say, "now that I have put the ER4(XR)s in my ears, I can't take them out to listen to the MK2s anymore. I wish I could find an earbud that pleases me in sound signature and quality as much as these IEMs do."

Lol...I thought you meant you had to protect and preserve them because they were so awesome. I find it is best to not compare buds with iems. I just appreciate each for what it is.

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #32,548 of 75,756
Huh, tested the signal frequency of the MK2 compared to my ER4XRs, below 40Hz they don't have much. I know it's not fair, price and tech being completely different, but the ER4XRs sound like an airplane going off or an earthquake, while the MK2s just rumble a little. After 40Hz though, the bass is similar.

my MK2 rev1 have bigger bass than the ER4XR in term of volume. in terms of lower extension, usually iems would go deeper than their earbuds brothers because of the deeper insertion and better isolation, but i feel the MK2 have enough rumble to vibrate the ears. granted, yes, the rev 2 does have lesser bass than the rev1. if the ER4XR sounds like earthquake you should try the TFZ or other dynamic driver iems :o2smile:

Other head Shaker earbuds that i have would be the vido, Svara-L, blox B200, and puresound ps100-500 with a good amp

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #32,549 of 75,756
For you who is such a Sub-Bass-Head, I strongly recommend Vido or Shozy Cygnus as buds.

I have the Yincrow X6. I heard they are a rebrand of the Vido. Is that true?
my MK2 rev1 have bigger bass than the ER4XR in term of volume. in terms of lower extension, usually iems would go deeper than their earbuds brothers because of the deeper insertion and better isolation, but i feel the MK2 have enough rumble to vibrate the ears. granted, yes, the rev 2 does have lesser bass than the rev1. if the ER4XR sounds like earthquake you should try the TFZ or other dynamic driver iems :o2smile:

Other head Shaker earbuds that i have would be the vido, Svara-L, blox B200, and puresound ps100-500 with a good amp

I think the MK2 has bigger mid-bass overall...but from 20-40hz the ER4XR with the beige foams destroys everything else I have in terms of volume and power!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back