Earbuds Round-Up
May 31, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #31,681 of 75,163
@snip3r77 received my Willsound today. I was wondering if Rholupat sent to me mk3 instead of Mk2 because shell is black. Your picture made me realized the jack are different
I hope this is really Mk2 through

I suppose he went out of parts and made them in black shells instead. The 3.5mm plug is still silver, so it's a sign that it should be a MK2. The MK3 comes with a black plug.

May 31, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #31,683 of 75,163
@snip3r77 received my Willsound today. I was wondering if Rholupat sent to me mk3 instead of Mk2 because shell is black. Your picture made me realized the jack are different
I hope this is really Mk2 through

unless he sent you the MK2 rev1 like mine (which is black).. better make sure and contact Adhi Rholupat for confirmation

May 31, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #31,690 of 75,163
Nice they seem interesting wanna hear impressions when you get em, did you get any willsounds to compare to?

I have the MK1 Rev 2 to compare them to, will be doing a full run-down once I receive them. Wong's informed me they've already been burned in a bit :)

May 31, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #31,691 of 75,163
The 'discussion' posts on that massdrop page are hilarious

"Please people. I just bought a pair of Campfire Comets for $200. Beautifully made, high quality single BA driver iem. Don’t encourage this rip-offery by buying this product made with a few dollars worth of Ali-express junk parts. They may “sound” amazing, but by buying something like this, we as an audio community condone and encourage overly high pricing for sub-standard quality products. I won’t do it."

Not totally wrong :thinking:

+1

Funny, I was about to write a quick impressions/review of the ZoomFred and Darth Blue I got from Cypherus Audio. And the first point I wanted to make (which is not only limited to Cypherus but all my TOTL earbuds) is that the crappy packaging/accessory bundle is quickly becoming unacceptable. If $15 EMX500 and $250+ ZoomFred come with the same accessories and that toss-away "travel case", very soon I'll be quoting Big Sean.

May 31, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #31,692 of 75,163
+1

Funny, I was about to write a quick impressions/review of the ZoomFred and Darth Blue I got from Cypherus Audio. And the first point I wanted to make (which is not only limited to Cypherus but all my TOTL earbuds) is that the ****ty packaging/accessory bundle is quickly becoming unacceptable. If $15 EMX500 and $250+ ZoomFred come with the same accessories and that toss-away "travel case", very soon I'll be quoting Big Sean.

who is big sean?

May 31, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #31,693 of 75,163
luckily he didn't sent the MK1 rev2 also, or i might have to buy all MK :o2smile:

Those that has the WillSound MKx, how far these babies are from ToTL?

I'm listening now without burning and it's NOT even funny. Just WOW. Mids are popping and very life like. I think @WillSound planted some weed with the dynamic drivers. Next stop would be detachable cables. Hear us?

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #31,695 of 75,163
+1

Funny, I was about to write a quick impressions/review of the ZoomFred and Darth Blue I got from Cypherus Audio. And the first point I wanted to make (which is not only limited to Cypherus but all my TOTL earbuds) is that the ****ty packaging/accessory bundle is quickly becoming unacceptable. If $15 EMX500 and $250+ ZoomFred come with the same accessories and that toss-away "travel case", very soon I'll be quoting Big Sean.

accessories aside, how does the EMX500 and the Zoomfred do in difference of sound quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back