Earbuds Round-Up
May 31, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #31,697 of 75,270
Those that has the WillSound MKx, how far these babies are from ToTL?

I'm listening now without burning and it's NOT even funny. Just WOW. Mids are popping and very life like. I think @WillSound planted some weed with the dynamic drivers. Next stop would be detachable cables. Here us?

like i always said (and i do still stand by my opinion), i like the MK1 and 2 better than the K's TOTL (and even the Poseidon), and i like the PK32 better than any other Yuin shell buds. give it some more burn time, you will be more pleased by it)

May 31, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #31,699 of 75,270
accessories aside, how does the EMX500 and the Zoomfred do in difference of sound quality?

I'm still waiting to give it the full 200 hr burn in Herry recommended before I make any definitive statements about the sound. But OOTB I've noticed bigger stage/better separation (even for song with a tight arrangement), a little less bass but definitely tighter/more controlled, also the mids don't feel as recessed but definitely still slightly v- or u-shaped.

May 31, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #31,700 of 75,270
Ok, I'm listening my PK32 since 1 hour after it's first 7 hours of burning : I'm still very deceived by it. There is absolutely NO bass at all. I decided to put Heigi full thick foams to remedy on that and put +2db on infra-bass on Foobar2000 and still NO bass. I'm wondering if my pair is defect or if it's normal? it is probably the most bass-left earbud that I did tried for many years.
At least, I recognize the gorgeous natural sound from Willsound, but upper-mids are much forwarded and highs are ok but still not yet impressive to my ears. It lacks clarity and definition. PK32 clearly sounds like V-shaped reversed. Soundstage is also also not very large.
Problem is that it's not a problem of Yuin shells, as I owned Yuin PK1 in the past and it was one of my better bass quality earbuds ever.
I found listening to PK32 is a tiring experience, giving me a beginning of headache.
It is more designed for vocals only. It is not an exciting earbud.
Other than that, the build quality is excellent and beautiful (really good looking with full white Heigi foams).

Definitely PK32 is not the sound I'm looking for.
I will let them burn for few days but if the sound does not change I will put them for sale, if anyone is interested.

May 31, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #31,702 of 75,270
Ok, I'm listening my PK32 since 1 hour after it's first 7 hours of burning : I'm still very deceived by it. There is absolutely NO bass at all. I decided to put Heigi full thick foams to remedy on that and put +2db on infra-bass on Foobar2000 and still NO bass. I'm wondering if my pair is defect or if it's normal? it is probably the most bass-left earbud that I did tried for many years.
At least, I recognize the gorgeous natural sound from Willsound, but upper-mids are much forwarded and highs are ok but still not yet impressive to my ears. It lacks clarity and definition. PK32 clearly sounds like V-shaped reversed. Soundstage is also also not very large.
Problem is that it's not a problem of Yuin shells, as I owned Yuin PK1 in the past and it was one of my better bass quality earbuds ever.
I found listening to PK32 is a tiring experience, giving me a beginning of headache.
Other than that, the build quality is excellent and beautiful (really good looking with full white Heigi foams).

I will let them burn for few days but if the sound does not change I will put them for sale, if anyone is interested.

Considering how much @chinmie likes his pk32's, and based on how much bass @Guggga says the pk32's have, something certainly seems amiss with your pair.

May 31, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #31,703 of 75,270
Considering how much @chinmie likes his pk32's, and based on how much bass @Guggga says the pk32's have, something certainly seems amiss with your pair.
I’ll try my best to chime in to when I get mine, was shipped on wednesday so hopefully that’ll be soon enough!

If it is a bad unit contacting Willsound might be a good idea?

May 31, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #31,704 of 75,270

the PK32 should sound bassiest in the beginning and would lessen on the midbass after burn in, but the bass should still be deep. it should not be reverse V shaped with no bass like that. try contact willy to discuss this

if i may, what is your other earbuds/iems/headphonea you currently use for reference?

May 31, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #31,705 of 75,270
I just got some Monk lites today. The 40ohms as they are mostly for my phone. I really like the sound! Considerably more clarity than the monk + with a larger stage and more definition of instruments. Generally more “energetic”. Not as much bass, but the bass is more defined. Fun buds...I like the fit of the smaller shell quite a bit too...

May 31, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #31,706 of 75,270
I just got some Monk lites today. The 40ohms as they are mostly for my phone. I really like the sound! Considerably more clarity than the monk + with a larger stage and more definition of instruments. Generally more “energetic”. Not as much bass, but the bass is more defined. Fun buds...I like the fit of the smaller shell quite a bit too...

You should try the 120ohm version! It's not that hard to drive even with it's higher impedance rating. Much better than the 40ohm.

Jun 1, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #31,707 of 75,270

PK32 must be basshead after 10-20 hours burned and best after 100 hours burned.

Jun 1, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #31,709 of 75,270
Thanks everybody for your suggestions, appreciated :)

if i may, what is your other earbuds/iems/headphonea you currently use for reference?
Mainly: Willsound MK2 rev2, MK1 rev2 (sold recently but can still remember well). If it can help I still have the following to compare : EMX500S, Edifier H180, VE Monk (rev1)
Can you please tell me what difference you really feel between those models in bass domain? because to me it's like 2 different worlds yet.

PK32 must be basshead after 10-20 hours burned and best after 100 hours burned.
Thank you very much for your reply, I will let them burn for at least 150 hours and I will report back :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back