Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 8, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #30,061 of 75,244
I always use Ethy Alcohol 70% v/v for wiping glasses, earbuds, iem, etc. They are fine without issue. In my experience, please avoid nail polish remover as same as Mrs. doggiemom mentioned.

Canadian Rye Whiskey works wonders :)

Apr 8, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #30,062 of 75,244
Canadian Rye Whiskey works wonders :)
Is that for cleansing the throat? :)

On another topic... Wayne what is the power like on the radstone earstudio? Can it drive high impendance earbuds in either SE or BAL?

Not for myself (although I should have just got it when you said I didn’t realise it was only $49... amazing value!) but for someone else in mind :)

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #30,063 of 75,244

I'm not sure exactly why or how it works. But after using it, everything sounds just a little bit better :ksc75smile:

Apr 8, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #30,065 of 75,244

On another topic... Wayne what is the power like on the radstone earstudio? Can it drive high impendance earbuds in either SE or BAL?

Not for myself (although I should have just got it when you said I didn’t realise it was only $49... amazing value!) but for someone else in mind :)

Yes it can

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #30,066 of 75,244

If it was $49, that must have been at the beginning of their kickstarter campaign, which would have been pretty much the equivalent of getting the BK's for $49 lol. It's still amazing value at the retail price of $99 (that I bought mine for), and is definitely one of the best "price to joy" quotient audio gizmo's I've bought.

Anyway, like chinmie says, yes it can drive high impedance earbuds. I don't know how it does it (Canadian Rye Whiskey perhaps?), but it easily drives the 320ohm Zen 1's in SE mode to very loud volumes, and even the 600ohm AKG Sextetts which at full volume on my S7 & Radsone, is as loud as I want it, and which somehow sounds amazingy good.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #30,067 of 75,244
If it was $49, that must have been at the beginning of their kickstarter campaign, which would have been pretty much the equivalent of getting the BK's for $49 lol. It's still amazing value at the retail price of $99 (that I bought mine for), and is definitely one of the best "price to joy" audio gizmo's I've bought.

Anyway, like chinmie says, yes it can drive high impedance earbuds. I don't know how it does it (Canadian Rye Whiskey perhaps?), but it easily drives the 320ohm Zen 1's in SE mode to very loud volumes, and even the 600ohm AKG Sextetts which at full volume on my S7 & Radsone, is as loud as I want it, and which somehow sounds amazingy good.

+1 It drives my 300 ohm blurs, samsara, er4's(iem), even my he-500's and other full size cans. Fantastic device...

Apr 9, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #30,068 of 75,244
If it was $49, that must have been at the beginning of their kickstarter campaign, which would have been pretty much the equivalent of getting the BK's for $49 lol. It's still amazing value at the retail price of $99 (that I bought mine for), and is definitely one of the best "price to joy" quotient audio gizmo's I've bought.

Probably going to end up getting it to compliment my R6. I love the design on it. For me it just needs to power all my buds and it’ll serve it’s purpose nicely.

Speaking of vintage cans I was enjoying my HD540’s last night through my V20. Audio heaven... Well almost, still need to get them a balanced cable for my R6, inner foam filters are arriving soon and apply the filter paper for a slight high frequency dampening.

But the detail and timbre of these things... just amazing. I heard from a fellow who owns them that they were in a league with the K240 Sextetts and DT880 Monitors of the time. Three legendary headphones :)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #30,072 of 75,244
Thanks mate. That looks interesting. I'll check it out. Very convenience device with bluethooth and 2.5mm balanced out.
Yep that was what intrigued me 2.5mm in that little device and the size being small enough to just stick in my pocket when I wanna listen to music on the go with my iphone 6s or attach to my clothes for workouts.

When Wayne first suggested it I wasn’t looking for a separate device but it turns out the size and convenience of it makes it ideal over any wired dac amp for phones in my eyes.

Apr 9, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #30,073 of 75,244
For every moment you crave steak or lobster, eat meatballs instead. Repeat 10x.

The truly dedicated think in earbuds instead of currency. 1 lobster = 15 monk+? 1 months rent = 4 Mojitos + 6 DIY graphenes for utilities.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #30,075 of 75,244
Yep that was what intrigued me 2.5mm in that little device and the size being small enough to just stick in my pocket when I wanna listen to music on the go with my iphone 6s or attach to my clothes for workouts.

When Wayne first suggested it I wasn’t looking for a separate device but it turns out the size and convenience of it makes it ideal over any wired dac amp for phones in my eyes.

Yeeesss.. Buuuyy theeeem....:ghost:

20180409_191421-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back