Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 9, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #25,861 of 75,149
Oh it’s an NX1s amp, I have one of those that I don’t have a use for and was thinking of selling it along with my fiio i1 iphone dac.

If anyone is interested I’ll list it in a day or two, just never got around to it yet!

Dec 9, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #25,862 of 75,149
That is my Cayin N3 stacked with a Topping NX1s amp. That case which come with the N3 is more of a true red in most lighting... not quite so orangy. It is made of silicone and matches whichever color player you buy (red, cyan or black). I really like it..., the player and the case. The little amp is only a few days old... I got it to experiment with using my higher impedance headphones with the Cayin because the Cayin has become my favorite most used player. In my profile you will see what else I have. I probably don't need the amp with the graphenes but a little extra power never hurts. It had set it up like that because I had received the EB200 yesterday and figured they would need some driving power. There are, of course, more powerful amps. I just like how small and light this one is. New toy.

I have not listened with the graphenes yet... they only arrived a couple of hours ago and I have been busy with a few things... including taking photographs:) They are the new graphenes. I do expect to like them despite what a couple of people have said.. They look pretty. The cable is nice. The red foams were already on them when they arrived... in their nice NiceHKC case.

Now... time to make a cup of tea and listen to some music!
If you wanna test out the midrange/vocals (a criticism of the original graphene’s by me and some others) may I suggest the album Sun Leads Me On - Half Moon Run which I think will really test the midrange and timbre of the graphene’s and vocals also. Plus it’s (imo) a very good album released this year (or last year?).

Either way giveus your impressions of the new graphene buds when you get a chance :)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #25,863 of 75,149
If you wanna test out the midrange/vocals (a criticism of the original graphene’s by me and some others) may I suggest the album Sun Leads Me On - Half Moon Run which I think will really test the midrange and timbre of the graphene’s and vocals also. Plus it’s (imo) a very good album released this year (or last year?).

Either way giveus your impressions of the new graphene buds when you get a chance :)

Thanks for the tip. I am always more interested in finding new music than in finding new gear. Just googled. Definitely the type of band that I tend to like. I will check them out when I can. Meanwhile I have more than enough to choose from. Just know that if these graphenes are good, I will just get lost in the music and will not be thinking of mids, highs, lows...timbre of course will influence that but as I am not a trained musician, I will not be able to actually describe it.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #25,865 of 75,149
I just realized the earbuds stick to each other perhaps the magnetic effect on the driver, I put all my earbud in one plastic container and I realize all my earbuds stick to each other, does it will causing bad effect to my earbud for long term? sorry for stupid question , it just bothered me (why i didnt put separetly? because there isnt enough space)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #25,870 of 75,149
I just realized the earbuds stick to each other perhaps the magnetic effect on the driver, I put all my earbud in one plastic container and I realize all my earbuds stick to each other, does it will causing bad effect to my earbud for long term? sorry for stupid question , it just bothered me (why i didnt put separetly? because there isnt enough space)
I don’t think there’s any problem with that, happens to me with all drivers especially headphone drivers, never had an issue with the sound after.

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #25,871 of 75,149

Dynamic drivers have a magnet and one electromagnet (the coil wire that is connected to the membrane). When there is no electricity going through wires, those wires do not behave as a magnet, meaning that any other magnet can not do anything to it, aside from regular metal in magnet field interaction which is negligible.
When you put 2 dynamic drivers close, their magnets react depending on the distance, but membranes do not move and therefore nothing can be damaged (this goes when music isn't playing). If music is playing then it's more complicated but the only realistic thing with earbuds is the slight change in the sound while 2 drivers are very close because membrane's electromagnet is in 2 magnetic fields which is obviously not intended.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #25,872 of 75,149
I am really enjoying the Moondrop Nameless earbuds that I received a few days ago as one of my 11.11 purchases. After a days worth of burn in, they are quite impressive for the cash. A really wide and spacious sound presentation and very life-like representation of vocals and instruments.
Doesn’t even take a second to get into “head space” with these. If this is any indication of the Moondrop sound, I’m heading straight down Liebshlibelllllied (or whatever’s) street!

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #25,874 of 75,149
I think I mentioned this before, but I am really enjoying the Seahf 150C's off of the Walut V2 (Burson v5i opamp). Just a beautiful sound.

20171209_153336_resized.jpg

A tune that I'm enjoying with the combo at the moment...

Elbow, Little Fictions (sorry, couldn't find a higher quality recording)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #25,875 of 75,149
I am really enjoying the Moondrop Nameless earbuds that I received a few days ago as one of my 11.11 purchases. After a days worth of burn in, they are quite impressive for the cash. A really wide and spacious sound presentation and very life-like representation of vocals and instruments.
Doesn’t even take a second to get into “head space” with these. If this is any indication of the Moondrop sound, I’m heading straight down Liebshlibelllllied (or whatever’s) street!
At least you figured your upgrade path :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back