Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 22, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #24,016 of 75,148
I have received NiceHCK DIY Graphene MX760.
Now, I will compare 4 of
TY Hi-Z HP-150s(150s) / NiceHCK Graphene MX760(MX760) / EMX500(EMX500) / NiceHCK PK2s(PK2s).

Bass: 150s=EMX500>MX760>PK2s
Mids: EMX500=MX760=PK2s>150s
Treble: 150s=MX760>EMX500=PK2s
SoundStage: 150s>MX760>EMX500=PK2s

In terms of sound quality, below.
MX760 is similar to Shozy BK and a clear treble added.
EMX500 has deep bass.
TY HP-150s has good SoundStage.
PK2s has good SoundBalance.

If you need to choose only one, I recommend Graphene MX760 for sound quality which is similar to Shozy BK and a clear treble added.
If you like a deep bass and cost performance, I recommend EMX500.
If you like good SoundBalance or your ear hole is small, I recommend PK2s.
If you like good SoundStage or V shaped SoundBalance, I recommend TY HP-150s.

TY Hi-Z HP-150s(150s) / NiceHCK Graphene MX760(MX760) / EMX500(EMX500) / NiceHCK PK2s(PK2s)

Very informative! Thanks.

Oct 22, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #24,018 of 75,148
EB36.jpg

JTS WM-42
Plextone X30mw
Plextone X33m
Z&W Panda (PK2S) Balanced

EB37.jpg

匠音 双动圈平头塞 (dual dynamic)
Toneking Unicorn
调音师 / 宏韵电声 HY1000 (方丈)
Z&W Panda (PK2S)
Impressions on the PK2S and Unicorn?

How do they compare to Graphene/DIY PK2 and what's the sound signature?

If you're not too busy :)

Oct 22, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #24,019 of 75,148
Speaking of Indonesian earbuds, have anyone tried compared Raven mk2 with something like Edimun V3, Red/Blue Demun, ABnormal, Kanzenoka? Any input would be appreciated..
I only tried sabia anniversary ,sabia v2 and kanzenoka yin yang p1.2 , and i pre ordered abnormal duotress it wil come about 2 weeks, well im not good about impression sabia aniv good at mid and high and at good soundstage, sabia v2 its about bright , yin yang warm forward mid and sweet mid

Oct 22, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #24,022 of 75,148
thats looks nice!!
I'm gonna get something like that myself for my collection, that way it's practical and on display in my room :)

Plus you can see what's what without opening every compartment!

Oct 22, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #24,024 of 75,148
Impressions on the PK2S and Unicorn?

How do they compare to Graphene/DIY PK2 and what's the sound signature?

If you're not too busy :)

Someone on Earbuds Anonymous did a detailed comparison of the Graphene vs PK2S. If you don't use Facebook, I will quote it here.
Graphene MX760 vs PK2S

Treble: Graphene is a more competent performer and produce some kind of rare attributes in order to extend the brilliance with great resolving power compared to PK2S. Some people however will be having problem with the extension of Graphene thus can opt for the more polite PK2S. The Graphene is more of showing off character whilst PK2S is more of relaxation and engage people in order let it sit down and listen to it all day without having a possibility to ear-fatigue.

Mids: I would give a slight edge on the Graphene as it does strings, bow, woodwinds with more body and proper decay than PK2S for my taste. Piano strikes are almost on par between both. Female and male vocals produced by PK2S are with great body and often people prefer this type of vocal than I would associate with Graphene. PK2S do produce a decent extension on each instruments and vocals nicely until at one point (usually 3-7khz), it is a borderline bright-ish character start to take over. Might bug some people but if it persists and bugs one, a stock full foam ( thicker than Monks+ foam ) would rectify the problem. Graphene however is a no slouch performer either. Preference is the 'key'.

Bass: Graphene produced more snappier , tighter and bolder bass impact than PK2S usually does. It does extends down lower than PK2S and offer more grip on the driver whenever bass lines hit the ground. I for one, much prefer bass on the Graphene more than PK2S. It is not night and day preference though. And yeah, only 'preference'.

Dynamics: Micro and Macro-dynamics are better and slams harder on the leading edge for Graphene. Micro dynamics is something that Graphene can do subtly better than PK2S. Its hard to judge but side by side comparison made it quite obvious with tracks packed with microdynamics and leave a gap between PK2S and Graphene.

Soundstage: Graphene is slightly wider than PK2S, PK2S do not produce a great depth which Graphene is able to render. Stability in height, I would give a slight edge on Graphene. It can differentiates which instruments should be located more accurately than just a right or left panning. On that reason, Graphene deserve to be crowned as more 3D than slight 2D presence of PK2S.

Imaging: PK2S is pretty intimate in producing sound. Though its soundstage is not as wide as Graphene, they image a very well proportion of imaging and soundstaging. Pretty decent manner of imaging and do not clump together as one inseperable blob. Graphene is different from PK2S in which it presents itself in a bit laid back vocals. They image better still than PK2S in my standards. More air and open feeling on Graphene. Both are pretty vivid and cohesive though.

Separation: Both are almost on par. They separates each notes pretty well and nice. If I give a slight edge to Graphene, would that be a problem if its the case here? I hope not!

Sharpness: Macro details extracted by both Graphene and PK2S are very well respected. Its not better than the other. However, ever so slightly, Graphene extracts a bit more information on micro details/ levels than PK2S.

Tonality: Well, both are different in tonality. Aggresive vs Polite. Silk vs Butter. Delta Sigma vs R2R Dac. Graphene is a more aggresive manner and revealing while PK2S is a more polite and not really a shy boy either. PK2S is more of a guy that you need to know more in depth and they will show what they can do and starts to appreciate. While Graphene is more of egocentric and show-off kind of guy that you always feel amuse by from the get go. However, both are reasonably balanced signature. Love them both with their each commandable strengths.

This is only based on my testing and preference. Which one I do prefer is the more suitable to my liking only. YMMV

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #24,027 of 75,148
So ****ing organized. Yuck.

Kidding.:smile_phones:

I cannot use the conversive word for monkeys getting it on? Aww headfi, why be so prude?
You think that's organised? you should see my level of OCD tidiness when it comes to my prized possessions :D

Albeit everything seems to get messed up the next go d d amn day LMAO

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #24,028 of 75,148
I have mine in a little flight case:

I have added labels to mine like that too...except for cases that are already labeled by the manufacturer. I got tired of unzipping them to see what is in them. I do remember some based on the color of the case.

I think I need to label some of my headphone cases as well.

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #24,029 of 75,148
You think that's organised? you should see my level of OCD tidiness when it comes to my prized possessions :D

Albeit everything seems to get messed up the next go d d amn day LMAO

Pictures?

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #24,030 of 75,148
Matter of interest what are the blue and red demun earphones like and also the raven mk2? I am also wondering about the edimun v3. Do any of you have any information about these.
I like sound of blue De'mun, but cable is very stiff, so if you want to use it on a go, it's very hard and need to use earhooks cause they keep falling off

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back