Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 22, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #24,033 of 75,268
Impressions on the PK2S and Unicorn?

How do they compare to Graphene/DIY PK2 and what's the sound signature?

If you're not too busy :)

Going to be travelling for a couple of days. I'll post a short impression once I am back home.

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #24,035 of 75,268
hey quick q: has anyone tried any of the rholupat earbuds?

I have the Edimun V3, Red demun, and also tried briefly the Dietris, and Blue demun. My earbuds collection's changed quite a lot, but the Edimun and Red demun still stay with me. i just can't find a reason (or replacement) to let them go yet.

As far as the Red Demun, I'm probably the only one who's somewhat against the earbud purely due to it's very stiff cable. For me, I had to anchor it in my ears with hooks to keep it somewhat in place, and even that couldn't keep it flush enough for a seal. I know a lot of people like it's sound, but for me the cable kept me from enjoying them.

I like sound of blue De'mun, but cable is very stiff, so if you want to use it on a go, it's very hard and need to use earhooks cause they keep falling off

my way to "unstiff" my red demun is to unbraid them a little, making the twist looser. also using a chin strap really helps a lot.

For me at this moment best Indonesian buds are Willsound mk1, Uairekko custom 32 ohm and Kanzenoka Sawarna, Willsound sound just great with my Zishan Z1(OPA2604)

from the Willsound line, my favorites are the MK2 and the 300ohm version.the MK1 is too warm for my taste.

Oct 22, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #24,036 of 75,268
I'm gonna get something like that myself for my collection, that way it's practical and on display in my room :)

Plus you can see what's what without opening every compartment!

Yup. I found one at a thrift store and it's great for da buds! But if I keep hanging out in this thread, I think I'll need that bigger one lol

10018788.jpg

Attachments

• 20171022_183921_resized_1.jpg
    20171022_183921_resized_1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #24,037 of 75,268
Yup. I found one at a thrift store and it's great for da buds! But if I keep hanging out in this thread, I think I'll need that bigger one lol

10018788.jpg
[/

You'll also need a new room in which to store your storage containers in. In a new building because your home will be over run with earbuds. Infact I think it's best if you start building the underground storage bunker now. Your next DIY project xDDD

Yeah they are great for anything small. I bought one on ebay for €7 with 9 compartments, could buy another if... when I need more room :)

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #24,038 of 75,268
If you have kids, be prepared for your beloved graphenes to potentially end up looking like this...

20171022_195604_resized.jpg

Thankfully the driver still works, so time to bring out the crazy glue!

Oct 23, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #24,041 of 75,268
Holy *** I never gave my auglamour a chance... until now.

Out of box it sounds thin, congested and lacking any emotion whatsoever.

So I decided to give it another chance... because it's a really well built earbud and it's size is interesting (13.5mm driver?). Plus it had one thing going for it... Clarity and resolution.

Right, so after doing the following my RX1 has become an extremely fun and impressive earbud that's actually worth the money... this is without yet attempting any of the mods i heard of before to help round out the sound. So here's what I did;

1) Burn in for 8 hours (will continue to burn in, but for now just left them overnight to test this morning)

2) Apply 1 monk thin foam. Then apply 1 monk donut over that (very thick, seems thicker than heigi) or heigi if you don't have the monk donuts. It's tough to fit it right at first due to the shape of the bud, but with a bit of patience it'll work.
IMG_0759.JPG

3) Apply a slight EQ. U shaped with 20% bass boost and 5% treble boost. Like this
IMG_0756.PNG

The result is a neutral nicely filled out sound. Congestion is eliminated. Roll off isn't as pronounced as I remember, i think the foams are helping bass presence massively (in relation to its complete lack sub bass before and meager mid bass), they actually have a little bit of 'umph' now, not for bassheads though I must add.

The sound is still mid centric, but now it's not 'mids only' and can actually satisfy most tracks with some bass and a polite but detailed treble. Little bit of sparkle in there too in the mids, which the least rolled off part of the bud.

Soundstage is still intimate, not very big but it's got respectable imaging and separation is decent too. Despite its compact sound, it no longer feels congested.

These buds were going to be put away and forgotton about, but now I'm going to give them to a family member because they get my approval and sound much much better than earpods which every non audiophile is using :))

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #24,043 of 75,268
Anybody want to give me a hand and tell me how to reach out to Uairekko? He's not responding to Facebook PM and email for a month since payment, and he owes me some earbuds.

Oct 23, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #24,045 of 75,268
My full English review of the Penon Audio BS1 Experience Version earbuds: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.c...ence-version-earbuds-review-english.html#more
I think they're really enjoyable even though their visual appearance is a bit boring.

I have this earbud and the tomahawk and agree with most of what you said. I find the BS1 to be neutral opposed to the slightly cold sounding tomahawk, especially on vocals. Soundstage is noticeably less than tomahawk though. It's still wide but no real depth to it in comparison to the super soundstage of the tomahawks.

One thing I'll disagree on is the treble being polite, there seems to be a certain peak up top that makes some treble beats quite noticeable, whereas the tomahawk whilst overall being brighter, is consistent with the top end and thus more manageable.

The looks are to each their own, I find them subtle and mature looking, nice contrast of all black and silver. Cable we can agree is just awesome!

Overall it's a good buy, but it's mostly for acoustic and pop music I feel. It can also handle some instrumental too, just not the atmospheric music which requires more depth of sound.

I do like how it tries to convey a balanced sound, not over emphasising the mids too much yet still being a a vocal emphasised performer with solid but not overly forward vocals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back