Earbuds Round-Up
May 24, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #20,311 of 75,200
Oh I totally forgot about the Ozkan mod! Have one spare SHE3800 which is waiting for it.
(Just need to see where to get Blu Tack here in this small town.)

Did you just rip some cotton off a Q-Tip or similar and then arranged it around the driver with pliers or something?

Edit: The SHE3800 are indeed so bassy (for me not sure whether this is a bad thing or a good thing since I love it) that it was the first time I actually had to turn bass some db down in my EQ. I never had to do this before :)
(Then again I could never enjoy buds with a flat EQ curve. Or maybe I have just a very absurd hearing preference :). But heck yeah, bass they sure deliver!)

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #20,312 of 75,200
Waiting for my preorder limited edition Cygnus for over 3 weeks now. Really wonder whether Shozy can outdo themselves again consider how good StarDust is.

Speak of the devil, my limited edition Cygnus was just shipped :laughing:

May 24, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #20,313 of 75,200
In this topic, I don't find a lot of information and reviews about the Faaeal earbuds (32 & 64 ohm), so I ask about us... to know how they sound and if they could matches to my personal taste.

I had the FAAEAL 64 (transparent housing, black cables). It has a neutral sound signature, similar to Monk+, but a tad brighter than the Monk. Never really had the chance to listen to it in depth though since I already sold it to a friend.

May 24, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #20,315 of 75,200
From what I have experienced, on differents sources with different sound sig, BK sound basically like the source signature with a tiny hint of warmth and energy. :)
But on each source (with no emphasis on high mids), I need to add a few dB on high mids to have a more natural and coherent midrange to treble transition, otherwise treble sounds unnaturally peaky and comes out too suddenly, cause of the slightly recessed high mids. IMHO
My 1 cent, yes my wallet is empty..
Yes! You explain what I am hearing very well. That's it. Can be 'peaky', but I reduce the treble a little. I found that on my portable set up, its still a bit bright, but not so much as on the desk top. Thanks Fabi. But I really do love the sweetness of the higher frequencies on teh BK, and the depth, so very enjoyable

May 24, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #20,318 of 75,200
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FPZH8Q
S70524-193346.jpg

$13.99,amazing price for FB、head-fi,and Russian friends!
http://s.aliexpress.com/qyieYbqA

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #20,325 of 75,200
Technically better, yes. But I prefer the more neutral sound of Stardust to the slightly more "colored" sound of Diomnes Lv2. Imagine a mix between Sennheiser MX985 and Red De'mun but taken to a higher level technically, and you will have Diomnes Lv2. Stardust is not too far away from the other 3, but closer to the more neutral sound of MX985 than the more fun sound of Red De'mun.

I have to say that Diomnes Lv2 and Stardust have the deepest soundstages of the earbuds I currently own (well, perhaps excluding the vintage Aiwa HP D9).

Edit: so I base my earbud ranking on technical ability and not on preference. I do think that CAX Black and Diomnes Lv2 are technically better than CampFred and Stardust, but I prefer the sound signatures of the latter two.
Thanks. Well I hope that the monk that I bought is genuine and arrives safely, cuz judging by you description this is what I look for - mildly colored, spatious and not lacking details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back