Earbuds Round-Up
May 25, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #20,341 of 75,462
I like how Raven sound, but dat cable...

The use of such stiff cables past the y-splitter isn't convenient. If I move my head around, the buds easily shift out of position and I lost bass response. Foamies don't help. Might have to try hooks...

That's the exact reason why I don't want to invest into some of these DIY earbuds regardless of how good they sound. I moved a lot when listening to music and those stiff cable just won't work for me.

May 25, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #20,342 of 75,462
That's the exact reason why I don't want to invest into some of these DIY earbuds regardless of how good they sound. I moved a lot when listening to music and those stiff cable just won't work for me.

Stay away from Zen 2.0 Black Edition then. Quite stiff cables.

May 25, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #20,343 of 75,462
Really impressed with the NICEHCK DIY PK2, it kinda reminds me of the AH-D7000.
And thanks to @DBaldock9 for the recommendation for Celebrat C7, (Mantis C7). Very nice, balanced sig, with a huge soundstage as well.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #20,345 of 75,462
May 25, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #20,346 of 75,462
I own Raven for some time now.
I got a trick for this.
Unbraid the upper part of the cable.
When you wear them, adjust the chin adjuster one inch below your chin. It works well for me. I experienced the same thing as you at the beginning..
Also with time, the cable becomes slightly less stiff when rolling it often around your fingers for storage.

Not sure I understand how to unread it. Yours certainly looks braided still. An I missing something?

Yup, I can see where you're coming from, bro...

@nmatheis at least it's not as stiff as red demun.

True, but still stiffer than it needs to be...

May 25, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #20,347 of 75,462
As people says the cygnus have one of the best mids...I'm wondering how it compare to hd650 ?

Plenty more I'll stay away from, unfortunately.

Ok, @ClieOS I'm new to these earbuds, and love the airy sound without having to shove pieces of plastic into my ear canals. What are your favorite TOTL earbuds that have a free and easy cable?

May 25, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #20,348 of 75,462

The chin strap usually helps with me, especially for Diomnes. Prevents them from moving out, which was a big problem I also had with the Red Demun. Those didn't have one, and the shell was too smooth, so the foams kept sliding off.

May 26, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #20,349 of 75,462
Stay away from Zen 2.0 Black Edition then. Quite stiff cables.

@nmatheis at least it's not as stiff as red demun.

TY HI-Z HP-32s cable is the stiffest for me.....and it sucks because I have to bend it the other way around before putting it "into" my ears if not the cable is going rub against my face (annoying af)....

May 26, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #20,350 of 75,462
TY HI-Z HP-32s cable is the stiffest for me.....and it sucks because I have to bend it the other way around before putting it "into" my ears if not the cable is going rub against my face (annoying af)....

Huh. I've got regular TY Hi-Z 32ohm, and its cable is great. So is the cable on my TY Hi-Z 400ohm.

May 26, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #20,353 of 75,462
Ok, @ClieOS I'm new to these earbuds, and love the airy sound without having to shove pieces of plastic into my ear canals. What are your favorite TOTL earbuds that have a free and easy cable?

Huh. I've got regular TY Hi-Z 32ohm, and its cable is great. So is the cable on my TY Hi-Z 400ohm.

If you two don't mind my suggestion, one of my favorite earbuds for lack of cable stiffness and overall quality of sound is CampFred. It's stiffness is about on par with a wet noodle, maybe even less so.

May 26, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #20,354 of 75,462
If you two don't mind my suggestion, one of my favorite earbuds for lack of cable stiffness and overall quality of sound is CampFred. It's stiffness is about on par with a wet noodle, maybe even less so.

CampFred cable is pretty supple. Great buds, too!

TY Hi-Z 400ohm cable is even more so, but it is susceptible to the dreaded greening :astonished:

May 26, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #20,355 of 75,462
CampFred cable is pretty supple. Great buds, too!

TY Hi-Z 400ohm cable is even more so, but it is susceptible to the dreaded greening :astonished:

Same with CampFred, mine looks like it's starting to green. Although I don't think either will reach the emerald my Zen 1 has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back