Earbuds Round-Up
May 22, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #20,251 of 75,201
EB27.jpg

Hi-Z HP-314P
PMV B01 Aoede
Sunrise SW-Dragon 2

May 22, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #20,253 of 75,201
Small improvement in mids, waaaay better bass, waaaay better highs. But overall too flat for my taste. Oh and it has low impedance and normal sensitivity so hissy DAP may ruin it for you, but nothing exeptional like 8 Ohm hybrids and stuff.

Thanks. RS1-like mids with better bass sounds like something I'll enjoy. I hope so anyway since I ordered the shozy bk yesterday lol. I probably shouldn't have said the RX1 was my favorite of my buds. The TY HI-Z 320 v1 is a better all-rounder. Sometimes I find myself going long stretches using only the RX1 though... really depends on what I've been listening to.

May 22, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #20,254 of 75,201
Sometimes staying in budget zone is safest. Nothing like spending $100+ and being bored with the sound.

That is my biggest worry. I have no way to try out these earbuds to see if I like them. But I guess at least compared to full size headphones the TOTL earbuds are cheap.

Trying to decide between QFreds, Campfreds, Yinman 600 ohm or Masya as my first journey into TOTL earbuds in the next month or so.

May 22, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #20,255 of 75,201
I have had the opposite experience. I bought a bunch of budget buds and they are all been either been ok (Yinman 64ohm and T-Music V2) or had a flaw I couldn't get over (T-Music V1, Monk +, Ty Hi-Z 32ohm) or just meh (SHE3800, Qian39). I recently got in the Yinman 150 ohm which I absolutely love and I think blows away all the budget buds I have tried. I have decided I am not going to buy any more budget buds.
Thanks. Will be difficult for me to buy as no Mic. But they look good.

May 22, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #20,256 of 75,201
Checked your profile, how and where did you get so many earphones from in Malaysia..........I find it kind of impossible for me. Also how do you store all of them?

Where there is a will, there is a way... and I don't get them in Malaysia, but all over the world.

May 22, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #20,257 of 75,201
I see, any store in singapore that sells earbuds....in case that I pay a visit there.
You can go to Stereo. They have few earbuds to try. Also, try Popular bookstore. They have as well. I tried Tampines Popular store but I heard that the one which is at Bras Basah Complex is the biggest one so I guess they might have many there as well. Also, try Challengers Musica. They should have few and you can also try Valore. I know only one model from Valore which is EP0008 but that is good one.

May 22, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #20,260 of 75,201
Trying to decide between QFreds, Campfreds, Yinman 600 ohm or Masya as my first journey into TOTL earbuds in the next month or so.

The only one of those I own / have tried is the Masya and find it's great bang for the buck when looking at higher end buds. I think it sounds really good, very smooth, well extended, etc. The drawback is the unique design, as it may or may not fit terribly well. If you take the time to dial in the fit, I think it's well worth it. Comparing it to the Shozy BK, the sound is just a little fuller, perhaps a hair more liquid sounding. Both have good bass, in my opinion, with the overall sound of the Shozy being just a touch more polite / refined. Not a huge difference, however. And as the Shozy has opened up, the top end is much more similar between the two than it was when they were new.

Good luck in your search.

May 22, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #20,261 of 75,201
Edifier H180 with donut holes is the best in my earbud inventory right now. Beats my SeaHF 150 ohm, VE monk and Qian39. I also think the FiiO EM3 is up there because of its' sound signature that sounds amazing without foam covers, but it suffers from some major diaphragm flexing that requires air suction for it to revert back to normal.

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #20,262 of 75,201
I see, any store in singapore that sells earbuds....in case that I pay a visit there.

Singaporeans are not buds crazy hence there isnt alot of places that sell buds. If i am not mistaken u can try stereo like akash mentioned, jaben, connect it. I havent been down to the stores yet to avoid myself from spending more.

I mean budget buds might seem budget but it cumulates to a substantial sum over time lol

May 22, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #20,263 of 75,201
Edifier H180 with donut holes is the best in my earbud inventory right now.

try vido. i also have the H180 and i agree with you donut foams are the best for it. The vido is similar sounding, but with more "matured" sound.

May 22, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #20,264 of 75,201
Does anyone have thoughts on bassy earbuds around $100? I feel like bassy earbuds are just closer to being neutral, compared to something like a studio monitor set up. So even though I dont listen to bassy music, I find myself seeking a V-shaped sound just to find some sub-bass on the few indie songs that do have some bass.

I was thinking about pairing an edimun v3 with my cayin n3, since it has a nice warm/smooth sound to help balance the edimun's v shape. Is the rhodium plug the best option, or would the balanced edimun with an adapter to my DAP be better? Would a red de'mun or anything else give me some of the sub-bass/neutrality im looking for?

May 22, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #20,265 of 75,201
Edifier H180 with donut holes is the best in my earbud inventory right now. Beats my SeaHF 150 ohm, VE monk and Qian39.
try vido. i also have the H180 and i agree with you donut foams are the best for it. The vido is similar sounding, but with more "matured" sound.

Agreed. H180 has boosted bass and lower treble which sometimes can sound artifical and digital. On the other hand Vido is more mature and all-rounder for me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back