Earbuds Round-Up
May 22, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #20,266 of 75,200
Does anyone have thoughts on bassy earbuds around $100? I feel like bassy earbuds are just closer to being neutral, compared to something like a studio monitor set up. So even though I dont listen to bassy music, I find myself seeking a V-shaped sound just to find some sub-bass on the few indie songs that do have some bass.

I was thinking about pairing an edimun v3 with my cayin n3, since it has a nice warm/smooth sound to help balance the edimun's v shape. Is the rhodium plug the best option, or would the balanced edimun with an adapter to my DAP be better? Would a red de'mun or anything else give me some of the sub-bass/neutrality im looking for?

the red demun won't give you deep sub bass, but to me is my most neutral (and my most favorite) buds that i owned. with ve monk foams, it has similar characteristics to the Koss ksc75.
edimun have a more excited bass and highs than the demun. i like them too, just preferred the demun more for my taste

i always use this song to test sub bass response of my earbuds/phones

if i can feel the rumble of the first 10 seconds of the song, than to me it has enough sub bass (the demun and edimun passed the test)

May 22, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #20,267 of 75,200
How long have you been into this interest?

Tooo long? :confounded:

Have always been interested in earphones (IEM+earbuds) even before I joined Head-fi, and don't forget that I created this thread way back in 2009. However, I am only very actively collecting earbuds for about 3~4 yrs ago (before that it was mostly IEM for me, as there simply ain't that many interesting earbuds worth collecting) and the pace has became rather fast in the past 2 yrs, which of course is when the current mini renaissance of earbuds has began.

May 22, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #20,268 of 75,200
Did anyone find the right ear bud(s) for pop/electronic/kpop/jpop, etc music?
Something fun.

May 22, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #20,269 of 75,200
Singaporeans are not buds crazy hence there isnt alot of places that sell buds. If i am not mistaken u can try stereo like akash mentioned, jaben, connect it. I havent been down to the stores yet to avoid myself from spending more.

I mean budget buds might seem budget but it cumulates to a substantial sum over time lol

True, true....but you know sometimes you really have to spend a little in order to experience something new.

Tooo long? :confounded:

Have always been interested in earphones (IEM+earbuds) even before I joined Head-fi, and don't forget that I created this thread way back in 2009. However, I am only very actively collecting earbuds for about 3~4 yrs ago (before that it was mostly IEM for me, as there simply ain't that many interesting earbuds worth collecting) and the pace has became rather fast in the past 2 yrs, which of course is when the current mini renaissance of earbuds has began.

I see. Well, may I also know how do you store all you earbuds since you have tons of them?

May 23, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #20,270 of 75,200
I see. Well, may I also know how do you store all you earbuds since you have tons of them?

Small earphone hard cases are pretty cheap. Otherwise, small plastic food container works just as well.

May 23, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #20,271 of 75,200
For this year, EMX500 is my favorites budget earbud. but I want a little more impact power.
Could you please suggest a better earbud that give the same sounding character.

images

May 23, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #20,274 of 75,200
I see, so do you use normal "hard wire" to tie the cable together or just roll them up?

I just roll them up with fingers if they are stored in individual case. If multiple pairs in one big box, I usually use velcro straps.

May 23, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #20,276 of 75,200
Got a box full of DIY goodies today. Revamp Acoustics Nuansa P1 plus ABNormal Dietris, Crow Audio Raven, and ELi Sabia earbuds from Indonesia and Blur earbuds from Singapore. Nice!

Off to listen...

Leave some feedback on the Raven when you get a chance

May 23, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #20,277 of 75,200
Singaporeans are not buds crazy hence there isnt alot of places that sell buds. If i am not mistaken u can try stereo like Akash mentioned, jaben, connect it. I havent been down to the stores yet to avoid myself from spending more.

I mean budget buds might seem budget but it cumulates to a substantial sum over time lol
I guess he might find more options to try at Popular Bookshop. Stereo and Jaben might have only costly ones but Popular should have budget ones as well. Just to make it clear, Budget ones in Singapore might start from S$25 or even more :)

May 23, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #20,278 of 75,200
BTW, I received Vido but with issue. They accidentally sent me without Mic. I reported the same but now waiting for their response before I can use this (if they allow to keep this and still send me new correct one). Also, now I got what is J and Y cable. The cable in without mic is J, which means one cable is short and one is long for left and right speakers. I guess with Mic has same length cable for both speakers. Is it so?

May 23, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #20,279 of 75,200
Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #20,280 of 75,200
Small improvement in mids, waaaay better bass, waaaay better highs. But overall too flat for my taste. Oh and it has low impedance and normal sensitivity so hissy DAP may ruin it for you, but nothing exeptional like 8 Ohm hybrids and stuff.
I got both the RX1 and the BK's last week. To me, and all of this is subjective: RX1 is decent -- tight bass, not overwhelming, good resolution, good soundstage, clear. However, I find the mids a bit thin and 'tinny', and so I EQ them to sound richer. The BKs: another league all together in air between the instruments and richer mids; cohesive yet large soundstage. But, I found it to be VERY BRIGHT. Yikes, peaky at between 7-10 khz -- still the highs are sweet!. Yep, I eq these as well (thankfully I bought them for my work and not for portable use). I use thick and think foam covers, plus the eq to tame the brightness. But I love the sweetness, the separation of instruments yet cohesiveness. Bass is there, but not too deep nor too overwhelming, like the RX1. With the covers and the EQ, I am very very pleased with the BKs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back