Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 21, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #19,787 of 75,542
OK :innocent:
18056516_1373503862744089_5443362803044776799_o.jpg

How does the DIY PK2 ($20) compare to the Qian25 & Qian39 (~$6)?

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #19,788 of 75,542
I just updated my "Introduction to TY Hi-Z Earbud Family: Mega Review" thread to include the TY Hi-Z 32 2.5mm Balanced version.

In the review you will find a comparison to the VE Monk+ 2.5mm Balanced.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/831374/introduction-to-ty-hi-z-earbud-family-mega-review

--

Apr 21, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #19,789 of 75,542
  I just updated my "Introduction to TY Hi-Z Earbud Family: Mega Review" thread to include the TY Hi-Z 32 2.5mm Balanced version.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/831374/introduction-to-ty-hi-z-earbud-family-mega-review

--

I really like my VE Espresso Monk+ (2.5TRRS).  It's got noticeably better quantity / quality of Bass, than the Standard Monk+.

Apr 21, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #19,790 of 75,542

I really like my VE Espresso Monk+ (2.5TRRS).  It's got noticeably better quantity / quality of Bass, than the Standard Monk+.

Interesting.   I still have to compare the Monk+ vs the Monk Candy (both 3.5mm).  So many earbuds, so little time! 

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #19,791 of 75,542
I just updated my "Introduction to TY Hi-Z Earbud
Family: Mega Review
" thread to include the TY Hi-Z 32 2.5mm Balanced version.

--

Great timing, I have this waiting at the post office :-D

The balanced Monk+ Espresso is a fantastic earbud, its my first balanced earbud and I'm still wowed by how impressive it sounds

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #19,795 of 75,542

Whoa, really? this 20 dollar earbud can reach Cygnus (₱3,957 ($80)) and BK (₱8,162 ($165)) levels?

lol we had the same reaction.  My problem is I dont even have time to listen to my Cygnus, Mojito, Zen 2.0 as it is.  But I am a hoarder and consider them all kind of collector-worthy status buds so I dont want to sell them.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #19,797 of 75,542
  lol we had the same reaction.  My problem is I dont even have time to listen to my Cygnus, Mojito, Zen 2.0 as it is.  But I am a hoarder and consider them all kind of collector-worthy status buds so I dont want to sell them.

My Zen Black, Mojito, as well as this DIY PK2 (and a few other budget buds) are still on their way to me and I couldn't be more excited to hear them all. :)

But yeah I don't think we will all be able to reach uncle Oleg's level of being a hoarder though haha.

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #19,800 of 75,542

My Zen Black, Mojito, as well as this DIY PK2 (and a few other budget buds) are still on their way to me and I couldn't be more excited to hear them all. :)

But yeah I don't think we will all be able to reach uncle Oleg's level of being a hoarder though haha.

Sounds similar to me.  I got my monk + and fell in love.  I was like I will get one higher priced earbud and be done.  I ordered the Cygnus.  It sounded like a great plan.  Well the AE vendor I bought from took forever to source one.  While waiting I had ebay bucks so I ordered from penon the DIY Dual Driver since it is ranked high by our OP.  Then I waited some more.  I read about the E100 and they are so cheap I ordered one from a US seller.    By now I had read all the thread and was really earbud hyped.  I bought a used Zen 2.0 from a board member.  Anyways,  they all show up including both the Chinese orders on the same two days.  I barely had time to listen all of them with so many coming at once.  Two weeks later I had Zen Black and everything barely got listened to ever again except when I was on the go or if I am using them for television/movies.  I later got the mojitos and Red Demuns and a bunch of other value buds.  So now I read about a bud and get excited and then I realize when I buy it I will listen one day then burn it in for like a week,  listen one more day  then go back to my Zen blacks and HD600s and the new bud will just sit in its case.  I only listen like an hour a day, if I listened all day I wouldnt feel bad like I am neglecting my babies.  Atleast, Oleg is a good father and gives them quality time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back