Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 21, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #19,801 of 75,775
Hmmm... My collection is becoming smaller and smaller. Just sold my 3 vintage Sony and 2 out of 3 vintage Aiwa earbuds. Plus my Astrotec Lyra. But I've got a pair of Stardust on the way...

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #19,802 of 75,775
  Sounds similar to me.
---
Atleast, Oleg is a good father and gives them quality time.

Hah, definitely a similar story, more or less.
My only hope is to be indeed a good father to my several buds.
Been (unfortunately) selling some of them actually, but I make sure to sell them to friends first.

Hmmm... My collection is becoming smaller and smaller. Just sold my 3 vintage Sony and 2 out of 3 vintage Aiwa earbuds. Plus my Astrotec Lyra. But I've got a pair of Stardust on the way...

Based on ctaxxxx's own earbud comparisons, Stardust sits at the middle of the cold/warm scale. I'm fortunate to have both buds on either side of the spectrum already, so Stardust is definitely next on my list, hopefully..

Apr 21, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #19,803 of 75,775

Exciting! I always wonder how the Shozy Stardust compares to the Cypherus lineup but doesn't have but the budget to acquire them all. Will wait for your review on this 
normal_smile .gif

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #19,805 of 75,775
David, this should be compared with Shozy Cygnus and BK, and not with Qians ..

Well, in that case - I went ahead and ordered the NiceHCK DIY PK2 (white), as well as the Vido (blue).  
atsmile.gif

Also ordered additional DIY OCC (8-strand) earphone wire, and both Male & Female MMCX connectors - to do some more re-wiring...  
wink_face.gif

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #19,806 of 75,775
Apr 21, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #19,807 of 75,775

How does the DIY PK2 ($20) compare to the Qian25 & Qian39 (~$6)?

So, I have an Asura 2 on the way to my mailbox. Would you get the NICEHCK DIY PK2 as well?
I would not want to get it if it is too similar to the DIY PK2.

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #19,808 of 75,775
  Exciting! I always wonder how the Shozy Stardust compares to the Cypherus lineup but doesn't have but the budget to acquire them all. Will wait for your review on this 
normal_smile%20.gif

I actually own both. They sound pretty different. CampFred's have more meat in the bass, vocals sit further back, and the highs are bit smoother. Larger sound stage too. Stardust is more energetic in comparison. More treble extension, voices are closer, tighter (but lighter) bass. Smaller sound stage.

I actually haven't been listening to the Stardusts as much anymore, as I don't like their synergy with the X5 3rd gen. Its too smooth now, and it kinda loses that energy. I've been looking at other DAPs cause I'm not sure I like the X5's smooth sound signature anymore. Though I'm not sure I want to drop $900+ on the DX200. Might wait for the X7 2nd gen this summer.

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #19,809 of 75,775
EB26.jpg

Astrotec Lyra Classic (Lyra 3rd Gen.)
Svara L

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #19,812 of 75,775
I actually own both. They sound pretty different. CampFred's have more meat in the bass, vocals sit further back, and the highs are bit smoother. Larger sound stage too. Stardust is more energetic in comparison. More treble extension, voices are closer, tighter (but lighter) bass. Smaller sound stage.

I actually haven't been listening to the Stardusts as much anymore, as I don't like their synergy with the X5 3rd gen. Its too smooth now, and it kinda loses that energy. I've been looking at other DAPs cause I'm not sure I like the X5's smooth sound signature anymore. Though I'm not sure I want to drop $900+ on the DX200. Might wait for the X7 2nd gen this summer.

Love my CampFred!

I tried to warn people about the bolded part in the quote about the X5 v3 but was drowned out. Too many FiiO fanbois out there, lol. My buddy golov17 and I know Shanling is where it's at, yo!

\m/ :) \m/

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #19,815 of 75,775

does this mean the black is similar to the BK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back