Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Nov 4, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #902 of 1,242
Looking to try analytical sound signature, Im inclined towards buying the RE-272. I liked Balanced(TF10) the most,Warm+sweet signature (MH1C/R-50) is close too, Mid (Meelec A161P) Im about to get it hands on a few days, didnt like bass signature at all..

As per Clies Review, it needs a good amp to shine. I dont like desktop amps, Im thinking of buying FiiO E11 since I need portability. Will it be enough to drive RE-272 or any other portable amp suggestions for driving RE-272? Budget for amp would <=100$

Please suggest here ClieOS! I have bought TF 10, MH1C both on your suggestions and they never disappointed me. I ordered Meelectronics A161P since I liked some aspects in your SBA-03 review and 80$ for a good BA is reasonable.

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #904 of 1,242
Quote:
I have trouble keeping the MH1C in. The right side especially seems to pull out even with the big tips. I think the problem is the cable.

Yeah, the cable as well as mic part is bulky which tend to pull down especially on the move for me. For me, Using triple flanges solves it, it stays intact without falling, though not completely comfortable

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #905 of 1,242
Use the shirt clip guys. Then the j cord works like a charm

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 4, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #906 of 1,242
As per Clies Review, it needs a good amp to shine. I dont like desktop amps, Im thinking of buying FiiO E11 since I need portability. Will it be enough to drive RE-272 or any other portable amp suggestions for driving RE-272? Budget for amp would <=100$

Suggestion to a sub-$100 amp that can drive RE272? Well, almost all portable amp should easily drive RE272 without a problem, but the key is to get it to sound at its best. My opinion is either a balanced or a balanced-ground amp, but none of them are cheap. E11 should be okey, but I'll suggest you listen to it without an amp first and see how it goes from there. If you like it enough, you probably don't need to get an amp.

I have trouble keeping the MH1C in. The right side especially seems to pull out even with the big tips. I think the problem is the cable.

Right? or do you mean left? My answer is the shirt clip and as I have said, you need to keep the cable behind the neck. If that doesn't work, you will need to try different eartips.

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #907 of 1,242
Quote:
Suggestion to a sub-$100 amp that can drive RE272? Well, almost all portable amp should easily drive RE272 without a problem, but the key is to get it to sound at its best. My opinion is either a balanced or a balanced-ground amp, but none of them are cheap. E11 should be okey, but I'll suggest you listen to it without an amp first and see how it goes from there. If you like it enough, you probably don't need to get an amp.

Hmm..I firstly am intending to buy a portable amp, will extend my budget to 200$ if there is a great one in that range. I am looking basically an amp basically to drive my present IEMs too to maximise its SQ (TF10, R-50, MH1C,A161P) and one which could maximize SQ of RE 272 when I buy it later. Any portable balanced/balanced-ground amp available in 100-200$? 

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #908 of 1,242
Hmm..I firstly am intending to buy a portable amp, will extend my budget to 200$ if there is a great one in that range. I am looking basically an amp basically to drive my present IEMs too to maximise its SQ (TF10, R-50, MH1C,A161P) and one which could maximize SQ of RE 272 when I buy it later. Any portable balanced/balanced-ground amp available in 100-200$? 

There is one, the iBasso T5 - however, the build quality is not up-to-par so I really will not recommend it to you. My suggestion to you is to look for a 2nd hand StepDance or 2StapDance in the for sale forum. Alternative will be the O2. It is bulky but should do RE272 some justice.

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #910 of 1,242
Quote:

Same thing here. Really want to like them, but the cable just spoils the package for me. Thinking of another option.

Anyone could compare the sound on these to VSonic GR04/GR02/GR06? Any other options with comparable sound in the up to $60 range?

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #911 of 1,242
Same thing here. Really want to like them, but the cable just spoils the package for me. Thinking of another option.

Anyone could compare the sound on these to VSonic GR04/GR02/GR06? Any other options with comparable sound in the up to $60 range?

Are you having the cable going over the back of your neck? If not, try it. You should also use the shirt clip as well.

Anyway, if you like the sound of MH1C, I think you really won't find much of any upgrade at the price range you are looking for.

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #912 of 1,242
Quote:

For the comparision, you just need to check the table :

http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-htc-rc-e190-samsung-ehs64-sony-mh750-added-nov-4th-2012#post_7297558

I dont think you can get much more of a SQ upgrade without investing atleast 200$, the comparision table suggests that too. And I rate my MH1C so close to my UE TF10(which I bought for ~200$). If you like the sound, you better try using the J-Cord, these get comfortable by time, just experiment with them, using triple flanges+shirt clip makes my 2nd pair comfortable for gym usage too...

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #913 of 1,242
Quote:
Quote:

For the comparision, you just need to check the table :

http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-htc-rc-e190-samsung-ehs64-sony-mh750-added-nov-4th-2012#post_7297558

I dont think you can get much more of a SQ upgrade without investing atleast 200$, the comparision table suggests that too. And I rate my MH1C so close to my UE TF10(which I bought for ~200$). If you like the sound, you better try using the J-Cord, these get comfortable by time, just experiment with them, using triple flanges+shirt clip makes my 2nd pair comfortable for gym usage too...

While I agree that they sound good, I find the bass emphasis to be a bit overwhelming, making them inferior (by a long shot) to the GR04.

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #914 of 1,242
Yeah, I also consider the gr04 flagship better. It's bass is less in qusntity but is faster and tighter and even though it does not extends as low as the mh1c I like it a lot more. The gr04 flagship might be slighly mid-forwars but I consider it more balanced than the mh1, especially with the mh1c's tips - they give it better separation, balance and more natural sound.

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #915 of 1,242
While I agree that they sound good, I find the bass emphasis to be a bit overwhelming, making them inferior (by a long shot) to the GR04.

....thus it is why sound signature is as much an important consideration as SQ in choosing of your own perfect IEM. I have categorized all IEM into 5 different sound signature but the reality is that they can still be separated into finer groups, but that will defeat the original goal of trying to keep things simple and easily understandable. At most, I am hoping this thread is merely a starting guide, but definitely still far from a full walkthrough that tell you how to beat the game in one go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back