15 Closed Headphones, 2 Canalphones and a Discussion on Frequency Graphs & Reviews
May 7, 2006 at 2:12 PM Post #107 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitoedleon
Absolutely! I've referred back to this set of reviews several times. This is definately valuable for both newbies and veterens alike. Why this isn't a "featured review" is beyond me.

I asked a mod a long time ago. It is on the to do list apparently...

I still think this is one of the most informative and helpful if not THE most informative and helpful review on head-fi.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus
Sticky!
I may be wishing too much but the k81dj could be added to this review :)

Knowing S.P. I wouldn't be surprised if he adds them in the future.

Sep 17, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #109 of 174
this post should be like a mandatory read for all head-fiers unless one has absolutely zero interest in closed phones.
simply the best headphone review i've ever read anywhere.
thank you!

Sep 17, 2006 at 9:38 AM Post #112 of 174
Excellent review!
We should have a simular one for open headphones as well...
wink.gif

Sep 17, 2006 at 10:05 AM Post #113 of 174
good reading. most of the time, the second opinion IS your headphones.
quite pleased to read similar thoughts to my own on senns hd25's. being a 'newbie', i'm pleased to know i made a good choice for portable. no mention of cable upgrade, however (though i did find that in these here forums, cheers folks!), fair point about price, though i got mine for £100, good deal. so with new cable & velour pads i'm good to go.
also good to read up on the IEM's as they're coming to me soon.

Sep 17, 2006 at 1:31 PM Post #114 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
I asked a mod a long time ago. It is on the to do list apparently...

Since there have been 4 featured reviews added since this one was made (and over a year,) I don't think anyone actually intends to. It's really irritating that such an amazing review not only doesn't get added to where anyone at any time can see it, but that we are given absolutely no reason as to why it's being snubbed.

Sep 17, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #115 of 174
PM a mod?

Sep 27, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #116 of 174
bump ... I just came across this review & thread. Phenominal work! Thank you. I decided I want a closed phone for the bass too, and this will be very useful.

Sep 27, 2006 at 10:54 AM Post #117 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by m8o
bump ... I just came across this review & thread. Phenominal work! Thank you. I decided I want a closed phone for the bass too, and this will be very useful.

Thanks. For lots of bass, the AKG K81 is worth a consideration. I've been working on adding the K81, my current portable headphone because I had to give back my loaned HD 25-1, as well as the Audio Technica ATH FC7, which I got as a bonus as part of a trade, to the review. My listening notes have been on my laptop for ages but I haven't been able to really find the motivation to sit down and make something coherent out of them. I've kind of lost interest in headphones but these two headphones I'll definitely add to the review for the sake of completeness. I also bought a AKG K181 recently as a potential main portable headphone because zChan was reporting very positively about it and because I've been interested in it ever since it came out. I'll probably add it to the review as well.

Sep 27, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #119 of 174
Finally, a k181 and k81 comparison!
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
Thanks. For lots of bass, the AKG K81 is worth a consideration. I've been working on adding the K81, my current portable headphone because I had to give back my loaned HD 25-1, as well as the Audio Technica ATH FC7, which I got as a bonus as part of a trade, to the review. My listening notes have been on my laptop for ages but I haven't been able to really find the motivation to sit down and make something coherent out of them. I've kind of lost interest in headphones but these two headphones I'll definitely add to the review for the sake of completeness. I also bought a AKG K181 recently as a potential main portable headphone because zChan was reporting very positively about it and because I've been interested in it ever since it came out. I'll probably add it to the review as well.

Sep 27, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #120 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by zChan
Finally, a k181 and k81 comparison!
biggrin.gif

I actually received the K181 today and it sounds like a balanced, equalized and perfected K81 with excellent soundstage for a fairly portable headphone. Whereas I have to use EQ on the K81, the K181 sounds just right with no EQ. Too bad that it's a bit too big. I thought it'd be smaller judging by the pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back