Earbuds Round-Up
May 23, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #20,296 of 75,149
Wow! A lot has happened here in the last week. I miss the feature from the old design of Head fi where you could see how many new posts there was in a thread you were following.
I figured no one was posting because of the new design of the forum but it has been quite busy here.

No new earbuds for me since I got Shozy Stardust. Really love them. My current top 5 would probably be:
1. CAX Black
2. Diomnes Lv2
3. CampFred
4. Stardust
5. Blox TM7

Still, the two I keep coming back to are CampFred and Stardust. CF is more laid back and has got amazing sub bass for an earbud and Stardust has got a deep soundstage with excellent instrument separation. I might go for Vido and those DIY PK2 on Aliexpress. Other than that, I feel content with what I have. In the last 2 months I have sold off some vintage DAPs and bought one iBasso R10 (Japanese version of DX100) and also a second hand Questyle QP1R. Those two really make my earbuds sing. Anyway, not much money for earbuds right now...

May 23, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #20,297 of 75,149
Wow! A lot has happened here in the last week. I miss the feature from the old design of Head fi where you could see how many new posts there was in a thread you were following.
I figured no one was posting because of the new design of the forum but it has been quite busy here.

No new earbuds for me since I got Shozy Stardust. Really love them. My current top 5 would probably be:
1. CAX Black
2. Diomnes Lv2
3. CampFred
4. Stardust
5. Blox TM7

Still, the two I keep coming back to are CampFred and Stardust. CF is more laid back and has got amazing sub bass for an earbud and Stardust has got a deep soundstage with excellent instrument separation. I might go for Vido and those DIY PK2 on Aliexpress. Other than that, I feel content with what I have. In the last 2 months I have sold off some vintage DAPs and bought one iBasso R10 (Japanese version of DX100) and also a second hand Questyle QP1R. Those two really make my earbuds sing. Anyway, not much money for earbuds right now...

Nice collection! I'm jelly!

Why is it DIY PK2? Same sound signature and quality as the Yuin PK2? The Yuin PK2 was my entry to the earbud world. I was still in junior in highschool back then so I had no income, but I spent whatever I saved up to buy a pair. My mind is blown if these DIY pk2 sound the same or better at the fraction the cost.

May 23, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #20,299 of 75,149
Here's my take on the Nice HCK DIY PK2....
I have two other pair of PK DIY buds from **** and somewhere else. Those were DIY PK1 and were only okay. Although resolving, not very exciting at all. If you come across those, I would skip on them.
The DIY PK2 from Nice are way more energetic. They have a nice wide soundstage and good separation. The mids where the vocals are, are a tiny bit "flat" in comparison to the other ends of the spectrum. Not by much, but still. I've got about 30 hrs on them, and they have improved from when I first got them. If they clean up a bit in the vocals I'd be happy to recommend them. They just might, they are on the edge...
They are made nicely.

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #20,300 of 75,149

Waiting for my preorder limited edition Cygnus for over 3 weeks now. Really wonder whether Shozy can outdo themselves again consider how good StarDust is.

May 24, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #20,301 of 75,149

1. CAX Black
2. Diomnes Lv2
3. CampFred
4. Stardust
5. Blox TM7

How would you compare Diomnes to Stardust? As it is above I presume you find it better?

May 24, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #20,302 of 75,149
How would you compare Diomnes to Stardust? As it is above I presume you find it better?

Technically better, yes. But I prefer the more neutral sound of Stardust to the slightly more "colored" sound of Diomnes Lv2. Imagine a mix between Sennheiser MX985 and Red De'mun but taken to a higher level technically, and you will have Diomnes Lv2. Stardust is not too far away from the other 3, but closer to the more neutral sound of MX985 than the more fun sound of Red De'mun.

I have to say that Diomnes Lv2 and Stardust have the deepest soundstages of the earbuds I currently own (well, perhaps excluding the vintage Aiwa HP D9).

Edit: so I base my earbud ranking on technical ability and not on preference. I do think that CAX Black and Diomnes Lv2 are technically better than CampFred and Stardust, but I prefer the sound signatures of the latter two.

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #20,303 of 75,149
NiceHCK Vido, VE Monk+ BT-Mod, TY Hi-Z HP-32 2.0, Quian25, Qian39 / Edifier H180 / Awei ES10, ... Too much earbuds because of you, guys !! :laughing:

I hesitate to buy "Faaeal" 32 or 64 Ohms, what do you thing of it (after looking to my list of earbuds) ? Thanks.

May 24, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #20,304 of 75,149
NiceHCK Vido, VE Monk+ BT-Mod, TY Hi-Z HP-32 2.0, Quian25, Qian39 / Edifier H180 / Awei ES10, ... Too much earbuds because of you, guys !! :laughing:

I hesitate to buy "Faaeal" 32 or 64 Ohms, what do you thing of it (after looking to my list of earbuds) ? Thanks.

I think there is no need to buy another budget earbud. Enjoy them first :wink:

May 24, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #20,305 of 75,149

Faaeal 64 all day,I have them for about a month and really like them! Thinking to buy silver cable version...

May 24, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #20,306 of 75,149
I think there is no need to buy another budget earbud. Enjoy them first :wink:

Not false, not false... :sunglasses: And I have plenty of headphones, too ... But the pleasure of discovery, what do we do? :nerd:

:smile:

Faaeal 64 all day,I have them for about a month and really like them! Thinking to buy silver cable version...

No problem with high ? (I do not support harsh in high frequency).

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #20,307 of 75,149
May 24, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #20,308 of 75,149
@ozkan : thanks for suggestion.
I like the earbuds of my collection (not all, I admit), no problem (and I have done "BT Mod" on the Monk Plus).
I just want to discover more good earbuds, for fun, nothing else. :beyersmile:

In this topic, I don't find a lot of information and reviews about the Faaeal earbuds (32 & 64 ohm), so I ask about us... to know how they sound and if they could matches to my personal taste.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back