The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 7, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #11,011 of 12,992
Hey Maybe you guys can put me on the right path becasue i have been looking for the past month. I currently own the Audiotechnica Pro 700mk2 and they are great! i love strong mid bass that kicks your skull with every kickdrum and the sub bass is definetly good enough too. the only thing i dont like about them is they literally make my Ears bleed after an hour of having them on. Since the earpads are not for me. i tried the original i tried the ath m50 pads which still i use now. And i tried the brainwavez pads they were nice comfort wise but they cut the mid bass by like 50% so it wasnt enjoyable to me anymore. Now my Question is what are some solid options for me in this price range up to 300$ that just kick your skull like the pro700s amped and eqed does? also i should add ill use them with a shiit magni2 modi2 stack

Buy a bag of cotton balls and stick them under the pads until your ears are off the drivers. They feel way better on your head once you do this.

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #11,013 of 12,992
if someone could give me a help...

debating myself with 3 options, right now: the JVC HA-XP50BT and the AKG Y50BT in the same price range.
... or the Audio Technica ATH-M50XBT a little more pricey.

for Future Bass, LoFi Beats and Trip-Hop.

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #11,014 of 12,992
if someone could give me a help...

debating myself with 3 options, right now: the JVC HA-XP50BT and the AKG Y50BT in the same price range.
... or the Audio Technica ATH-M50XBT a little more pricey.

for Future Bass, LoFi Beats and Trip-Hop.

I'm guessing most people in this thread aren't that familiar with the above sets, as bluetooth headphones generally can't get you to head-rattling levels. The JVC and AKG are a pass from me on looks alone. The ATH i'm guessing will need some EQ to get to adequate bass levels.

That being said, I would try and save up and go for the Sony WH-XB900N. In general, Sony does a better job than everyone else with their bluetooth headphones and ANC, and as far as I've heard, their bluetooth bass is the best as well. Also, you'll get LDAC... which is awesome if your dap or android phone has that codec.

I have the WH900N (Hear.on 2) and using the Sony app to EQ, the bass on those are really nice - especially with some lofi hip-hop and noise cancelling - basically the best ever for plane rides/commutes. I'm going to sell them soon I think, and originally I was going to just go with the XM3, but now I'm probably going to replace with the XB900N myself.

Never heard of this site, but looks like they are selling them for $150 right now: https://www.nfm.com/sony-over-ear-wireless-noise-canceling-headphone-in-black - it was linked to from sony.com so it's probably safe to order.

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #11,016 of 12,992
maan... after seeing some reviews, i'm might have found a winner.
seeing these and the Crushers. but the ANC of the Sony's... niice!
dont buy crushers.

why not buy a headphone with a detachable chord and turn it into a wireless??

make sure you read 1 and 2 star reviews on amazon. i dont buy anything with more than 3% relating to 1 and 2 stars.

the ones i bought were ws1100is. i had to buy a headband cover as the leather wears easily.

this list isnt updated but maybe it can help you:

https://www.head-fi.org/articles/the-best-bass-headphones-a-head-fi-wiki.17335/

i find bass headphones to be pretty over rated. i have an hd500, ws1100is, and alpha delta ad01 i believe its called ear buds. the alpha's have by far the most bass and its noticable and worth it i suppose. the ws1100is has marginally more bass and noticable more treble than the hd500. but the hd500 still has alot of bass.

anywho good luck.

Oct 17, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #11,017 of 12,992
dont buy crushers.

why not buy a headphone with a detachable chord and turn it into a wireless??

make sure you read 1 and 2 star reviews on amazon. i dont buy anything with more than 3% relating to 1 and 2 stars.

the ones i bought were ws1100is. i had to buy a headband cover as the leather wears easily.

this list isnt updated but maybe it can help you:

https://www.head-fi.org/articles/the-best-bass-headphones-a-head-fi-wiki.17335/

i find bass headphones to be pretty over rated. i have an hd500, ws1100is, and alpha delta ad01 i believe its called ear buds. the alpha's have by far the most bass and its noticable and worth it i suppose. the ws1100is has marginally more bass and noticable more treble than the hd500. but the hd500 still has alot of bass.

anywho good luck.
I would consider selling my ATH-WS1100is if anyone is interested. They are in great shape and have no sound issues. I just don't use them much.

Oct 17, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #11,018 of 12,992
I would consider selling my ATH-WS1100is if anyone is interested. They are in great shape and have no sound issues. I just don't use them much.
how do you like them? please describe them for ppl here. alot of ppl like v moda m100 but they are much more expensive than these and i heard they are comparable. what do you think ws1100is are worth new, and whats better than them?

Oct 17, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #11,019 of 12,992
how do you like them? please describe them for ppl here. alot of ppl like v moda m100 but they are much more expensive than these and i heard they are comparable. what do you think ws1100is are worth new, and whats better than them?
I like them great! Just have too many over ears and these are the least used. To me, they have a nice bassy signature with good detail retrieval. The treble I think is a little boosted and sounds a little artificial. I don't consider it harsh though. Mids are recessed somewhat. I wouldn't consider them basshead. BUT, this is with no EQ or amp bass boost. I like they way they sound with a flat source so I haven't tried any enhancements yet. Hope this helps.

Edit: read over quickly so I missed your other questions. I like the Denon AH-D600 with BW oval sheep skin pads better than any HP I've had in the past (for basshead purposes). You'd have to shop around for new WS1100's I guess. Not sure what they are going for.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #11,020 of 12,992
just found the Sony WH-XB900N at 125 dollars... had to give it a go! :L3000:
thanks mates, for all your help.

edit: daaaaamn! they got real bass!!! so niice! great all around sound, also! treble and highs very clear and crisp. ANC not that special, but for the money? incredible cans!!!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #11,021 of 12,992
From 2014-2019, I felt that my Hifiman HE-4 gave me the most airy sub-bass I have ever heard in an open-back full-sized over-ear and the old Sennheiser HD250 Linear I came closest to recreating that airy sub-bass I heard and felt. I eventually sold my HE-4 and never heard anything that toppled its airy sub-bass qualities...until I received the Klipsch Heritage HP-3.

Going back to 2013, I owned a Denon AH-D2000 and it had great sub-bass, but it was rather bright and and I eventually sold it for a AH-D5000 in 2014 that had a warmer sound, but was still rather bright. With the HE-4 easily winning over the D5000, a LA7000 and TH900 1st gen I auditioned (those had different types of bass), and even an JPS Abyss (too much tonality), I was fine with over-ears. Last year, I bought a KZ ZS6 and ZSA IEM that gave me lots of bass and clarity for the money and wanted its airiness from the vents and huge bass in an over-ear, leading me to remember an open-back modded D2000 that probably sounded unrefined overall. I did hear about a Fostex TH909 to finally bring a bio-cellulose driver an open-back, but is too expensive.

Eventually, someone offered a Klipsch HP-3 for my stuff and I learned that the HP-3 used a similar bio-cellulose driver as the recent mid-level Fostex dynamics, so I went for it and have not looked back since that time. The combination of airiness, sub-bass, and mid-bass with perfect tonality made me feel like it was so too-good-to-be-true, I had to try it out even longer, as I had so many hours with the HE-4. Now, I can finally say that the HP-3 has dethroned the HE-4 in airy bass for me. Granted, the clamp could be better, but I ever did complain about it until I listened to a bad live dub-step recording for about 45 minutes. :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #11,022 of 12,992
From 2014-2019, I felt that my Hifiman HE-4 gave me the most airy sub-bass I have ever heard in an open-back full-sized over-ear and the old Sennheiser HD250 Linear I came closest to recreating that airy sub-bass I heard and felt. I eventually sold my HE-4 and never heard anything that toppled its airy sub-bass qualities...until I received the Klipsch Heritage HP-3.

Going back to 2013, I owned a Denon AH-D2000 and it had great sub-bass, but it was rather bright and and I eventually sold it for a AH-D5000 in 2014 that had a warmer sound, but was still rather bright. With the HE-4 easily winning over the D5000, a LA7000 and TH900 1st gen I auditioned (those had different types of bass), and even an JPS Abyss (too much tonality), I was fine with over-ears. Last year, I bought a KZ ZS6 and ZSA IEM that gave me lots of bass and clarity for the money and wanted its airiness from the vents and huge bass in an over-ear, leading me to remember an open-back modded D2000 that probably sounded unrefined overall. I did hear about a Fostex TH909 to finally bring a bio-cellulose driver an open-back, but is too expensive.

Eventually, someone offered a Klipsch HP-3 for my stuff and I learned that the HP-3 used a similar bio-cellulose driver as the recent mid-level Fostex dynamics, so I went for it and have not looked back since that time. The combination of airiness, sub-bass, and mid-bass with perfect tonality made me feel like it was so too-good-to-be-true, I had to try it out even longer, as I had so many hours with the HE-4. Now, I can finally say that the HP-3 has dethroned the HE-4 in airy bass for me. Granted, the clamp could be better, but I ever did complain about it until I listened to a bad live dub-step recording for about 45 minutes. :wink:

Yah, they're nice.

I want the Walnut ones one day. It's a very energetic headphone, so for badly recorded Dubstep, you'd probably have to nuke the highs and hope for the best lol

Nov 19, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #11,023 of 12,992
just found the Sony WH-XB900N at 125 dollars... had to give it a go! :L3000:
thanks mates, for all your help.

edit: daaaaamn! they got real bass!!! so niice! great all around sound, also! treble and highs very clear and crisp. ANC not that special, but for the money? incredible cans!!!

Just picked a pair of these up myself. And yeah they sound great. ANC in the office with music pretty is blocking out almost all external sound, but I haven't tested on a plane or subway commute yet. But got them before a cross-atlantic flight this week so I'm about to find out. Not expecting 1000MX3 levels of ANC, but hoping that with sound on they are pretty good at drowning out engines or crying babies.

I haven't A-B tested, but to me, the bass and overall sound is much better than the the WH900N (hear.on2) which I thought were actually pretty good - hear.on's might have better ANC, though they were also prone to making faint popping noises if you are moving in something that vibrates like a car or plane and had ANC turned on. Not noticeable at all when listening to music, but could get annoying when listening to a podcast or watching movie/tv. The Hear.On 3's are set to come out in January so a little curious to see how they compare to the XB900 - though with 25mm drivers vs the 40mm in the XB, they won't stack up in the bass quantity, but will likely have better ANC.

Nov 25, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #11,024 of 12,992
Just picked a pair of these up myself. And yeah they sound great. ANC in the office with music pretty is blocking out almost all external sound, but I haven't tested on a plane or subway commute yet. But got them before a cross-atlantic flight this week so I'm about to find out. Not expecting 1000MX3 levels of ANC, but hoping that with sound on they are pretty good at drowning out engines or crying babies.

I haven't A-B tested, but to me, the bass and overall sound is much better than the the WH900N (hear.on2) which I thought were actually pretty good - hear.on's might have better ANC, though they were also prone to making faint popping noises if you are moving in something that vibrates like a car or plane and had ANC turned on. Not noticeable at all when listening to music, but could get annoying when listening to a podcast or watching movie/tv. The Hear.On 3's are set to come out in January so a little curious to see how they compare to the XB900 - though with 25mm drivers vs the 40mm in the XB, they won't stack up in the bass quantity, but will likely have better ANC.

Same here. They are down to £125 in the UK now so I couldn't resist.

I think they are amazing for the money. The ANC is good enough, but they might not be my first choice on flights. I actually like the build on these, because although it is all cheap plastic, it is very light and doesn't creak at all in the same way a lot of cheaper headphones do. Comfort is spot on for me, low weight and comfortable pads.

Soundwise, they are great for drum and bass, Hip Hop and EDM, but I don't think I'll use them as much for rock. Whilst the bass extension doesn't seem to harm the mids/highs in electronic music, it does for rock. It's not a major criticism, because the only headphone I have tried which have both good bass and sound great with rock are the Campfire Audio Cascades. They are a lot more expensive, don't have ANC and aren't as convenient on the move. I'll still be keep them though!

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #11,025 of 12,992
Need recommendation. Under $187 USD the hardest hitting bass headphones (NO AMP preferred)

My previous headphones are sennheiser Hd558, and I love the open back

Kind of important for the headphones to be portable, so they can fit in bag for travel, etc.

Looking at
WS1100iS right now but i dont know if its what i need. i dont care about audiophile mids/whatever i just want goodest bass, like HD 558 but like 90000000x more bass

I have Sony
MDR-XB450AP but they do not hit hard enough and the other frequencies sound pretty bad on them comared to hd558

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back