The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Sep 4, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #10,981 of 12,992

Anyone see this Pioneer SE-MJ751?
Am i seeing dual driver here? :xf_eek:
OMOROSHI!!!
Interesting :O

Specs look like the real thing, but price would indicate otherwise.
These are just pointers though, might have to try get my hands on a pair.

Sep 5, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #10,984 of 12,992
I m a fan of bass as well. If you like hip-hop I produce beats with good sub bass notes. Check my artist hip-hop project :

Otherwise if you have Spotify try rap caviar playlist. Most new hiphop songs have tons of bass

Sep 25, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #10,986 of 12,992
Fair play mate, if you still feel the same after then it is what it is; I will trust you to convey your honest experience. A lot of people complain about the pads/comfort because the opening is small AF. I have small ears so it's no bother for me. Cups don't even touch my lobes once settled in. But I don't only recc the pads for comfort, the sound changed for the better on mine - but other users swear by the original pads so not sure what's going on there. In any case, as you've already tried that setup, you know your head/ears better than anyone.

Just ran On A Level through my ifi iDSD Micro BL and it's definitely at basshead levels with no distortion. Volume is just past 12 O'clock on Normal power gain - all switches off. Could go further, but don't really feel a need to. With the EQ curve shown, the highs are definitely muted, but it's very fun! This was my first attempt with APO, I'll get used to it eventually; much more used to the simplicity of the Creative E5, but I recognise the potential if I can tap into it lol.

Well, I gave it a bit over a month. I burned the M100's in over 120 hours and I tried all the pads I have again, using an APO setting giving them plenty of bass and they still don't do it for me. The bass is there for sure, it's just not clean. I'm disappointed because I was really hoping they worked out. I can't really justify keeping them because I'll never use them so they are currently up for sale. (Link is in my sig if anyone is interested.)

Keep at EQ APO, It's worth getting familiar with it. I EQ everything, lol.

Sep 25, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #10,987 of 12,992
Well, I gave it a bit over a month. I burned the M100's in over 120 hours and I tried all the pads I have again, using an APO setting giving them plenty of bass and they still don't do it for me. The bass is there for sure, it's just not clean. I'm disappointed because I was really hoping they worked out. I can't really justify keeping them because I'll never use them so they are currently up for sale. (Link is in my sig if anyone is interested.)

I completely agree on this. I did the exact same thing - purchased the M100 again (I had owned it 2-3 years ago). I burned it in for 100 hours and used both the Schiit Loki and EQ to try to like these. Yes, the bass is there, but it is not quality bass IMHO and the other frequencies don't sound right to me. My Monoprice M565 with ZMF oval lambskins blows the M100 out of the water in all aspects. I sold mine a couple of weeks ago as well.

Sep 26, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #10,988 of 12,992
How do I remove M100's earpads?

Sep 27, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #10,990 of 12,992

I completely agree on this. I did the exact same thing - purchased the M100 again (I had owned it 2-3 years ago). I burned it in for 100 hours and used both the Schiit Loki and EQ to try to like these. Yes, the bass is there, but it is not quality bass IMHO and the other frequencies don't sound right to me. My Monoprice M565 with ZMF oval lambskins blows the M100 out of the water in all aspects. I sold mine a couple of weeks ago as well.

Fair enough guys. Whilst I wouldn't call the quality of the Modas high, the quantity is there IMHO, compared to literally every other can I've tried. The Purplehearts have nice quality as do the Z1Rs (other cans do deliver higher quality, but they don't extend with as much authority so what's the point), but they reach their limitations far quicker than the Modas. Thanks @OldDude04 for trying anyway, I can't ask for anything more. Diversity in opinion keeps things interesting >=D

Sep 29, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #10,991 of 12,992
Hi bassmasters.
What kind of bass and bass headphones are the best?
I haven’t been in this game for that long, and I’ve only had 2 “real” headphones. First I had the Audioquest nigh owl and later I sold it and acquired the Campfire audio Cascade. I got the cascade because i like a good rumble and they looked the they had rumble and quality on the same time.
After having them for 4 months I keep thinking that all the mid-bass is more annoying than actually good to listen to.
The night owl however didn’t sell itself as a bass headphone. But since the sub-bass was more emphasized than mid-bass it was really enjoyable.
What is the general preference in here? Is it sub-bass or mid-bass that’s supposed to break your skull?
I know these are not the biggest bass headphones but I want to know what you’re looking for in a headphone to get the most enjoyable bass.

Sep 29, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #10,992 of 12,992
Hi bassmasters.
I haven’t been in this game for that long, and I’ve only had 2 “real” headphones. First I had the Audioquest nigh owl and later I sold it and acquired the Campfire audio Cascade. I got the cascade because i like a good rumble and they looked the they had rumble and quality on the same time.
After having them for 4 months I keep thinking that all the mid-bass is more annoying than actually good to listen to.
The night owl however didn’t sell itself as a bass headphone. But since the sub-bass was more emphasized than mid-bass it was really enjoyable.
What is the general preference in here? Is it sub-bass or mid-bass that’s supposed to break your skull?
I know these are not the biggest bass headphones but I want to know what you’re looking for in a headphone to get the most enjoyable bass.
I think most prefer a solid sub-bass with a lesser, non - intrusive mid bass. I know I do.

I would recommend you try to pick up a used Denon AH-D600 and put Brainwavz oval sheepskin pads on them. I did this recently and the sub bass is massive but still still sounds great with the mids and highs. Best basshead purchase I've made to date. No Eq needed.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #10,993 of 12,992
Hi bassmasters.

It's entirely subjective.
I'm with @slowpickr preference wise, but in terms of breaking your skull, I would say it's more mid bass because it has more impact. Sub bass is more of a rumble. The track WIPEOUT by Quok gives a demonstration of both. The kicks are mid bass heavy but the underlying shake of the notes are sub bass. Pure sub bass would be something like Lion by Dillard which a lot of headphones panic on when you play that track loud.
The Cascades have a very strong mid bass (too much for me - it just becomes fatiguing) and the sub bass capability is decent too. I just don't like the resolution for the price when the TR-X00s exist and my V-Modas outbass them with EQ. But, with some EQ, you could tame the unreserved midbass and bring out more sub bass. That can is no slouch and the entire Audioquest lineup shouldn't be able to hold a candle to it in regards to extreme bass listening. AQ sounds cleaner overall though without a doubt.

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of crazy Happy Hardcore, Jumpstyle, Gabba etc listeners out there though, who love that mid bass punch. But I think most bassheads will appreciate something that can even reproduce the sub bass in some tracks. There's a lot of contemporary "hip hop" which uses extremely heavy basslines and the old stuff too. It's a popular genre and of course there's all the rave genres (House, Dubstep, D'n'B, Trap, Trance/Psytrance). I think a lot of people want the complete bass package, so you get kicked in the head (midbass) when it's needed but you also get massaged (sub bass) when the track calls for it.

Oct 3, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #10,994 of 12,992
Hey Maybe you guys can put me on the right path becasue i have been looking for the past month. I currently own the Audiotechnica Pro 700mk2 and they are great! i love strong mid bass that kicks your skull with every kickdrum and the sub bass is definetly good enough too. the only thing i dont like about them is they literally make my Ears bleed after an hour of having them on. Since the earpads are not for me. i tried the original i tried the ath m50 pads which still i use now. And i tried the brainwavez pads they were nice comfort wise but they cut the mid bass by like 50% so it wasnt enjoyable to me anymore. Now my Question is what are some solid options for me in this price range up to 300$ that just kick your skull like the pro700s amped and eqed does? also i should add ill use them with a shiit magni2 modi2 stack

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #10,995 of 12,992
Forgive me for this very basic question. Of the headphones mentioned in this thread I own the V-Moda M100s with XL pads, one of the many Chinese versions of the RBH Berylliums and the Audioquest Nighthawks with all three pads. What kind of EQ'ing should I be doing here and what software should I be using to do it? Oh, all of these are being powered by an odac+O2 combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back