The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Apr 9, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #10,382 of 12,993
^^
you should buy dekstop amp
im using afo + micro bl
and my next purchase will be a powerful dekstop amp
my current target are gillmore lite mk 2, cayin iha 6, bakoon 5220, or questlye cm400

I don't really use headphones at home to be honest with you , I prefer my speaker setup for that :) why shake my head when I can shake the room!!

Generally my headphone listening experience is done out and about. I do a lot of walking and commuting, it's an electrifying combo in summer

I think my next headphone purchase will be some low/midrange IEM's for the gym which I've just joined... Eek!

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #10,383 of 12,993
My eyes are clearly more tired than I thought .. apologies

This might be why though ...

Headphones :
- TH900mk2 x 2
DAC/Amps
-iFi micro iDSD Black Label
- Chord Mojo
- Cayin C5
- Oppo HA-2

I've purchased the iFi, Chord and Cayin in terms of hunting more power from the Oppo HA-2, so far I'm enjoying the iFi the most, especially as I think using the Chord Mojo out and about isn't going to work so well just due to its design, it's hard to strap to a device, and a hit fiddly to use given the placement of the marbles / buttons.

The Oppo has more bass by default, however I'm sure I can EQ the others to outperform that... After all, what basshead doesn't EQ like a madman?

I suspect the Cayin C5 won't match the iFi's performance.. So I'm leaving that until last.

WHY DO I HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW ?!?!

3wb1pukc.rc4.png

That's a terrible problem to have - I feel for you mate!

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #10,384 of 12,993
Hello everyone, I use a Micro iDSD Black Label with a pair of SZ2000's. When I put the iDSD in Turbo mode at high volumes with the SZ's EQ'd the indicator light dims, starts to clip, eventually goes into red led blinking battery shutdown mode. To get somewhat close to the same effect I have to drop it down to normal mode and flip the Xbass switch on. I don't listen at such volumes, but I like to push it.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #10,386 of 12,993
Hello everyone, I use a Micro iDSD Black Label with a pair of SZ2000's. When I put the iDSD in Turbo mode at high volumes with the SZ's EQ'd the indicator light dims, starts to clip, eventually goes into red led blinking battery shutdown mode. To get somewhat close to the same effect I have to drop it down to normal mode and flip the Xbass switch on. I don't listen at such volumes, but I like to push it.

That sounds to me like your battery is close to dying. And if it's doing that after a full charge, you might have a faulty battery.

Apr 11, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #10,388 of 12,993
It is fully charged, and only does that in turbo mode. I also forgot to mention that the unit gets hot.

You may want to return it for repair or replacement. Sounds like either a faulty battery or faulty device itself. Before I sold my iDSD Micro, I'd used it several times on battery in Turbo mode with X Bass on and the SZ2k beating my skull up and never had anything similar happen.

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #10,389 of 12,993
Screenshot_20180411-203055.png
You may want to return it for repair or replacement. Sounds like either a faulty battery or faulty device itself. Before I sold my iDSD Micro, I'd used it several times on battery in Turbo mode with X Bass on and the SZ2k beating my skull up and never had anything similar happen.
These are my EQ settings on Neutron. They are probably not perfect, but this is what I was using.

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #10,392 of 12,993

Users who are viewing this thread

Back