The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 8, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #9,481 of 12,992
Slowwww...jump is right.

dude... I see the normal water levels on the side of the wall.:beyersmile:

back on topic

seems like the DD suffers from the same thing the technics did. The manufacture used a 50mm driver with a smaller housing. I couldn't find any pads that would fit like the x55 pad fits on the sz.

I'm thinking any pads that fit on audiotecnics m50x might fit well on the DD. So if some of you pad role for the m50, maybe you can try for the community.

I hit that spot every year

Summer is coming....water is still iiiiice cold though

May 9, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #9,482 of 12,992
I am rocking stock pads for now. They work fine for me.
I agree i never ever EVER use over ears outside. Someone even tried to compliment me on them but he had to smack me on the shoulder because I didn't realize quite how much these isolate.
Keepers? Yup

the bottom end is powerful, capable, detailed and clear as i would have hoped.

maybe not top 10 on IMPACT but i heard a lot of headphones in my life and these deserve some sort of mention on REFINED bass with great quantity regardless.
They are very very Musical the whole design works! Delightful studio tuning with quality bass element build and great mids /treble and soundstage. A remarkable achievement for $99 or even the initial price make me move and sing with many genres

May 9, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #9,483 of 12,992
They are very very Musical the whole design works! Delightful studio tuning with quality bass element build and great mids /treble and soundstage. A remarkable achievement for $99 or even the initial price make me move and sing with many genres

I really love mine! Wanna re-cable it. :)

I want to add a review to head fi so I gotta add the company and make another vid.

May 9, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #9,484 of 12,992
I look forward to your video and recabling
Research HBB. I've experimented with upgrading sound of DD phones with Mojo even RSA amping out if Mojo. Not necessary compared to fine sound out of HTC 10 direct but do continue to upscale
The DD phones respond to total sound ecosystem with continuous SQ improvement that is a joy! What a treat these phones are! Really rock for Blues for drblue!

May 9, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #9,485 of 12,992
I look forward to your video and recabling
Research HBB. I've experimented with upgrading sound of DD phones with Mojo even RSA amping out if Mojo. Not necessary compared to fine sound out of HTC 10 direct but do continue to upscale
The DD phones respond to total sound ecosystem with continuous SQ improvement that is a joy! What a treat these phones are! Really rock for Blues for drblue!

IMGP5975.JPG

I was using them to listen to Jamie's Crying when I read your message.

These definitely get the re-cable :)

EDIT: Just jammed the fuuuuu out to Freebird. Think it was recorded live at Day on the Green

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_on_the_Green

1977[edit]

Can you imagine being here? My Mom mighta been.

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #9,486 of 12,992

I was using them to listen to Jamie's Crying when I read your message.

These definitely get the re-cable :)

EDIT: Just jammed the fuuuuu out to Freebird. Think it was recorded live at Day on the Green

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_on_the_Green

i have to check out those recordings from Day on the Green!
whats your recabling strategy HBB? i ve had some good product from Surf Cables,
and i know you have enjoyed Peterek's work....seems like a silver coated copper cable would probably
bring out the bass in the DDs with some added detail and soundstage????
and balanced would work? for use with PH3 or Pono? (i don't have any 2.5 mm balanced DAPs)

1977[edit]

Can you imagine being here? My Mom mighta been.

May 9, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #9,487 of 12,992
What's your recabling strategy for the DDs HBB? I've been happy with Surf Cables work, but
i know you enjoy Peterek's products. silver coated copper? or what??? balanced? will that work
with these drivers.?
only balanced amps i have are Pono and PH3, no 2.5 balanced DAPs!

May 9, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #9,488 of 12,992
What's your recabling strategy for the DDs HBB? I've been happy with Surf Cables work, but
i know you enjoy Peterek's products. silver coated copper? or what??? balanced? will that work
with these drivers.?

Peterek is up to his eyballs in orders. I could hit up Wild Lee at VE for a cable (copper) or get in a long line and send my DD to Peterek and ask him to do what he did with my ma-900
Gonna do one or the other soon. The only portable device I have ever had that made any diff in balanced is the PHA-3. It does all the crazy panning. For Vinyl rips with lots of panning it's PHA

Probably go balanced with a changeable dongle to go balanced or SE like ma-900

ma4.png

May 9, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #9,489 of 12,992
with these drivers.?
I've been using a 4-pin XLR balanced cable that I had for the HE-560s for these. Drivers do not affect anything. It's just whether or not you have the right connectors on your cable.

May 9, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #9,490 of 12,992
Anyone with the DD's near Pennsylvania (western, Pittsburgh)? I have a bunch of different m50x pads one could try and check for fit.. They are slightly smaller in application circumference than the hm5 pads with the pictures shown, it could be viable, but the opening for the headphone fit is oval not circle..

The sound pro's velvet pads seem to have had the tightest fit when applying, they go on massdrop occasionally (I know some of you don't like MD) for $22, but sound professional's website has them cheaper than amazon usually. ($35 amazon/ 30 - $5 coupon on their site =$25 USD)

They are quite firm which I like, it helped keep the bass without any loss in my opinion, and soft enough I tend to forget they are on (we are talking m50x clamp here)

Edit: I was going to purchase the DD, probably will.. Just got a new baby on the way within 2 months so don't want to make any unnecessary purchases until afterward.

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #9,491 of 12,992
Can someone explain the relationship between Sub-bass and Mid-bass in headphones considered to be on top 10? It seems like most headphones come with tuned with a boost in the mid-bass and seldom in the sub-bass region. Only headphone I had that people regarded as sub-bass heavy are the DT770 80ohm pro's ... And those even with some EQ and hardware bass boost, you could hardly consider that a "basshead" phone. Is sub bass something that can be EQ'ed even if the headphone has a mid-bass emphasis?

May 10, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #9,493 of 12,992
Edit: I was going to purchase the DD, probably will.. Just got a new baby on the way within 2 months so don't want to make any unnecessary purchases until afterward.

Congrats and good health be upon you and the coming child

Kids are fun

giphy.gif

The background sound on this vid is coming from a hidden 15" sub playing a clip from an audio of a tornado from 100meters and closing. Before the kids reached the door they were freaking and crying.........Poor kids just wanted to study some English....smh :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back