The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 6, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #9,467 of 12,992
Son of a Beach! That worthy HBB??
After burning them all last night they are racing ahead of my other Woodie phones for best sound and outperforming Denons Thinksounds and others which are good
Very musical with integrated soundstage
And good bass very balanced not bass monster but quality musical bass for many genres. Out of Calyx M they are a real treat

Hbb and dr blue both singing a headphones praise might be the highest level of respect for a product i could hope to hear.

Hopefully my dd will be at home when i get back today? I never got a tracking # but drblue got his pretty fast so im hopeful. Then again he's closer to DD HQ

May 6, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #9,468 of 12,992
FedEx had my DD's waiting for me when I got home.
Ripped that notch open and plugged those notches in.
Consider me FULLY IMPRESSED, crazy wide open stage that is simply ridiculous for a closed back.
the venting holes work.
and deep rumbling sub tones on acoustic drums comes thru clearer than possibly any other headphones i have (I would guess DRBLUE might feel similarly but he also owns many nicer headphones than I)
and, they take iDSD Turbo Mode without a problem.
The only complaint i have is i thought mine had a bunk left driver.
It turned out the cable connection on the 3.5mm plug itself on mine is a little sensitive, however I have some 3 pole 3.5mm's around, so i will reterminate it with one of those when i have some time and care enough to. (I need to find them anyway, i have a billion 2 pole 3.5mm's and dont want to kill the mic functionality, i never owned a pair of over ears with mic before)

Shout out to HBB.
Shout out to DD Audio.
You'd be stupid not to get these at 99 big ones.

-------------------

Went for a 3 hour walk with the DD's and my LG v10...
  • Sounded just fine out of the phone. I had to use it at max volume though, so an amp might not be a bad idea to bring along in the future.
  • Killer soundstage
  • Better than expected isolation, someone said something to me and i didn't notice. Oops. (but i had headphones on, what you tryin to talk to me for?) Even found myself rapping along to some tracks at a decent speaking volume when I thought i was basically whispering it. again, not a problem really.
  • Big wide effortless sound. I love it!

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #9,469 of 12,992
Also got these in today. Been comparing them to the JVC HA-SZ2000 and the EMU Teaks (similar to TH-X00). Amazing value, especially for the sale price. Don't hit as hard as JVC's (obviously) but they respond well to EQ and sound much less veiled. I prefer their signature over the EMU (with Ebony cups), which can be a bit bright. My only complaint is that it feels flimsy. I definitely recommend these though.

Also, anyone discover good alternate pads? The Brainwavz don't fit these (too big).

Anyone tested the new ZMF Eikon or Atticus to see how they stack up? I took delivery of my Eikon this past week and it goes deeeep and rumbles nicely.

I've always been curious about these. I heard the Atticus has the best impact ever. Thinking of selling my other headphones to pay for these.

May 6, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #9,470 of 12,992
FedEx had my DD's waiting for me when I got home.
Ripped that notch open and plugged those notches in.
Consider me FULLY IMPRESSED, crazy wide open stage that is simply ridiculous for a closed back.
the venting holes work.
and deep rumbling sub tones on acoustic drums comes thru clearer than possibly any other headphones i have (I would guess DRBLUE might feel similarly but he also owns many nicer headphones than I)
and, they take iDSD Turbo Mode without a problem.
The only complaint i have is i thought mine had a bunk left driver.
It turned out the cable connection on the 3.5mm plug itself on mine is a little sensitive, however I have some 3 pole 3.5mm's around, so i will reterminate it with one of those when i have some time and care enough to. (I need to find them anyway, i have a billion 2 pole 3.5mm's and dont want to kill the mic functionality, i never owned a pair of over ears with mic before)

Shout out to HBB.
Shout out to DD Audio.
You'd be stupid not to get these at 99 big ones.

-------------------

Went for a 3 hour walk with the DD's and my LG v10...
  • Sounded just fine out of the phone. I had to use it at max volume though, so an amp might not be a bad idea to bring along in the future.
  • Killer soundstage
  • Better than expected isolation, someone said something to me and i didn't notice. Oops. (but i had headphones on, what you tryin to talk to me for?) Even found myself rapping along to some tracks at a decent speaking volume when I thought i was basically whispering it. again, not a problem really.
  • Big wide effortless sound. I love it!

I took mine outside twice and I usually don't rock overears outside. Love the look and sound.
I listened for about 2 hours until my DAP died. I usually pay attention but got lost playing air guitar :)

Also got these in today. Been comparing them to the JVC HA-SZ2000 and the EMU Teaks (similar to TH-X00). Amazing value, especially for the sale price. Don't hit as hard as JVC's (obviously) but they respond well to EQ and sound much less veiled. I prefer their signature over the EMU (with Ebony cups), which can be a bit bright. My only complaint is that it feels flimsy. I definitely recommend these though.

Also, anyone discover good alternate pads? The Brainwavz don't fit these (too big).

I've always been curious about these. I heard the Atticus has the best impact ever. Thinking of selling my other headphones to pay for these.

Yeah you can twist these into a mess since it's pressed steel. I am very aware of my gear but for another person who sits on their stuff accidentally ...these would be no good.

May 7, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #9,471 of 12,992
I am rocking stock pads for now. They work fine for me.
I agree i never ever EVER use over ears outside. Someone even tried to compliment me on them but he had to smack me on the shoulder because I didn't realize quite how much these isolate.
Keepers? Yup

the bottom end is powerful, capable, detailed and clear as i would have hoped.

maybe not top 10 on IMPACT but i heard a lot of headphones in my life and these deserve some sort of mention on REFINED bass with great quantity regardless.

May 7, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #9,472 of 12,992
HBB:
"I got Digital Designs headphones, and they're made of Wood"!

How could I not buy these?

"There goes my allowance."
He says, while wearing a pair of Razor Kraken Pro V2 Green that arrived today along with a Sony GTK-XB7 speaker box.

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #9,474 of 12,992
@HBB
Thanks for the Rec.
I got the MA900's as well.
What pads did you swap to on the MA's?

May 7, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #9,475 of 12,992
IMGP5971.JPG
IMGP5972.JPG

iDSD in Turbo...Honey badger don't care :wink:

@HBB
Thanks for the Rec.
I got the MA900's as well.
What pads did you swap to on the MA's?

I took the pads from the SZ1000 and put them on the ma900. any sofy pleather set makes the sound a tad fuller without bothering stage or anything else.

OT

Swimming season in Japan starts around July 20. Ends around Sept 1...whaaaaa???

So I start ASAP. I jumped in before the others would ( they were Vietnamese not Japanese) Then they followed behind. It always takes one loon to get it going, usually me. Not the guy in the water standing up. Where I jumped in it was exactly 6ft. my feet touched, knees buckled for suspension and my ass hit the bottom.

Good stuff!

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #9,477 of 12,992
That right there will prevent me from buying the DD headphones, which sucks. Thanks for posting up about them not fitting though.

I don't see why it should. The stock pads aren't bad (unlike the JVCs). I was just wondering if there was something that would be a little better.

May 7, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #9,478 of 12,992
I don't see why it should. The stock pads aren't bad (unlike the JVCs). I was just wondering if there was something that would be a little better.

Its simply due to size. I have large ears (height wise), and I am not a fan of on-ear headphones. So since the HM5 pads won't work on them, I wouldn't be able to wear them.

May 7, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #9,479 of 12,992
Its simply due to size. I have large ears (height wise), and I am not a fan of on-ear headphones. So since the HM5 pads won't work on them, I wouldn't be able to wear them.

HOLD UP! I found a solution! I've been trying to jam the pads into the tiny space in the cup and realized I CAN WRAP THEM AROUND THE FREAKING CUP ITSELF.

Edit: I think these would benefit from more shallow pads. Didn't like the Brainwavz sheepskin pads over the stock. Soundstage becomes huge, but vocals are much more harsh. Also, the fit is tricky so the seal is not perfect.

xabizOr.jpg
xabizOr.jpg

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #9,480 of 12,992

iDSD in Turbo...Honey badger don't care :wink:

I took the pads from the SZ1000 and put them on the ma900. any sofy pleather set makes the sound a tad fuller without bothering stage or anything else.

OT

Swimming season in Japan starts around July 20. Ends around Sept 1...whaaaaa???

So I start ASAP. I jumped in before the others would ( they were Vietnamese not Japanese) Then they followed behind. It always takes one loon to get it going, usually me. Not the guy in the water standing up. Where I jumped in it was exactly 6ft. my feet touched, knees buckled for suspension and my ass hit the bottom.

Good stuff!

Slowwww...jump is right.

dude... I see the normal water levels on the side of the wall.:beyersmile:

back on topic

seems like the DD suffers from the same thing the technics did. The manufacture used a 50mm driver with a smaller housing. I couldn't find any pads that would fit like the x55 pad fits on the sz.

I'm thinking any pads that fit on audiotecnics m50x might fit well on the DD. So if some of you pad role for the m50, maybe you can try for the community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back