The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 15, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #8,418 of 12,992
Also, I used a note 4 and c5 with great results. The bass sometimes seemed bloated on some tracks, but for the money, it was a killer combo. C5 literally has more than enough juice to get some serious bass going, so the other options people mentioned are more than likely going to be viable.

Is that from running 3.5mm to 3.5mm or is that the DAC version? After reading some reviews I am really sold on the C5. Unfortunately I can't get the DAC version so I might just settle for the normal c5 for now and stack a DAC, but then I am not sure which DAC would be good for stacking with it maybe an e18?

someone please give me recommendation basshead headphone under $100 to Upgrade my senn 202, i need more punchy bass
thx b4

Personally I don't believe there are any basshead headphones for less than $100. I used to own a pair of hd202. They are 32ohm drivers and are pretty solid at its low price tag. I recommend instead getting a small bass boost amp like fiio e6 or e02i to bring out its full potential. If you want a basshead headphone then I strongly recommend saving up a little more and you can afford audio technica pro700mk2 as they are marked down to around $120 on amazon at the moment! But without an amp, your headphone will be bottle-necked no matter how good it is.

Jan 15, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #8,421 of 12,992

This is for those who got a UFO, or wish to get one (thought i think Victory might be wiser choice), just sayin!

I just for fun tried this, and though tricky to get on, it worked! Much better than stock pads, and more squishy than hm5.
It fits with inner lip acting as the lip. The UFO has a ring which the lip goes over and its sturdy if not overstretched. YMMV with pad rolling, but its not rocket science really.

See all drivers peeking, and can breathe compared to stock horrible pads.

A look from the outside

A look at the lip holding on tight.

Anyway, i'm not recommending or any of that sort. I just tried it, and for me it worked, and i liked the results. I enjoy this for African Drumming, Peruvian Psychedelic, Ethiopian Blues, mainly beacause its forgiving and those genre classics are not all that well recorded.

I tried the paper moving, but not too much success, so
@Hawaiibadboy waiting for your results!!!
I got the slightest with these but more with hm5 amped/bluetooth.

happy_face1.gif

Jan 15, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #8,422 of 12,992
  someone please give me recommendation basshead headphone under $100 to Upgrade my senn 202, i need more punchy bass
thx b4

If you watch ebay the sz1k floats around the 100 US mark, and I would save up for that. Its still pretty decent straight off a portable until you can give it some juice.

If you dont mind an on ear the JVC s500 w/ hd25 pads is a great little portable and its bassy as well.

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #8,423 of 12,992
8 hours of researching later I could not find a jvc m55x replacement cup for my sz2000, would have to order the m55x headphones from overseas which would cost me an ordeal considering I'm just after those cups. Is there an alternative cup that delivers similar bass transfer?

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #8,424 of 12,992
  8 hours of researching later I could not find a jvc m55x replacement cup for my sz2000, would have to order the m55x headphones from overseas which would cost me an ordeal considering I'm just after those cups. Is there an alternative cup that delivers similar bass transfer?

The only way to get m55 cups are to buy the whole set and take them off.  You might be able to get a seller from ebay that are selling a broken set to just send you the pads to save money on shipping.  

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #8,425 of 12,992
thx b4

Do you own any amplifier at all? If you don't  get a cheap amp and Koss Porta pros. I have heard the Philips, dt 770, all those and none are basshead. Well amped and EQ'd porta pros will hit better than some of those. Really you should save up and get a used SZ1000 though. about exactly $100 and nothing less is basshead or else i wouldn't be suggesting you get a cheap amp, portapros and call it a day.

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #8,426 of 12,992

The only way to get m55 cups are to buy the whole set and take them off.  You might be able to get a seller from ebay that are selling a broken set to just send you the pads to save money on shipping.  

the new JVC XX HA-MR60X pads wont fit?

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #8,428 of 12,992
  Do you own any amplifier at all? If you don't  get a cheap amp and Koss Porta pros. I have heard the Philips, dt 770, all those and none are basshead. Well amped and EQ'd porta pros will hit better than some of those. Really you should save up and get a used SZ1000 though. about exactly $100 and nothing less is basshead or else i wouldn't be suggesting you get a cheap amp, portapros and call it a day.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD SIR,

are you saying to take a porta pro over a 770.80 for BASS?

the 770.80 is a marvellous piece. I know a lot of people have much higher fidelity cans,

Fidelity nirvana aside, i cannot see it. I just can't 
tongue.gif

I don't know that a porta is all that much better than a ksc75/ur40. And i prefer my djpro100 much much more thabn both ur40 and ksc75 (with kramer mod and quarter mod), and 770.80 over the djpro100 (which is a highly underrated can which can sometimes outduel a 880.250 on certain songs)

djpro100 and 770.80 both not basshead, but they can produce nice relatively accurate bass (in their respective price points) amped (surprise surprise!) properly

happy_face1.gif

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #8,429 of 12,992

I mean don't come back being like "vapman said portapros are BASSHEAD!!!!" because the context in which i said that was important.

Yes I have heard 770s many times, dj pro 100, ur40, ksc75 blah blah blah. If I can't have my SZ's for any reason I WILL use my portas and use them gladly... i don't have any headphones except porta, sz1k & sz2k, & some old jvc ham55x which i  never threw out and instead keep in the studio

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #8,430 of 12,992

I mean don't come back being like "vapman said portapros are BASSHEAD!!!!" because the context in which i said that was important.

Yes I have heard 770s many times, dj pro 100, ur40, ksc75 blah blah blah. If I can't have my SZ's for any reason I WILL use my portas and use them gladly... i don't have any headphones except porta, sz1k & sz2k, & some old jvc ham55x which i  never threw out and instead keep in the studio

3am and i'm just about to slap on sz
biggrin.gif

no i didn't imply you said it was basshead, but IMHO i would favor the 770.80 over my 3 KOSS cans, which i enjoy, but the 80ohm is fun fun fun

and does not lack in BASS department, though not basshead

happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back