The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 8, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #8,341 of 12,992
   3 kinds of BASS

LOVE THAT TRACK!!! Good choice!

Modified 77x are epic

Yessir
evil_smiley.gif
. Well I just using them for now. I have a million tracks i want to try. Been listening to bass tests for like a good ten years now.

Also at this time, after some of the stuff we've talked about before recommend a re-test  ( Official HAWAIIBADBOY BASS TEST ofc) of the xb1k with sz1k pad, and hm5)
My reasoning is that the sz1k/2k has its rep through mods (pads rolling) and that the xb didn't get that opportunity. I just dont have the equipment, and other priorities. I am not saying it will beat 2k or any crazy statement like that. I don't care for it to be top dog or anything :p just that i'd like to hear your opinion on it. Wouldn't hurt if it topped th900 :p lol as #2

^This is on some 5+ year old Samsung Galaxy Tablet + xtrempro m1 , so I imagine the potential with this Beast's 3000mw handling. I didnt even EQ or anything.  Stock JVC SZ1k Pad is somewhat comfy on it, i don't know why.

XB1k  with HM5 Sheepskins Bass Test ^^^

Incase anyone wonders why i use that jiggly wiggly paper method, its because when sub notes play it will seem quiet but the paper will do waves. This is not as noticeable with just a flat sheet of paper. Its very obvious with the cut up bits. Also this will seperate the bass cans that SLAM vs ones that SLAM and get real real real LOW.  I'm not a scientist, but this is what I am thinking, so it would be nice to see others try as well and see for themselves.
happy_face1.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #8,342 of 12,992
<snip>

Incase anyone wonders why i use that jiggly wiggly paper method, its because when sub notes play it will seem quiet but the paper will do waves. This is not as noticeable with just a flat sheet of paper. Its very obvious with the cut up bits. Also this will seperate the bass cans that SLAM vs ones that SLAM and get real real real LOW.  I'm not a scientist, but this is what I am thinking, so it would be nice to see others try as well and see for themselves.
happy_face1.gif

Although it looks kind of fun(ny) with the cut up paper flying around, it really is just making it easier for your paper to move.  If the headphone+amp+EQ has that SLAM potential, it will make that solid flat sheet of paper shake.  The real low low super low notes that you can feel but not hear will make that paper wave like a flag.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #8,344 of 12,992
I just got Fostex th600, love the bass, but a lot of tracks(trance) i feel i can hear the earcups singing/resonans with the bass.. what to do?

That was the feeling I got with the 600s. I don't know if it was the magnesium cups or what. With the x00, none of that.

Try taking it apart and putting some sound deadening material or foam inside of the cups. Or you can get some aftermaket wood cups

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #8,345 of 12,992
  Although it looks kind of fun(ny) with the cut up paper flying around, it really is just making it easier for your paper to move.  If the headphone+amp+EQ has that SLAM potential, it will make that solid flat sheet of paper shake.  The real low low super low notes that you can feel but not hear will make that paper wave like a flag.

ARE YOU ACCUSING ME OF BEING A PHONY BASSHEAD?!?!?!?!

Just for you. It does wave like a flag! Was cool to see and hear/ This again on tablet with a "weak" xtrempro m1. I'm thinking this is like 40% of its potential. It sure is hypnotizing. It waves like a Power Acoustik MOFO at 4-6 min mark.

@Hawaiibadboy just give me my passing grade for basshead certifcate and i will move on
tongue.gif

and yes, the sliced paper is fun, so much fun i even did a colorful reggae one, and.... UFO test ... (just uploading.)

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #8,346 of 12,992
BLUEDIO UFO

BLUEDIO UFO with SZ1k Pads and amped ^^^ 

BLUEDIO UFO BT mode ^^^

This is a weird can because it sounds really bassy, but barely moves paper, and will do flat paper test another time. :wink: Though you can see it moves a little
tongue.gif
Perhaps someone can really juice it up and see. As the m1 is a measly 270mw @32ohm, and 450@16ohm (which seems ok for sz1k), probably not 2k, but thats ok, b/c i don't own one! Just one more.

Don't be h8'n. Just for $htsnGiggles. Feel free to try. I've been going through an Extremely Extremely Extremely 
evil_smiley.gif
difficult period in my life, and this headphone hobby just relieves me of some the almost unbearable agony sometimes present in my life. Please forgive some of the shortcomings in my videos. Its merely for therapeutic purposes. I'm happy to respond to any questions. So, happy listening folks!

happy_face1.gif

Jan 8, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #8,347 of 12,992
I've recently realized I've gone FULL basshead. I've always read so much praise about the bass from the Beyerdynamic DT990, obviously not in this read but all through the rest of the forum. Well I got a pair of 600ohm DT990's and the bass is anemic to say the least. With all my listening done with my TH-X00's and SZ2K's, the DT990's sound like they practically have ZERO bass lol. 

I know this isn't the thread for silly weak headphones like those, but I just wanted to address this for possible future readers of this thread. If you truly seek head slamming bass, this is THE thread to do your research in. I've now realized I cannot trust anyone's description of bass unless I read it in this thread. Now when I read reviewers claiming "big bass" etc when talking about other headphones NOT mentioned in this thread, I literally roll my eyes. It's ridiculous how much of a difference there is between a certified bassheads view of strong bass and your typical headfi'er. 

Lastly, I didn't buy my DT990's looking for head shaking bass, I know better. I had just been searching for a solid hitting open back can that had immense soundstage. Something that I could use when listening to music that doesn't demand or excel with hard hitting bass (fleetwood mac etc). These will have to do as I don't feel like wasting hundreds or even thousands of dollars tracking a set down, as I can't demo anything locally. Besides the bass being anemic and the treble being a bit too aggressive, the 990's sound okay. 

I now know why HBB started this thread and others like it. The rest of this forums view on bass is just different for ours. Anyways enough rambling, just had to vent. Carry on bass nation...

Jan 8, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #8,348 of 12,992
  I've recently realized I've gone FULL basshead. I've always read so much praise about the bass from the Beyerdynamic DT990, obviously not in this read but all through the rest of the forum. Well I got a pair of 600ohm DT990's and the bass is anemic to say the least. With all my listening done with my TH-X00's and SZ2K's, the DT990's sound like they practically have ZERO bass lol. 

I know this isn't the thread for silly weak headphones like those, but I just wanted to address this for possible future readers of this thread. If you truly seek head slamming bass, this is THE thread to do your research in. I've now realized I cannot trust anyone's description of bass unless I read it in this thread. Now when I read reviewers claiming "big bass" etc when talking about other headphones NOT mentioned in this thread, I literally roll my eyes. It's ridiculous how much of a difference there is between a certified bassheads view of strong bass and your typical headfi'er. 

Lastly, I didn't buy my DT990's looking for head shaking bass, I know better. I had just been searching for a solid hitting open back can that had immense soundstage. Something that I could use when listening to music that doesn't demand or excel with hard hitting bass (fleetwood mac etc). These will have to do as I don't feel like wasting hundreds or even thousands of dollars tracking a set down, as I can't demo anything locally. Besides the bass being anemic and the treble being a bit too aggressive, the 990's sound okay. 

I now know why HBB started this thread and others like it. The rest of this forums view on bass is just different for ours. Anyways enough rambling, just had to vent. Carry on bass nation...

Welcome to the club @Strauss95

For an open back with BASS and soundstage, check out the Philips X1 and/or X2 

Jan 8, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #8,349 of 12,992
Jan 8, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #8,352 of 12,992
Jan 8, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #8,353 of 12,992
  Welcome to the club @Strauss95

For an open back with BASS and soundstage, check out the Philips X1 and/or X2 

I bought the X1's 2yrs ago when I first started getting into quality headphones. At the time I had my Yamaha Pro 500's and Soundmagic HP200's and didn't appreciate high quality audio, I was strictly focused on bass. I returned the X1's because the HP200's had more bass than them, as that was all I cared about at the time. So I've been hesitant to try either the X1 or X2 again after that experience a few years ago. It's quite possible that I'd enjoy them more now, especially since I'm not buying them for a "basshead" can. Thanks for the suggestion none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back