The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 22, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #7,471 of 12,992
Has anyone found basshead in a wireless can yet?  I tried the Sony xb950's and I dont know if its just the weak clamp they have or what, but I couldnt get bass out of them. I wasnt expecting them to hit my m100 levels in bass, but it was suprisingly underwhelming as to what I was hoping for, it didnt even make me grin :frowning2:  

just found my new moto: bass that makes you a grinner is a winner!! haha

Aug 22, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #7,473 of 12,992
  Problem with bluetooth is the technology legitimately isn't there yet. It generally causes the bass to roll off and the highs to get all jumbled.

Yeah. Kleer technology works good, but you need a battery operated dongle to use it.  I had the 50 cent SMS over ears and they werent bad. I mean I ultimately returned them and it lead to me getting M-100's which I am more satisfied with. But they actually work, I just didnt appreciate a dongle on my phone, which if the battery fails, is no longer made to buy.

If the dongle ran off my phones battery, I would have kept them. But the life of the device relying on a tiny battery in a dongle. no thanks

The bass was there, and they had a nice bass boost button on top of it (which only worked when wireless, not corded)

Bluetooth needs to take some notes!! lol

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #7,476 of 12,992
  If they released something that pounds just as hard with better mids/highs, I'd be the first in line.

I had been toying with the idea of turning my SZ1000 into a semi-open headphone to see whta that would do for mids and highs, but it might just ruin the effect of the sub driver. Anyway, i'm already trading it to someone who I know will give them a loving home.

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #7,477 of 12,992
was thinking of buying a JVC HA-SZ2000

wondering if you listen to psy-trance, if the details will shine or at least, that the treble will make a satisfactory sounds, when going on with the drum percussion in 130 bpm

and the details and melody?

how bad or good is really the midrange and treble on the JVC HA-SZ2000?
I can't speak to the sz2k as I have the sz1k, but when it comes to electronic music I prefer the m100. Most of what I listen to is dub, trap, and future. The only time I reach for the jvc's is when I'm listening to hip hop/rap. You can probably find somewhere local to give them a listen (the m100). Guitar Center had no problem letting me use my amp and own source to check them out.

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #7,478 of 12,992
was thinking of buying a JVC HA-SZ2000

wondering if you listen to psy-trance, if the details will shine or at least, that the treble will make a satisfactory sounds, when going on with the drum percussion in 130 bpm

and the details and melody?

how bad or good is really the midrange and treble on the JVC HA-SZ2000?
I can't speak to the sz2k as I have the sz1k, but when it comes to electronic music I prefer the m100. Most of what I listen to is dub, trap, and future. The only time I reach for the jvc's is when I'm listening to hip hop/rap. You can probably find somewhere local to give them a listen (the m100). Guitar Center had no problem letting me use my amp and own source to check them out.

Try the jvcs with different pads. And btw ive had the vmoda crossfade lps. Such terrible cans. All looks and no actual job. I found the m100s not too far from them. I personally think the jvcs will be better soundwise in every way. The vmodas also have such sibilant highs. Too much v. The jvc have so much natural mids too. And the sound is never fatiguing. After my fostex x00 the jvc are the best for electronic music.

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #7,479 of 12,992
Try the jvcs with different pads. And btw ive had the vmoda crossfade lps. Such terrible cans. All looks and no actual job. I found the m100s not too far from them. I personally think the jvcs will be better soundwise in every way. The vmodas also have such sibilant highs. Too much v. The jvc have so much natural mids too. And the sound is never fatiguing. After my fostex x00 the jvc are the best for electronic music.

I experience no sibilence on my m100 even right out of the box. Not sure what caused this for you. I amp and eq mine though, and I only used the XL pads (I bought them at the same time) but in reference I also have used the LPs and found the signature not to be totally similar. The LP's were quite veiled in comparison and did have larger but less controlled bass.  I only Eq the Bass up slightly and the mids slightly up. W/ Cayin c5 bass boost on.

But that's the greatest thing about this hobby, each set can sound to you different than to others. So you can search until you find your perfect set(s)! :)

Aug 23, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #7,480 of 12,992
I have to agree with @AT Khan the M100 was a total mess to my ears. Really hated it from the second  I put them on.

I think they are a fine headphone if you mainly listen to EDM and other poppy stuff and want an "exciting wow" sound but not are so concerned with tonal balance and accurate tuning. This is why the JVC remains my pick.

Aug 23, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #7,482 of 12,992
I have the V-Moda M100's and I think they sound horrible and distorted with the XL pads. I thought my headphones broke, I had 4 others from work sample them too and they all thought the same thing so it wasn't my imagination (this was at very high volume levels mind you). When I threw the stocks back on it they sound great again. :thumbsup:

In regards to some saying the TH900's aren't that bassy you may want to get them replaced or something because I also have the SZ2000 and TH900's. The SZ2000 does have more bass but not much more(provided you're EQ'ing the Fostex) and the TH900's are audiophile bass. Clean crisp tight non distorted or muddy sub bass(ear drum/head shaking bass) that is very accurate. but they should be, there is quite a price difference between the two. As far as everything else between the two the SZ2000 can't even compete.

Aug 23, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #7,483 of 12,992
I'm back to the stock pads too. The xl's absorb too much of the bass for my liking. Not to mention they didn't fit my dumbo ears well. I have hm5's on the sz1k. I don't like them for the same reason with the bass. I gotta get around to putting some 55x pads on them. I like the headphones, just not for edm.

Aug 23, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #7,484 of 12,992
wonder is the kick, included in the bass concept here
Is there any headphone with the best cleanest, clearest, and most powerful kick?

just wondering is the Audio-technica ath50x anything to consider, or are there many that are much better at kicks, and psy-trance

haven't listened to the ath50x, just that it seemed popular, is there any options that may have something with more details, and not worse than those
that can deliver

have been quite hard to find something that can deliver something full-spectrum with very good details, and a not too boosted high, or harsh for high volumes

Aug 23, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #7,485 of 12,992
Yamaha pro 500. Insanly fast bass that is great for EDM, and fast double bass Metal genres like Death, Black ect. Best mids  I ever heard in a headphone.Great for EDM, Metal, punk, Rock ect. Treble is on the dark side. I listen to these 5-6 hours a day with no fatigue. Amped these things can get to about 75% of the bass slam as JVC 2k, and IMO matches the bass Impact or punch. Energy and exciment ooze out of these things. No need at all for EQ. Sounds great out of the box.

The only issues are fit. My head is size 58. If it were any smaller I could not wear these headphone. Also my ears are medium size. if they were any larger, I again could not wear these headphones. If you have a larger head then 58(7 1/4) and you have small to medium sized ears, these are insanely great headphones. I prefer them over anything under $800. My favorite headphone ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back